Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The guy managed to pack like a whole three complete non-sequiturs into a two sentence tweet :lol:

- Mourinho didn't 'leave' Tottenham as much as he was sacked
- How does it matter in the context of his sacking whether or not he knew Kane wanted to leave?
- Not to mention, surely Mourinho knew that Kane would likely want to leave at some point when he got hired in the first place
- And then, what has Mourinho's knowing of Kane's wish to leave, at the time of his sacking, have to do with the "ambition" of United?!

Bizarre stuff.
Also consider that this is an opinion piece, so he's going to load it with even more rubbish just to get more clicks and reads.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I doubt that he'd displace any of the current Chelsea defenders from their back 3. He'd probably be the worst player, defensively, out of the lot in the first team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No my logic is that if we have a complete team, by improving our defence and midfield with quality players, we will be more competitive. Those same 0-0 will become wins by having better chances for and less against. It's not about numbers, our first 11 is not as competitive as our rivals. We lack a DM and a CB; Kane would mean any additions there would be subpar.
You might not realise it but what your logic is to choose quantity over quality.

You choose quantity to make sure we improve in more than one area which defense and midfield by signing players that have no guarantee capable to convert those 0-0 draws into a win based on our playing style. On contrary, Kane's quality is about converting minimum chances into goals and he proves it, and if we combine that Kane's quality into our playing style, we could convert those 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins.

Scholsey2004

The Athletic saying Kane wants City.

Think we need a central mid more than anything. Camavinga/Marcos Llorente, Saul Niguez, and central defender
In his position City right now makes more sense than us. A few of our best players havent reached their peak yet and by the time they do he'll be past his. Going to a side like City whose best players are already at their peak and already winning things is a much safer bet. Logically Haaland who's of the same age range as Rashford, Greenwood AWB and (presuming we get him) Sancho would make more sense for us.

Scholsey2004

Wasn't aware that gentlemen's agreements are even written on paper. Wouldn't the word then be 'contract'?
Its an English/British expression for when someones promises are worthless. Obviously anyone who believes any verbal promise in football is extremely naiive.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
In his position City right now makes more sense than us. A few of our best players havent reached their peak yet and by the time they do he'll be past his. Going to a side like City whose best players are already at their peak and already winning things is a much safer bet. Logically Haaland who's of the same age range as Rashford, Greenwood AWB and (presuming we get him) Sancho would make more sense for us.
If City win the CL and complete the treble, what does winning another title with them mean to him when its abundantly clear they don't need him to win? It would be quite empty. Even when van Persie joined United, they hadn't won the league the season before.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
You might not realise it but what your logic is to choose quantity over quality.

You choose quantity to make sure we improve in more than one area which defense and midfield by signing players that have no guarantee capable to convert those 0-0 draws into a win based on our playing style. On contrary, Kane's quality is about converting minimum chances into goals and he proves it, and if we combine that Kane's quality into our playing style, we could convert those 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins.
You say quantity of quality, but really and truly, would adding Kane add more quality to our team than adding first choice DM, CB and RW. For around the same levels money you can have Kane, or Sancho, Varane and Bissouma. Is that not a much significant improvement in quality than just Kane?

Are we making such a significant upgrade on Cavani, who I might add we just begged to stay, than McFred and Lindelof? Make it make sense, the foundation for Kane to succeed is not there. We will not be challenging for anything with the defense and midfield as is, even if we signed Messi.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lost his place on the first XI already. That doesn't look good.
Has he or is De Gea being given an OT send off?
Or is because De Gea is playing in the final (because he's our cup keeper) is he being given the last 2 league games to keep him sharp?
No one knows the absolute reason for De Gea playing today

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You say quantity of quality, but really and truly, would adding Kane add more quality to our team than adding first choice DM, CB and RW. For around the same levels money you can have Kane, or Sancho, Varane and Bissouma. Is that not a much significant improvement in quality than just Kane?

Are we making such a significant upgrade on Cavani, who I might add we just begged to stay, than McFred and Lindelof? Make it make sense, the foundation for Kane to succeed is not there. We will not be challenging for anything with the defense and midfield as is, even if we signed Messi.
To be fair Sancho + Varane + Bissouma will cost more than Kane. Does those three players have shown evidence to tell us that they can convert our 0-0 league draws into 1-0 win? Not in my view thus, I call it less unproven.

I know Kane can, because that is his quality to convert minimum chances into goal.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

If City win the CL and complete the treble, what does winning another title with them mean to him when its abundantly clear they don't need him to win? It would be quite empty. Even when van Persie joined United, they hadn't won the league the season before.
If he wanted a real challenge to win major trophies then hes already gone down that route with Spurs. He wants virtually guaranteed trophies at this stage of his career. City are a far better bet for that.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

How high quality?

You can't get as quality and as proven for years as Kane though. Kane will give us goals, goals will convert our 0-0 draws to winning goals. That's why I see the logic when the poster say if we have Kane this season, we would be winning league this season.
Lets guess and say Kane would cost 150M. I think you could easily get 2 automatic starters for that amount. Sancho + Ndidi for example. And I don't think its quite as simple as adding Kane will automatically result in more wins. Everyone will point to RVP but I just, being a negative pessimistic bastard by nature, see the Di Marias and Lukaku's and I question whether it will work.

And thats not to say we'll definitely improve with Sancho and Ndidi! They could both come in and fail miserably! Its what makes it interesting I guess.

ti vu

I think Lingard might be overestimating if he only wants to go to a club with CL football.
I think he's coming back to stay. Knowing the people above Ole just randomly give it contract to protect the asset, if nobody wants him, he would eventually be offered a new contract.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Lets guess and say Kane would cost 150M. I think you could easily get 2 automatic starters for that amount. Sancho + Ndidi for example. And I don't think its quite as simple as adding Kane will automatically result in more wins. Everyone will point to RVP but I just, being a negative pessimistic bastard by nature, see the Di Marias and Lukaku's and I question whether it will work.

And thats not to say we'll definitely improve with Sancho and Ndidi! They could both come in and fail miserably! Its what makes it interesting I guess.
And we have Cavani, that's the big thing. We're not lacking in the position at all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Di Maria or Lukaku is not Kane's quality though, Kane is the best, world class. Sancho's quality signing is actually more like a Di Maria's or Lukaku's quality signing, quality and prospect but not the best or world class. So there is no saying that Sancho & Ndidi will bring more quality to our squad than what Kane will bring.

cyberman

If he wanted a real challenge to win major trophies then hes already gone down that route with Spurs. He wants virtually guaranteed trophies at this stage of his career. City are a far better bet for that.
We have no idea what he wants.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is this going back to what Lyall reported a while back (United are looking for a new keeper with Oblak as one target)? Is this why Sky's sticking to this narrative?
I'm not sure, but I would be on-board with such a move due to it freeing up the wage bill and hopefully bringing in a sizeable chunk in a transfer fee for Henderson.

But I would hope we don't go for Oblak but rather someone who is strong at commanding his box and has a presence about him along with the experience to organise a back line. I'm not a big fan of keepers who are pure shot stoppers and would rather go down the line of signing a keeper who has a well rounded game, even if he's in his 30s, like Edwin Van der Sar was, when we signed him from Fulham.

Sea-Cow

Di Maria or Lukaku is not Kane's quality though, Kane is the best, world class. Sancho's quality signing is actually more like a Di Maria's or Lukaku's quality signing, quality and prospect but not the best or world class. So there is no saying that Sancho & Ndidi will bring more quality to our squad than what Kane will bring.
I'll agree with you that its not apples to apples, but Di Maria was playing at an extremely high level at Madrid. I don't really want to get into a discussion on "world class" or not, but I would say if he wasn't considered world class at that time then he wasn't that far off.

And Kane is getting up there and picking up injuries more frequently and he looks like his physical ability will fall off the cliff once it goes. He could soon have the pace of Lukaku! (But yeah he'd still have a better touch, even in a wheelchair...)

I just really don't want Kane. I don't like his move of undercutting opposition players who jump near him. It happens way too often to be an accident. And if the Glazers pony up for him that would just annoy me more that they think they can just throw money at a problem to get the fans to shut up.

Jordan_mufc

Is this going back to what Lyall reported a while back (United are looking for a new keeper with Oblak as one target)? Is this why Sky's sticking to this narrative?
It's poorly worded but I think it means that one of them will leave.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'll agree with you that its not apples to apples, but Di Maria was playing at an extremely high level at Madrid. I don't really want to get into a discussion on "world class" or not, but I would say if he wasn't considered world class at that time then he wasn't that far off.

And Kane is getting up there and picking up injuries more frequently and he looks like his physical ability will fall off the cliff once it goes. He could soon have the pace of Lukaku! (But yeah he'd still have a better touch, even in a wheelchair...)

I just really don't want Kane. I don't like his move of undercutting opposition players who jump near him. It happens way too often to be an accident. And if the Glazers pony up for him that would just annoy me more that they think they can just throw money at a problem to get the fans to shut up.
Di Maria is not the best, Kane is one of the best. Sancho + Ndidi is like signing Di Maria + Schneiderlin.

Kane is the best striker in PL, most goals and most assists in PL this season so signing him is like RVP.

croadyman

I’d imagine any deal for Kane would likely include Martial and Lingard. That would bring the cost down significantly.
Yeah 100% certain that's the only way we would consider getting involved at all but we need to be sensible and focus on the three most important areas to address which are CB, CDM/CM & RW

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's poorly worded but I think it means that one of them will leave.
That's exactly it. Lyall was reporting something like that a while back, too, where he was talking about one of de Gea or Henderson leaving and a new keeper coming in to become the starter. I think that Sky are sort of rehashing that after de Gea was chosen to start ahead of Henderson.

Sea-Cow

Di Maria is not the best, Kane is one of the best. Sancho + Ndidi is like signing Di Maria + Schneiderlin.

Kane is the best striker in PL, most goals and most assists in PL this season so signing him is like RVP.
You might be right, and that is terrifying!

And how much did we have to spend on RVP? I honestly don't remember.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn’t be overly fussed with Henderson leaving, especially for what will likely be an extortionate fee. Aside from the fact he plays for us and came from our academy, he doesn’t look that special to me. Good young keeper, but I don’t see the potential to be amongst the very best personally.

That said, I’d also have no fuss if he stayed. I don’t think he’s that great, but he’s certainly serviceable and may likely improve.

Dong Fangzhuo

I wouldn’t be overly fussed with Henderson leaving, especially for what will likely be an extortionate fee. Aside from the fact he plays for us and came from our academy, he doesn’t look that special to me. Good young keeper, but I don’t see the potential to be amongst the very best personally.

That said, I’d also have no fuss if he stayed. I don’t think he’s that great, but he’s certainly serviceable and may likely improve.
Same here. I'm honestly not that fussed about which of them stays for next season. I'm 99% sure we'll have a new GK in by August 2022 either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.