Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thanks.

So, that should end the comparison then, in my opinion. Spurs will want 150M FFS, not 24M!
Money is irrelevant if you can afford it and win the league with one player you signed, we are talking about quality not money. You are either paying 150m on RVP quality or paying the same on Di Maria & Schneiderlin quality, your choice?

stampedingviking

Money is irrelevant if you can afford it and win the league with one player you signed, we are talking about quality not money. You are either paying 150m on RVP quality or paying the same on Di Maria & Schneiderlin quality, your choice?
Sancho is far better than Di Maria and Rice/Ndidi better than Schneiderlin. We would be a far better team with those two (and hopefully a CB) than just splurging on Kane. It's quantity and quality, not or.

jesperjaap

To be fair Sancho + Varane + Bissouma will cost more than Kane. Does those three players have shown evidence to tell us that they can convert our 0-0 league draws into 1-0 win? Not in my view thus, I call it less unproven.

I know Kane can, because that is his quality to convert minimum chances into goal.
That is a fair point, by the same token, are we really missing chances or not creating them so much in the box. Of course Kane will bring goals. With our current eleven, do you think the goals he brings within our side as opposed to those three players as an example bring more points though. As signing Kane we would still not have a centre back partnership of quality (look at how City have improved this season, finally having a decent defence and how liverpool havent missing two centre backs who would start), we would still have McFred, who arent awful but certainly dont inspire confidence from me at least as a pair defensively or offensively and we would still be reliant on Greenwood on the right, which isnt a bad thing but how many more chances and improvment in link up play would Sancho bring?

It is a chicken and the egg and matter of preference. Personally I feel unless we are to sell the like of some or all of Pogba, Martial, VDB for example that bring funds.....then with Cavani extending and Martial/Greenwood as back up, though the chance to sign somoene so good may not be there next season up front, I would rather improve three positions that one...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That is a fair point, by the same token, are we really missing chances or not creating them so much in the box. Of course Kane will bring goals. With our current eleven, do you think the goals he brings within our side as opposed to those three players as an example bring more points though. As signing Kane we would still not have a centre back partnership of quality (look at how City have improved this season, finally having a decent defence and how liverpool havent missing two centre backs who would start), we would still have McFred, who arent awful but certainly dont inspire confidence from me at least as a pair defensively or offensively and we would still be reliant on Greenwood on the right, which isnt a bad thing but how many more chances and improvment in link up play would Sancho bring?

It is a chicken and the egg and matter of preference. Personally I feel unless we are to sell the like of some or all of Pogba, Martial, VDB for example that bring funds.....then with Cavani extending and Martial/Greenwood as back up, though the chance to sign somoene so good may not be there next season up front, I would rather improve three positions that one...
City failed to win the league last season because they had so many loses (9) and only 3 draws, those loses due to leaking goals they conceded. Thus, it makes sense if they stick with the same style but improve their defense, it would fix their 9 loses problems, which they did by signing Dias. But you shouldn’t make the same case of what happened to us as United fails to win the league this season because they had too many draws, and majority those draws were 0-0 or 1-1.

May be if it’s champion league, we might need more than just Kane. However, for the league itself, we don’t need to win pretty to get 3 points, even 1-0 or 2-1 is enough for 3 points so that means based on this season, we can play ugly with McFred in midfield but still give you 3 points if you have Kane who is very clinical supported by Pogba & Bruno to score goals. He can convert minimum chances into goals.

If we sign Bissouma and Varane as per the poster suggested, how are they going to help us turning the 0-0 draws into 1-0 victory or help us to score 2 goals per game? Sancho could ‘’potentially‘’ help us but Kane is already a much more matured and proven in his quality than Sancho in EPL.

Signing Sancho and another one or two could save the problem and wins us the league but signing Kane will give us more chance than those three to solve our 11 draws this season in my opinion. And remember Cavani can’t play week in week out and Kane actually offers both goals and creating chances, he has the most assists this season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The president of Atlético de Madrid, [Enrique] Cerezo, speaking to El Larguero: "I think Luis Suarez is going to stay, but he is the one who chooses. I think he will fulfill his contract." He has until 2022.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Don't think we'll be getting Coman The Bavarian this summer or any for that matter.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There were rumours flying round last summer that a Griezmann + Felix swap could be on the cards eventually.

The United

City failed to win the league last season because they had so many loses (9) and only 3 draws, those loses due to leaking goals they conceded. Thus, it makes sense if they stick with the same style but improve their defense, it would fix their 9 loses problems, which they did by signing Dias. But you shouldn’t make the same case of what happened to us as United fails to win the league this season because they had too many draws, and majority those draws were 0-0 or 1-1.

May be if it’s champion league, we might need more than just Kane. However, for the league itself, we don’t need to win pretty to get 3 points, even 1-0 or 2-1 is enough for 3 points so that means based on this season, we can play ugly with McFred in midfield but still give you 3 points if you have Kane who is very clinical supported by Pogba & Bruno to score goals. He can convert minimum chances into goals.

If we sign Bissouma and Varane as per the poster suggested, how are they going to help us turning the 0-0 draws into 1-0 victory or help us to score 2 goals per game? Sancho could ‘’potentially‘’ help us but Kane is already a much more matured and proven in his quality than Sancho in EPL.

Signing Sancho and another one or two could save the problem and wins us the league but signing Kane will give us more chance than those three to solve our 11 draws this season in my opinion. And remember Cavani can’t play week in week out and Kane actually offers both goals and creating chances, he has the most assists this season.
You are forgetting that we have a super man CB. Once that CB is unavailable, we are seeing unpleasant stuff. Not to mentioned both FBs have been healthy and we don't even have a capable back up for the RB. We rode on a lot of luck. Those draws could have turned loses as well.

I don't disagree we need another top attacker to reinforce. But, we probably don't have enough funds so we have to get it right with mid - upper range players for this summer to address at least a couple of positions and hope they develop nicely. It might not be a good thing to blow all on a super star for one position only.

croadyman

How high quality?

You can't get as quality and as proven for years as Kane though. Kane will give us goals, goals will convert our 0-0 draws to winning goals. That's why I see the logic when the poster say if we have Kane this season, we would be winning league this season.
Are we actually willing to neglect our three key positions for yet another summer to sign him then is the big question

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are forgetting that we have a super man CB. Once that CB is unavailable, we are seeing unpleasant stuff. Not to mentioned both FBs have been healthy and we don't even have a capable back up for the RB. We rode on a lot of luck. Those draws could have turned loses as well.

I don't disagree we need another top attacker to reinforce. But, we probably don't have enough funds so we have to get it right with mid - upper range players for this summer to address at least a couple of positions and hope they develop nicely. It might not be a good thing to blow all on a super star for one position only.
I wouldn’t be worried about the right back backup. Trippier could easily be purchased on cheap.

The post was related to my point agreeing on an extra Kane in our squad would give us better chance this season in winning us the league than having three signings (RW, Midfield, CB).

The United

I wouldn’t be worried about the right back backup. Trippier could easily be purchased on cheap.

The post was related to my point agreeing on an extra Kane in our squad would give us better chance this season in winning us the league than having three signings (RW, Midfield, CB).
True.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are we actually willing to neglect our three key positions for yet another summer to sign him then is the big question
If it means bigger chance for us to win the league then I’m good with that. I’m just looking at perspective that Kane will give us more chance to turn those 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins than new RW, CB, midfield together.

Champagne Football

Kane will end up at City. Sancho to Chelsea. Ole will bring in a top central defender, and maybe one or two highly talented off-the-radar kids. That's my guess anyways

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I disagree. See what has happened to Liverpool without their main centre-back. United has been a shambles in defence since Maguire got injured. It was fortunate he remained fit almost all season. Goal scoring hasn't been our main issue this season.

A top centre-half, right-winger and a good midfielder would in my opinion serve the squad better and give us a better chance than spending the entirety of our budget chasing Kane.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Is this going back to what Lyall reported a while back (United are looking for a new keeper with Oblak as one target)? Is this why Sky's sticking to this narrative?
no, it’s that we won’t retain one of them, not that both will be sold.

imo De Gea is on the way out and it’s been clear for the last half of the season.

He was played today as a mark of respect to say good bye to old Trafford.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
no, it’s that we won’t retain one of them, not that both will be sold.

imo De Gea is on the way out and it’s been clear for the last half of the season.

He was played today as a mark of respect to say good bye to old Trafford.
That's what Lyall Thomas stated a while back; he was talking about how we'd let go of one of de Gea or Henderson to make way for a new keeper.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I disagree. See what has happened to Liverpool without their main centre-back. United has been a shambles in defence since Maguire got injured. It was fortunate he remained fit almost all season. Goal scoring hasn't been our main issue this season.

A top centre-half, right-winger and a good midfielder would in my opinion serve the squad better and give us a better chance than spending the entirety of our budget chasing Kane.
Agreed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Every long term injury on main player will make any squad weakened and it means reduce the chance of winning the league to very slim one even if we sign those three positions. But we are not talking about which one is better option in general, we are talking about who would give us better chance to win us the league, and Kane would give us better chance to win the league than those three signings as Cavani is likely to be unfit every week than Maguire gets long term injury.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Precisely . I don't know how people are missing this. Signing Kane to this squad isn't ensuring a title. Infact it won't even ensure a title challenge with this defence and the existing right side options. A CB and a Right winger has to be the priority.

jesperjaap

Fair points but do you genuinely believe world class or not, we are just one player away from winning the league next season as I cant see it personally

RkkMan

Kane will end up at City. Sancho to Chelsea. Ole will bring in a top central defender, and maybe one or two highly talented off-the-radar kids. That's my guess anyways
And you're making this wild guess based off what exactly? Something factual or an incredibly massive mental gymnastic thought?

YzWayne

May I know when exactly is the transfer window going to be open? With the covid-19 disruption, are there any changes to the window duration as well?

Champagne Football

And you're making this wild guess based off what exactly? Something factual or an incredibly massive mental gymnastic thought?
Just common sense. It just doesn't add up to sign him unless you're a transfer muppet who thinks we're gonna spend 400 million on Kane, Grealish and Sancho. Greenwood has been decent on the right. Signing Sancho would stunt his progress. Diallo and Pelistri will continue to develop, with a view to be ready to fight for a first XI spot in 18 months.

It's not a priority position needing urgent investment, unlike central defense and central midfield.

RkkMan

Just common sense. It just doesn't add up to sign him unless you're a transfer muppet who thinks we're gonna spend 400 million on Kane, Grealish and Sancho. Greenwood has been decent on the right. Signing Sancho would stunt his progress. Diallo and Pelistri will continue to develop, with a view to be ready to fight for a first XI spot in 18 months.

It's not a priority position needing urgent investment, unlike central defense and central midfield.
Going by your logic we wouldn't be signing a CB after Bailly's new contract but we're still heavily after a reinforcement there with every reliable source retariating this. Amad and Pellistri's presence means little the latter will be loaned again and the former at best will be a squad player next season. Greenwood had a breakthrough year with 17 goals in the RW and we still went after Sancho with the plan being to move him into the No9 position which is why Cavani is staying another year to mentor him. We still lack a RW and we're still being linked with him by every reliable source/paper. His reduced fee means we can still get a CB. In midfield it'll likely be a cheaper option as we've not been reliably linked with an array of DMs bar Rice who West Ham won't sell
Chelsea are also after an expensive No9 and a CB they have a lot of wide players don't think they can add Sancho for big money with all their wingers on top of their priorities

Champagne Football

Going by your logic we wouldn't be signing a CB after Bailly's new contract but we're still heavily after a reinforcement there with every reliable source retariating this. Amad and Pellistri's presence means little the latter will be loaned again and the former at best will be a squad player next season. Greenwood had a breakthrough year with 17 goals in the RW and we still went after Sancho with the plan being to move him into the No9 position which is why Cavani is staying another year to mentor him. We still lack a RW and we're still being linked with him by every reliable source/paper. His reduced fee means we can still get a CB. In midfield it'll likely be a cheaper option as we've not been reliably linked with an array of DMs bar Rice who West Ham won't sell
Chelsea are also after an expensive No9 and a CB they have a lot of wide players don't think they can add Sancho for big money with all their wingers on top of their priorities
If you're going to get into a debate with someone, then at least make sure you have a valid point before responding, and not some garbage opinion that has nothing to do with the argument.

It's clear we need a CB as a priority. We simply can't go another season without a top CB. Lindelof has cost us in important games. Bailey will only ever be a squad player.

Christian Falk who is usually not bad when it comes to German Transfers is saying Chelsea will rival Liverpool for Sancho. https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2...chelsea-liverpool-interested-in-jadon-sancho/

We simply will not buy Sancho for 3 reasons.
1. We spent what could rise to 50 million in the last summer window, buying 2 kids who will be developed to hopefully one day, within 18 months, be expected to fight for the RW spot.
2. Greenwood is playing well there and will need to continue developing there before perhaps eventually focusing on becoming a center forward.
3. We will not waste money investing in a RW spot, when there are other areas of the squad that need more attention such as central defense and central midfield. I think if we're bringing anyone in to challenge for the RW spot, it will be a loan signing only such as Bale for example.

RkkMan

If you're going to get into a debate with someone, then at least make sure you have a valid point before responding, and not some garbage opinion that has nothing to do with the argument.

It's clear we need a CB as a priority. We simply can't go another season without a top CB. Lindelof has cost us in important games. Bailey will only ever be a squad player.

Christian Falk who is usually not bad when it comes to German Transfers is saying Chelsea will rival Liverpool for Sancho. https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2...chelsea-liverpool-interested-in-jadon-sancho/

1. We spent what could rise to 50 million in the last summer window, buying 2 kids who will be developed to hopefully one day, within 18 months, be expected to fight for the RW spot.
2. Greenwood is playing well there and will need to continue developing there before perhaps eventually focusing on becoming a center forward.
3. We will not waste money investing in a RW spot, when there are other areas of the squad that need more attention such as central defense and central midfield. I think if we're bringing anyone in to challenge for the RW spot, it will be a loan signing only such as Bale for example.
And if you're going to post sources then you'll know Falk(who is usually only reliable with Bayern news but hit miss with the rest) alongside Melissa Reddy a Liverpool correspondent both said Liverpool's interest will only be furthered if they sell Salah/Mane and there's next to no market for a 29yr old winger who will cost big money. None of Chelsea's closest people have talked about Sancho at all and BTW the same Falk(who said Chelsea are after Salah)said we're not after Sancho because of Bellingham so his apparent change of tone is not one to take as the gospel
1. Again the 2 kids don't affect much Pellistri(who can also play LW) will be loaned again and Amad will continue to be integrated into the team slowly otherwise we wouldn't bother going after Sancho last year after Greenwood's breakthrough season by now there would be talk of a move for him shelved like how we've shelved a ST signing due to Cavani
2. Greenwood may be playing well there but every man and his dog knows RW is not his best position long term and he's being groomed to play there. Cavani at 34 won't play every game and Martial will either be sold or fall down the pecking order even more
3. We rejected Bale last year as a loan signing due to his wages and injury history that ship sailed. Our "loan signing" was Cavani who's been a decent stop gap but won't play every game leaving Rashford and Greenwood as our only good attackers. If we were seriously after a midfielder why is there next to no talk of any? Bar Rice who won't leave West Ham it's only been this Arambarri fella which suggests a midfield purchase will be a cheap option not big Money

theklr

Christian Falk just a week ago or so said we werent interested in Sancho anymore because we wanted Bellingham, when literally 99% of all other german news/journalist said we are absolutely interested.

Chelsea is looking at a ST and CB according to most sources, and have enough wide forwards.

Liverpool does not have the money unless they sell Salah and Mane for somewhat similar amount, which *might* happen, but still very unlikely.

Im not saying 100% will happen, but the amount of both german and english sources saying we are quite interested are to many to ignore.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Central Midfield?! How many central midfielders do you want?!

Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes, VDB, Matic,

Arguable Central Midfield (and we're talking players who can play in the central midfield area) is the most stacked area of the squad, if you're talking DM, then yes we need a DM, but CM is far from being an area that needs immediate investment compared to RM, CB and ST. (Yes we need a ST we can't rely on Cavani)

But we don't have any RM and CB, they are far more urgent than CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.