Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Weren't there stories at the end of the season about a number of City players being unhappy about game time? Perhaps these lads have already told Pep they are keen to move on.
Laporte's the only one who's known to have been unhappy about his lack of match time. Bernardo Silva's interesting in that he's been linked to other clubs a bunch, but he himself hasn't really been reported to be unhappy about a lack of match time.

The other players have gotten enough matches to not necessarily be unhappy even if they may not be key players for City at this time.

Santos J

Laporte's the only one who's known to have been unhappy about his lack of match time. Bernardo Silva's interesting in that he's been linked to other clubs a bunch, but he himself hasn't really been reported to be unhappy about a lack of match time.

The other players have gotten enough matches to not necessarily be unhappy even if they may not be key players for City at this time.
Nah there's been a fair bit of talk of both Mahrez & Sterling being unhappy/potentially leaving.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Nah there's been a fair bit of talk of both Mahrez & Sterling being unhappy/potentially leaving.
They've been topics of discussion in the media, but I don't think I've seen anything from more reliable sources about either Mahrez or Sterling wanting to leave. Matt Law reported on Sterling wanting to hold talks with City about his future and not be made to leave the club as part of other deals, whilst Mahrez himself hasn't stated any desire to leave. Once again, that's City possibly wanting to let him go as part of other deals (according to Sam Lee).

The only ones who I can see wanting to leave are Laporte (based on what Mundo Deportivo journalist Dani Gil reported a while back) and maybe Bernardo Silva (given the constant links to other clubs).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Spending that on Torres after all these tasty links to Varane would be very us.
Interestingly, despite the release clause, Villarreal are okay with taking less cash up front if a player can be included in the deal. We've already talked about potentially including Bailly in a future transfer offer, so this may be possible here...

GBBQ

They've been topics of discussion in the media, but I don't think I've seen anything from more reliable sources about either Mahrez or Sterling wanting to leave. Matt Law reported on Sterling wanting to hold talks with City about his future and not be made to leave the club as part of other deals, whilst Mahrez himself hasn't stated any desire to leave. Once again, that's City possibly wanting to let him go as part of other deals (according to Sam Lee).

The only ones who I can see wanting to leave are Laporte (based on what Mundo Deportivo journalist Dani Gil reported a while back) and maybe Bernardo Silva (given the constant links to other clubs).
Some of them might want a change but would they really be willing to leave City and join Spurs. Given the shit show of a managerial appointment and the fact they'd be going as part of a deal to include the club captain and by far the best player. Surely most of the players mentioned wouldn't want to take a chance on a project as unclear as Spurs seems to be at the moment.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Some of them might want a change but would they really be willing to leave City and join Spurs. Given the shit show of a managerial appointment and the fact they'd be going as part of a deal to include the club captain and by far the best player. Surely most of the players mentioned wouldn't want to take a chance on a project as unclear as Spurs seems to be at the moment.
That depends on who they appoint. Levy wants a more proactive, attacking manager to come in and take over Spurs, so if, say, someone like Erik ten Hag comes in, then I can see players wanting to move to Spurs and play under him.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Interestingly, despite the release clause, Villarreal are okay with taking less cash up front if a player can be included in the deal. We've already talked about potentially including Bailly in a future transfer offer, so this may be possible here...
Sending Bailly the other way would be smart business, I think that should knock off around £15-£20 million from the transfer fee.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well since we don’t need 2 Lindelofs let’s include him, the Spanish game would suit him more

golden_blunder

Staff
That depends on who they appoint. Levy wants a more proactive, attacking manager to come in and take over Spurs, so if, say, someone like Erik ten Hag comes in, then I can see players wanting to move to Spurs and play under him.
No evidence of a proactive attacking manager from their interviews so far

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well since we don’t need 2 Lindelofs let’s include him, the Spanish game would suit him more
There have been 0 links to Lindelöf, even from not-so-reliable Spanish sources. Bailly, however, has been linked with a move out of United by one Spanish source a while back.

No matter how much we wish for him to leave, I feel that Lindelöf will remain in United for a few seasons. As of now, he's not unhappy to be at United, and United aren't keen on selling him.

golden_blunder

Staff
There have been 0 links to Lindelöf, even from not-so-reliable Spanish sources. Bailly, however, has been linked with a move out of United by one Spanish source a while back.

No matter how much we wish for him to leave, I feel that Lindelöf will remain in United for a few seasons. As of now, he's not unhappy to be at United, and United aren't keen on selling him.
IF we are to buy Torres I see no logic in having 2 carbon copies of each other

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
From what I've seen, they aren't carbon copies. People seem to generalise Pau Torres as a Lindelöf clone just because he doesn't appear bulky and doesn't sprint super fast. He's better in the air, and he's less prone to errors, particularly from crosses into the box. I've seen people say similar things about Milenkovic despite him being actually quick.

8thWonder

Spending that on Torres after all these tasty links to Varane would be very us.
Disagree, what seems more like us is to be fixated on Varane all summer for him to just sign a new contract with Real and then panic buy at the end...

It's a difficult line isn't it, if Varane is giving us the eyes then of course we're interested but there's a good chance he's angling for a better contract or a move to PSG for example and we won't find that out until much further down the line.

I'm obviously in the minority here but I really like the look of Torres and would be delighted if we were decisive, get him in fairly soon and then move on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
.If we can't get Varane then I wouldn't mind seeing us sign Milenkovic from Fiorentina for around £15m if reports are to be believed. It's also been confirmed by ex Fiorentina Sporting director (Corvino) that United had a €40m bid turned down in 2019. What the young Serbian has can't be easily taught, and what he lacks can easily be rectified on the training ground. He's quick and aerially dominant which could potentially allow us to throw more players forward in a higher back line with Milenkovic controlling the wide space solo.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Are you sure they are, though?

Pau Torres is quicker, taller and more agile than Lindelof. He is also better on the ball. Aside from their apperance, I dont think they are that similar. I think a few statistics/metrics combined with their appearance could pull a trick on us.

Yes, both of them is quite "passive". But that could have been said of Rio and VvD too. I know quite a few think he is weak in the air (due to the stats), but I've never seen it be an issue for him. Have you? Even in the last game against a very physical side and striker like Lewandowski, he never had any issues in the air or relating to the physical side of the game.

I've seen quite a bit from Pau Torres now, and I've yet to see him be poor or make a big mistake. That is quite a good "trait" for a CB. I cant say the same for Varane (but I've also seen him more).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: El Desmarque

En-Nesyri's agent Anass Ouzifi on listening to other teams' offers:
We don’t want to listen to any offers. There are three teams from England, but he doesn’t want to leave. We don’t want to talk about this because En-Nesyri doesn’t want to leave Sevilla, and he’s staying in Sevilla this year.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Kevin Gameiro negotiates with Marseille. Discussions focus on a possible 2-season contract. The player is free and would see himself finally joining Marseille with whom he has discussed several times in his career.

Jibbs

Some more info on the Kane transfer:

So he's basically going to cost as much as Haaland would this summer if he's to move out of Tottenham. Let's see how much pressure Kane can put on Levy to influence a transfer.
I am just glad United is not in the picture. I have that RVP type feeling from Kane. Would be great for one season and than totally fizzle out along with 150 million.
Let Levy destroy his career.

Last edited:

Jibbs

"El Confidencial" - now there is a proper name for a source.
I think I would actually would prefer Torres over Varane. He would come without much fanfare, wouldn't disturb the wage bill and won't become part of any lobby. He is young, very refined and suits our requirements of a left footed ball playing CB.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I am just glad United is not in the picture. I have that RVP type feeling from Kane. Would be great for one season and than totally fizzle out along with 150 million.
Let Levy destroy his career
Same here, City absorbed with Kane gives United time to lure Haaland or Grealish next year.

One thing for sure, Levy will milk that cow dry and then drink blood from it's skull and thankfully United won't have to engage with Spurs for a very long time.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

FC Midtjylland selling Frank Onyeka to Brentford. He just has to pass his medical in Copenhagen first.
Interesting one this as it's the first major transfer between the two "sister clubs" with Matthew Benham owning Brentford and also the major shareholder/owner (75%) at Midtjylland. Could definitely be a route Brentford use more often, if we stay in the Premier League. May help in terms of getting players that new immigration rules post-Brexit may be out of reach of British clubs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Norwich City are hopeful about signing Billy Gilmour on loan from Chelsea, but they face some Premier League competition.
    • Wolves are one of the clubs.
  • Norwich have lost Skipp (back to Spurs) as well as Tettey (joined Rosenborg as a free agent) and Vrancic (free agent), which is why they're keen on Gilmour.

Last edited:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Well, this came out of nowhere.

Could be a really exciting transfer for Norwich and a 40m transfer in 1 or 2 seaons. The fee (9,4pounds) is nothing for a PL club.

He has all the talent, struggled with injuries last season and wanted to leave the club anyway last season (very close to Leipzig) and we/Werder had an horrible season too.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah Rashica looks like a smart buy for that price.

This is why I think selling Buendia was a good move for Norwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.