Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

He will add depth to their left wing back position. This might also mean that Gosens could be on his way out sooner than later.

UTD_Since_1978

That was fast. I'd be bummed out if Spurs could get him. He'd make them so, so much better.
From what little I have seen of him, I would love him at UTD but I don't think we are in for him, he looks like he could have the same impact as Diaz has had at City the season just gone.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • The fee to seal the deal: 40-45 million Euros + 10 million Euros in bonuses
  • Contract: 5+1 years
  • No significant barriers to the transfer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

So Rice would be happy to go to either Chelsea (Simon Johnson) or United (Luckhurst). It's now up to either club to make a move, and as of now, neither club has really acted upon trying to sign Rice.

croadyman

Think we need something on a midfielder to take some focus away from the Varane saga and Jadon announcement delay

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Suddenly signing Varane (maybe) and Sancho but losing Pogba doesn’t look too great. Two steps forward, one backwards. Hard to compete when it’s like that.

theklr

Suddenly signing Varane (maybe) and Sancho but losing Pogba doesn’t look too great. Two steps forward, one backwards. Hard to compete when it’s like that.
That depends massivly on if we manage to sell him and spend the money on a replacement that suits the team better. If we can it might even bring us abit more forward.

edcunited1878

Those two players make the squad significantly better with and without Pogba. The talent level of the club without Pogba goes down, but how it functions increases with just the addition (potentially) of Varane and Sancho.

RUCK4444

I’ve felt that way as well. We should retain our best players and build on it, fixing one problem and creating another isn’t ideal.

Of course we have to try and sell if he’s determined to not renew, I was just hoping we would get him to renew and continue building.

Knightmare7

I’ve felt that way as well. We should retain our best players and build on it, fixing one problem and creating another isn’t ideal.

Of course we have to try and sell if he’s determined to not renew, I was just hoping we would get him to renew and continue building.
Im not sure what this means. Every year more problems show up for every team. United is fixing their depth, RW, and CB issues already and their sole issue MIGHT be making 50 million as sellers

RUCK4444

Im not sure what this means. Every year more problems show up for every team. United is fixing their depth, RW, and CB issues already and their sole issue MIGHT be making 50 million as sellers
It’s not the sole issue. And selling a player is not good unless you replace them with an improvement, we won’t imo.

So whilst we are improving other areas this does somewhat take the shine off this transfer window, losing one of your best players is never a good thing.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Certainly not true at all. There’s no place for Pogba in the starting 11 anymore and he was forcefully played at LW which is not the position meant for him in the long run. The team performs better without him and the few games that he did have an impact, won’t be needed as much anymore, now that we have more options in place of him.
Rashford will be back from his injury, Sancho can play LW too and so can Martial & James if needed. And let’s not even get into the debate of him playing in the midfield. As bad as Mcfred were, he couldn’t even displace one of them to play in the midfield positions.

Add to that the fact that his contract is ending soon, wouldn’t you rather cash in on him now and reinvest the money? Specially in covid times when every quid matters. Otherwise we’ll have 50m less to spend over the course of the next year while also paying him a few million more until he leaves next summer. A few million which might be worth more then their value if he doesn’t even end up performing or gets injured again, both of which are entirely possible scenarios.

End of the day, Pogba’s situation has nothing to do with other signings being made or not. In my view he should’ve been sold last summer and just signed Sancho a year earlier. Sancho could’ve played LW instead of Pogba. I would’ve even given some of Pogba’s minutes to Donny as well.

We as a club need to move on from him and his baggage. It’s high time. You mention taking a step back as if we’re getting rid of a very vital player in our starting 11 whose a major influencer. Pogba isn’t even part of the back bone of the starting 11, let alone a guaranteed starter in any other positions.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We’re allegedly after another CB, (alongside Varane) a RB and a midfielder & that’s before Pogba news

So now effectively we need

Sancho

Varane

CB
RB
2 x Midfielders

Gonna be a long transfer window!

Josep Dowling

Pogba has one year left on his contract and no doubt Mino is causing issues on us giving him a new one. I suspect they want a crazy amount of money, knowing he can get a large signing fee next season. I’d say cash in. He’s caused nothing but problems since he’s been here, on and off the pitch imo. I will be delighted to see him gone and think our midfield will be a lot more balanced once he’s left, provided he’s properly replaced.

theklr

He has not stayed to train with the rest

Hospital Medical and home examination

Josh 76

Certainly not true at all. There’s no place for Pogba in the starting 11 anymore and he was forcefully played at LW which is not the position meant for him in the long run. The team performs better without him and the few games that he did have an impact, won’t be needed as much anymore, now that we have more options in place of him.
Rashford will be back from his injury, Sancho can play LW too and so can Martial & James if needed. And let’s not even get into the debate of him playing in the midfield. As bad as Mcfred were, he couldn’t even displace one of them to play in the midfield positions.

Add to that the fact that his contract is ending soon, wouldn’t you rather cash in on him now and reinvest the money? Specially in covid times when every quid matters. Otherwise we’ll have 50m less to spend over the course of the next year while also paying him a few million more until he leaves next summer. A few million which might be worth more then their value if he doesn’t even end up performing or gets injured again, both of which are entirely possible scenarios.

End of the day, Pogba’s situation has nothing to do with other signings being made or not. In my view he should’ve been sold last summer and just signed Sancho a year earlier. Sancho could’ve played LW instead of Pogba. I would’ve even given some of Pogba’s minutes to Donny as well.

We as a club need to move on from him and his baggage. It’s high time. You mention taking a step back as if we’re getting rid of a very vital player in our starting 11 whose a major influencer. Pogba isn’t even part of the back bone of the starting 11, let alone a guaranteed starter in any other positions.
Great post

GBBQ

We’re allegedly after another CB, (alongside Varane) a RB and a midfielder & that’s before Pogba news

So now effectively we need

Sancho

Varane

CB
RB
2 x Midfielders

Gonna be a long transfer window!
Even if Pogba leaves I don't see us buying two first team central midfielders this summer. I just don't think we'd want to be bedding in so many first teamers and it probably makes more sense to give VDB a shot in the hope he'll come good.

8thWonder

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall Romano saying a couple of weeks ago that if Varane has to return to training with Madrid before a deal is struck then the player will be turned off of a move
I think he said something along the lines of Madrid hope he returns and if he doesn't go this summer they remain hopeful they can persuade him to sign the offered contract throughout the year. Basically saying, Real aren't stressing too much about having to sell him this summer for money..

Status
Not open for further replies.