Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Much rather he go somewhere where he will get regular game time. He won’t displace Konsa or Mings.
Same, Newcastle are a worse team but his chances of playing regular football would be much higher. It won't do well for our prospects for selling him if he spends a season on the bench at Villa after spending a season on the bench at United.

Dazzmondo

I probably would have preferred he make the move to Newcastle since I think he would have been firmly 1st choice there. Still, I know he loved his time at Villa and the fans really like him, so it's a good chance for him. I still think he could break his way into the 1st team, Villa's defence is very overrated imo, their cb pairing isn't that strong. Good make or break chance for Axel to prove himself in any case.

CM10

The Newcastle move would've made more sense but better he goes to Villa than stay here. Even if he's not automatic first choice there's more minutes for Tuanzebe there than at United.

Withnail

I'd say so yes, but obviously not ahead of Maguire or Varane, and the case for him being an upgrade on Lindelof isn't strong enough to have warranted the major investment acquiring him would have required. But he sure as hell is a much better CB than Axel Tuanzebe.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Mings being good enough for United but I think my point still stands: If he can't get into the Villa team he'll never get into the United team so it's a good test.

JB7

International teams have to make do and sometimes managers make odd decisions.

Is Mings good enough for United?
Never in a million years. Dreadful player. Konsa spends 85 minutes a game wiping his arse for him to make him look competent.

TMS

Whitwell reporting that he's been signed as cover for CB & RB isn't a promising sign, but the fact Axel backs himself to earn a starting spot is a good sign for his mentality going into the season. If he can establish himself there we may finally get the Tuanzebe many have been waiting for when he returns.

8thWonder

Great that he's signing a new contract, but he won't be getting regular time at Villa.
He'll get plenty of game time as a 3rd choice centre back or a right back imo.

If he can't displace Mings he's got not future at United United anyway.
Dean Smith would be a little mad if he displaces a centre back they own with a centre back you have loaned for a year, unless, they feel they can buy him next summer if he impresses?

The loan for Villa is either for cover or with a view to buying him as he's obviously played there before and they know about his quality. If it's the latter then hopefully he'll establish himself as first choice and gets good game time.

Ideally though for me, he has a great year and we bring him back here for cover.

Pavl3n

Great move for Axel. I think he'll get enough minutes as a cover, as suggested.
But then the competition for a starting spot is not that strong and that's his opportunity to show whether he has what it takes or not. It's familiar environment for him, so that would only be in his plus. That would also allow us to have a fair assessment of where he stands in his development. I think it's a win-win situation for all parties involved.

Either way, getting minutes on regular occasion compared to sitting on our bench would also prevent his price plummeting down. Unless he has a shocker of course - hopefully not.

Blood Mage

He'll never make it at United IMO. Presumably we think we can sell him for a decent fee if he does well on loan. I do hope we don't give him ridiculous wages that make him impossible to shift though.

Bekkalokk

RE Tuanzebe: Why are people afraid of his playing time? If he's a future United-player, the least he should have to do is break in to the Villa-team and be one of their best players.

8thWonder

Is that right? Good try Axel lad but Blood Mage from the Cafe says you arent good enough.
Surely it's obvious that a lad who's quite clearly a very talented player and who has captained every age group at United should be binned off ASAP?!

Of course it's too early to write him off but maybe being a bit harsh on Blood Mage to be fair because he definitely has an uphill battle to break the Maguire/Varane duo.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Surely it's obvious that a lad who's quite clearly a very talented player and who has captained every age group at United should be binned off ASAP?!

Of course it's too early to write him off but maybe being a bit harsh on Blood Mage to be fair because he definitely has an uphill battle to break the Maguire/Varane duo.
This is what loans are for. He obviously has the tools just not the nous or the confidence. He should have stayed at Villa for another year last season. I personally hate when fans think young players arent good enough or done without giving it some thought

yamo123x

Looks like Grealish is City bound now, think we missed a massive trick here, ideal player for us especially if pogba leaves as expected.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, I wasn't expecting this.
  • Juventus value Danilo at 30 million Euros.
    • Fee too much for Bayern Munich at this time
  • Danilo's net salary (after taxes): 4.5 million Euros per year

Blood Mage

Is that right? Good try Axel lad but Blood Mage from the Cafe says you arent good enough.
It's just my opinion. If I'm wrong then I'll be delighted as I want him to make it, but he can't stop getting injured.

Blood Mage

His talent isn't in question, it's his injury record. I've seen enough crocks over the years at United to recognise one when I see one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the Koundé transfer situation from Steinberg:
  • Recap: release clause amount of €80m (£68m)
  • Chelsea's 1st offer: €35m + Zouma
  • Sevilla wanted more money as they didn't agree with Zouma's £30m valuation.
  • Sevilla demand at least €60m for Koundé.
  • Chelsea need to sell a CB before buying Koundé.
  • Chelsea are offering one of Kenedy or Emerson Palmieri as part of future offers for Koundé.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atlético de Madrid has several profiles, of different levels, for the attack. Not just Griezmann. And also Rafa Mir, another option on the table. There is more. But it takes time and follows the waves of the market like how Suarez arrived. The club works looking for the best.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I really wasn't expecting this. Kucka's going to be an annoying player to face for many Premier League teams. He's a non-stop runner who's always buzzing around in the final third.

ShoePolish

Well, I wasn't expecting this.
  • Juventus value Danilo at 30 million Euros.
    • Fee too much for Bayern Munich at this time
  • Danilo's net salary (after taxes): 4.5 million Euros per year
One of those players that you won't believe the clubs he's played for in a couple of years. Seems to always be avaiable for transfer, and always moves to another major club. His CV already is impressive, nevermind if he joined Bayern.

manuchamp88

I'll just post this here so that people are informed about this new La Liga deal with CVC partners.

Least subtle show of corruption ever. To think Barça once didn't even want a sponsor to now getting La Liga to sort out their mess. If anyone believes it's not to pay for Messi, I've a timeshare with a sea view in Birmingham to sell you. Shameless club, shameless league, desperate to hold onto their ageing, so-called god at the expense of other players at Barça.

Status
Not open for further replies.