Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

RE Tuanzebe: Why are people afraid of his playing time? If he's a future United-player, the least he should have to do is break in to the Villa-team and be one of their best players.
The worry is that he's attempting to disrupt a settled CB rotation that did well for them last season. And he's a loan player. It's not like Mings and Konsa were terrible, they were good. It'd be better for him to be sure of his minutes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Least subtle show of corruption ever. To think Barça once didn't even want a sponsor to now getting La Liga to sort out their mess. If anyone believes it's not to pay for Messi, I've a timeshare with a sea view in Birmingham to sell you. Shameless club, shameless league, desperate to hold onto their ageing, so-called god at the expense of other players at Barça.
Even if they used this to pay for Messi, they'd still have to make more room for their new free-agent signings in Memphis, Agüero, Emerson Royal, and Eric García. With some of their sales, they've made a bit of room, but they've actually yet to make enough room for both Memphis and Agüero.

Borussia Teeth

If he can't displace Mings he's got not future at United United anyway.
Even if he's better than Mings, it's unlikely that Villa's manager would choose to start/develope him over their signed on players. This is bad loan imo. Axel needs games; a full season of games. Even a championship club would be better than sitting on Villa's bench.

Withnail

Even if he's better than Mings, it's unlikely that Villa's manager would choose to start/develope him over their signed on players. This is bad loan imo. Axel needs games; a full season of games. Even a championship club would be better than sitting on Villa's bench.
With that logic why would anyone ever go on a loan?

Borussia Teeth

With that logic why would anyone ever go on a loan?
Obviously some loans vary. I just feel Villa have a settled cb partnership and Dean Smith won't want to break that to develop a player that isn't his.

The opposite would the Lingard example where he's one of their best players and walks straight into the team. Unfortunately I don't think this will be the case with Axel.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Lukaku to Chelsea is likely to happen this summer.

EDIT: Additional info for clarification

Last edited:

Dazzmondo

Obviously some loans vary. I just feel Villa have a settled cb partnership and Dean Smith won't want to break that to develop a player that isn't his.

The opposite would the Lingard example where he's one of their best players and walks straight into the team. Unfortunately I don't think this will be the case with Axel.
Tbf would people have said Lingard would be one of West Ham's best players prior to signing? Seems very much like hindsight to me. I think most assumed he would be a starter, but I think most would be lying if they were to say they expected him to have the impact he had.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Atalanta are hoping to get 40 million Euros + bonuses from a potential Duván Zapata sale to be used in purchasing a new striker (possibly Abraham).

Bekkalokk

For him to disrupt Maguire and Varane would take a lot more. Konsa and Mings should be the least of his worries should he wish to succeed as a United-player. We have way to much love for our academy products and need to hold them to higher standards.

roseguy64

Tbf would people have said Lingard would be one of West Ham's best players prior to signing? Seems very much like hindsight to me. I think most assumed he would be a starter, but I think most would be lying if they were to say they expected him to have the impact he had.
Yes people would have said that. He used to be a regular starter for a better club than West Ham and was a regular in the England team. He just lost his way and needed a new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.