Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is he in to replace Saul?
He might take his place in the squad, but he'll play a more attacking role than Saúl. I can see him playing as a right-sided midfielder or even as an attacking midfielder behind a striker. I doubt we'd see him as part of a midfield 2 unless Atlético play a back 3, and even then, that's a stretch.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My favourite non-United player. I'll never understand why United never purchased him and Mahrez when we had such obvious glaring needs for exactly the same type of players.

Absolute incompetence!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
My favourite non-United player. I'll never understand why United never purchased him and Mahrez when we had such obvious glaring needs for exactly the same type of players.

Absolute incompetence!
Because their clubs will have already been doing the groundwork with the player and club for ages, while we sit there on our hands. Then put on a show by contacting the clubs when it is too late just to prove to the fans that we did try.

Sultan

Because their clubs will have already been doing the groundwork with the player and club for ages, while we sit there on our hands. Then put on a show by contacting the clubs when it is too late just to prove to the fans that we did try.
We paid more for Fred. :rolleyes:

UTD_Since_1978

Can't post media but pic of Tuchel & Thiago Silva celebrating Chelsea's win
It is interesting to see that those 2 were at mega rich PSG with PSG forking out about £250m on just two players (Mbappe & Neymar) & couldn't win the UCL, they (Tuchel & Thiago Silva) join an EPL club & instantly win the UCL...hmmm...are you watching Mbappe & Neymar?

TheReligion

Abusive

Absolute incompetence!
I totally get what you're saying Sults and our recruitment has been utter scattergun in recent times.

What I will say though, and it's the same for both City and Chelsea, they simply have the money to keep buying players when things don't work out whilst we have to cycle them, move them on and start again. City have done it repeatedly with their back 5, Chelsea have a number of expensive flops in that midfield area (Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc) still being paid by the club yet they can still go out any pay £75m on Havertz and spend over 200m in one window.

Whilst United do have and spend money we have to generally stick with players much longer to hope they come good before moving them on and then replacing them. Obviously this takes time and we struggle in this period. Chelsea are able to just farm out Zapacosta, Emerson, Moses and drop £50m on Chilwell..

Eventually with this model you get it right.

Judas

Open to offers
It's always going to take teams without a bottomless pit of cash longer to get it right, look at bloody Liverpool. It took them decades because every purchase counts, every spend matters. We can't be compared to how City and Chelsea do business, it's simply not how we can afford to operate.

theklr

It's always going to take teams without a bottomless pit of cash longer to get it right, look at bloody Liverpool. It took them decades because every purchase counts, every spend matters. We can't be compared to how City and Chelsea do business, it's simply not how we can afford to operate.
We can , or at least get very close, its just the Glazers that are/did stop us

UTD_Since_1978

We can , or at least get very close, its just the Glazers that are/did stop us
Yeah, we've gone from being one of the richest clubs in world football for the past 30 years or so to can't afford this, can't afford that.

Sultan

I totally get what you're saying Sults and our recruitment has been utter scattergun in recent times.

What I will say though, and it's the same for both City and Chelsea, they simply have the money to keep buying players when things don't work out whilst we have to cycle them, move them on and start again. City have done it repeatedly with their back 5, Chelsea have a number of expensive flops in that midfield area (Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc) still being paid by the club yet they can still go out any pay £75m on Havertz and spend over 200m in one window.

Whilst United do have and spend money we have to generally stick with players much longer to hope they come good before moving them on and then replacing them. Obviously this takes time and we struggle in this period. Chelsea are able to just farm out Zapacosta, Emerson, Moses and drop £50m on Chilwell..

Eventually with this model you get it right.
It was such easy recruitment. Both proven players in the Premiership and helped Leicester win the league. You don't need to be a professional scout to work out what was lacking at United and they were simply just perfect.

We amateurs on the Caf were even sure they were the right players for the squad at the time. Tells us a lot about our recruitment policy or personnel.

TheReligion

Abusive
It was such easy recruitment. Both proven players in the Premiership and helped Leicester win the league. You don't need to be a professional scout to work out what was lacking at United and they were simply just perfect.

We amateurs on the Caf were even sure they were the right players for the squad at the time. Tells us a lot about our recruitment policy or personnel.
I don't disagree, just saying that when we go for a player we have to get it right with very little wriggle room whilst City and Chelsea can be more liberal.

Kante not the best example but you get my drift

Adnan

Talent Spotter

It wasn't as easy as you're making it sound. Kante himself has said that United tried to sign him but after speaking to both Mourinho and Conte, he made the decision to sign for Chelsea.

Sultan

It wasn't as easy as you're making it sound. Kante himself has said that United tried to sign him but after speaking to both Mourinho and Conte, he made the decision to sign for Chelsea.
Kante is hardly going to say otherwise. I have it on solid authority he would have jumped at the chance and so would have Mahrez to play for United. I'm no ITK, just know people who knew them personally from their time at Leicester due to their links with the local Muslim community.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kante is hardly going to say otherwise. I have it on solid authority he would have jumped at the chance and so would have Mahrez to play for United. I'm no ITK, just know people who knew them personally from their time at Leicester due to their links with the local Muslim community.
if Kante would've jumped at the chance to join us, then why did he turn us down after speaking to Mourinho?. Kante had no reason to make it public that he had spoken to Mourinho.

TheReligion

Abusive
if Kante would've jumped at the chance to join us, then why did he turn us down after speaking to Mourinho?. Kante had no reason to make it public that he had spoken to Mourinho.
None of us know what went on, if anything, but think it's naive to suggest he wouldn't have been interested in United.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Because he had already said 'yes' to Conte and Chelsea before. We just came in too late. He gave his word. And his word meant something to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.