Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Do people really trying to make how that loan deal aint that bad and there was no other option, seems Flamengo wants him and he wants them, what about letting him go there for free or dunno 10 boxes of Twix and they can pay his full wage, guess that would anti protecting asset that nobody wants to touch anyway.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He would have taken up a space in the squad too. We would have sold him if we could. We couldn’t. Not a lot of interest going on loan wise it seems. Better he’ll maybe play somewhere he can thrive and possible gain some value. His contract is up at the end of next season so the countdown is on.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Decent young players but £80m on Ransdale and Ben White, to me looks like poor business value wise. As you mention Ramsdales handling isnt great, he is just 23 though so very young for a keeper but I dont see anything outstanding in him. SImilar with White he is pretty good on the ball but defensively again I dont see anything special. Doing the simple lazy argument, there are dozens of players on the continent as good as though two Arsenal could have spent more like 20/30% of the overall fees on.

I think Arteta will be in serious trouble bu Christmas if he lasts that long
It's atrocious business. They are buying players with obvious limitations. Tottenham have usurped their position. That Pape Sarr kid apparently is just as good as Camavinga and that's the type they should be buying.

Coops73

Its not that funny. It’ll likely be our absolute priority next summer. Not that we have much chance with Mbappe mind.
That’s what I’m laughing at but you’re right it’s not THAT funny, not funny like seeing someone slip on a banana skin or someone walking into some cling film that has been surreptitiously placed across a doorway or watching kittens chase shadows on a wall when high on acid, I’ll give you that, it’s not THAT funny.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The main compliment for an attacker is that he tracks back.
No surprise Ole wants to keep him though.

led_scholes

The main compliment for an attacker is that he tracks back.
No surprise Ole wants to keep him though.
With Rashford out for 2 months it makes sense to keep him. However, we should not rule out to loan him or sell him in January if we see that we don't use him that much.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Perfect opportunity for Ole Outers to come out of their hidey holes and spout bullshit :lol:
We need a holding midfielder way more than him as a back up. We also need to sell before we can buy one. You do the math.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Who is/was responsible for giving out these stupid asset preserving contracts? Are they gone or have they learned their lesson? Mata recently got a renewal didn't he.

theklr

Who is/was responsible for giving out these stupid asset preserving contracts? Are they gone or have they learned their lesson? Mata recently got a renewal didn't he.
Maybe with the new setup they’ll do things differently, but the same people are there.

Mata got a one year with significantly reduced wages I think

Suv666

Mata should have left the club ages ago.
Shocking that the club are still paying him.

Rojofiam

We need a holding midfielder way more than him as a back up. We also need to sell before we can buy one. You do the math.
There's also not many defending midfielders that are suitable for us, and even less that are available. I'd rather we wait a year to secure an actual target and/or wait and see what the market produces instead of panic buying a random player now. And Ole will do the same thing.

But some can't take that we've likely finished our business with Varane and it would be more important to them that we just sign a DM for the sake of it rather than waiting a year and securing a long-term target (like Sancho).

Also, there are several other players we can sell before sacrificing James. He has a role to play, he's very effective in specific games (like Leeds) and he's happy to be 3rd / 4th choice. People bashing James forget all the "average" squad players we used to have in several of Fergie's teams. I remember people shitting on Park too. :) And I'm not saying that James is anywhere near him. I'm just saying that there are only positives in having him as an option.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
There's also not many defending midfielders that are suitable for us, and even less that are available. I'd rather we wait a year to secure an actual target and/or wait and see what the market produces instead of panic buying a random player now. And Ole will do the same thing.

But some can't take that we've likely finished our business with Varane and it would be more important to them that we just sign a DM for the sake of it rather than waiting a year and securing a long-term target (like Sancho).

Also, there are several other players we can sell before sacrificing James. He has a role to play, he's very effective in specific games (like Leeds) and he's happy to be 3rd / 4th choice. People bashing James forget all the "average" squad players we used to have in several of Fergie's teams. I remember people shitting on Park too. :) And I'm not saying that James is anywhere near him. I'm just saying that there are only positives in having him as an option.
There are a few good candidates available. Next year we also need a new number 9 and maybe a replacement for Pogba. I cant see us buy a Haaland and plug the leak at midfield as well in the same window. Its almost a decade ago since we won the PL. When are we gonna plug all the leaks and have a realistic shot at winning it again ?

sparx99

Makes no sense to nerf your depth in one area to sort another though. Buying a CM should come through selling/loaning Matic, Lingard and Pereira.

Dan James is good cover for Rashford and Sancho and can play plenty of games in the League Cup, FA Cup, sub for 20mins and weaker CL games.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Dan James isnt stopping us getting a DM
How can you say that ? Its been reported everywere that we need to sell before we can buy more. The only one we can sell is James and Lingard. Is Lingard enough to cover a new DM ? Bissouma or Neves will cost aroundt 35-40M. The lad at Monaco around the same ? Lingard will bring in 20-25M.

Makes no sense to nerf your depth in one area to sort another though. Buying a CM should come through selling/loaning Matic, Lingard and Pereira.

Dan James is good cover for Rashford and Sancho and can play plenty of games in the League Cup, FA Cup, sub for 20mins and weaker CL games.
We have really good cover at LW/RW. Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Amad, Mata, Elanga. We only have one holding midfielder in Matic.

I dont mind having Dan James in some of the tougher games, but when we need to sell before we can buy and only Lingard and James are sellable ? We need to sell him imo. Pereira has already gone on a free loan.

Last edited:

sparx99

Maybe with the new setup they’ll do things differently, but the same people are there.

Mata got a one year with significantly reduced wages I think
I actually think Mata and Matic and a few others have a role to play. One of the worst things that happened post Fergie was losing Giggs, Carrick, Rio, Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Scholes etc all in a 2-3yr window. It doesn’t hurt to keep some veterans around seeing as we have quite a young squad generally.

sparx99

How can you say that ? Its been reported everywere that we need to sell before we can buy more. The only one we can sell is James and Lingard. Is Lingard enough to cover a new DM ? Bissouma or Neves will cost aroundt 35-40M. The lad at Monaco around the same ? Lingard will bring in 20-25M.
It doesn’t mean we necessarily have to make up the whole fee. We may have £15m available now and need another £20m to get to the £35m.

theklr

We have really good cover at LW/RW. Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Amad, Mata, Elanga. We only have one holding midfielder in Matic.

I dont mind having Dan James in some of the tougher games, but when we need to sell before we can buy and only Lingard and James are sellable ? We need to sell him imo. Pereira has already gone on a free loan.
I dont think its only the transfer fees per se that is the reason we are waiting for sales - its just as much the wage budget and bloated squad. Like if we bring one in now we’ll most likely have players that we cant even register for PL , and paying wages for that is just even worse business.

cyberman

Don’t go believing reports. By all accounts we want Cammavinga and are awaiting his response yet James is still a Utd player.

Rojofiam

There are a few good candidates available. Next year we also need a new number 9 and maybe a replacement for Pogba. I cant see us buy a Haaland and plug the leak at midfield as well in the same window. Its almost a decade ago since we won the PL. When are we gonna plug all the leaks and have a realistic shot at winning it again ?
1. I'd like you to list the available candidates that need no bedding in and are ready to play week in week out for a team that's competing for the PL and CL.

2. Didn't we just plug the CB and RM leak in the same window? We are one of the few clubs that can spend £100m+ in a window even during a pandemic, signing Haaland / Mbappé won't hinder us from getting others, although landing a Kane definitely would, so I give you that.

3. Our squad is getting better with fewer and fewer leaks after each transfer window passes, that's something that didn't happen under our previous 3 managers. Most players we signed under LVG and José flopped. After 2 full seasons and 2 summers under Ole, we need 4 players to be the best team in the world. An elite GK, a back-up RB, a long-term DM, and a long-term striker. Coming off of the 2018/19 season, our squad was just about top 6 quality. Can't you see how long we've come since then?

4. When the manager and the club are planning for the future, I guarantee you that "it will be 10 years in 2023 since we last won the title" will not be in the conversation, because it's irrelevant and the talking point will be what's best for the club long-term, not panicking about having to win the PL so that there's only a 9-year gap between titles instead of 10 or 11 years for example. Don't get me wrong, winning the PL and CL is absolutely the priority, as it should be, but we won't be panic buying IMO because long-term it'll prove to be the worse decision.

5. Mark my words, next summer we'll sign a long-term DM (Rice or similar level and/or age), a long-term striker (Haaland or similar level and/or age) and we'll win it all :)

Matriac

I dont think its only the transfer fees per se that is the reason we are waiting for sales - its just as much the wage budget and bloated squad. Like if we bring one in now we’ll most likely have players that we cant even register for PL , and paying wages for that is just even worse business.
The squad actually isn't that bloated this year, unlike last year where we towards the end were forced to get loan deals or sales, and even then didn't have room to register Jones and Romero.

At the current moment we have 25 senior (Over 21years) players in the squad, including Heaton and Grant.
If we sign another player we could easily leave out Grant of the PL squad (and he'd still be eligble to play/be on the bench in domestic cups if we need him).

We'd likely only bring in Trippier if we can also shift Dalot. But we have room in the squad for another player without selling if the right deal materializes.

We actually have one of the healthiest squads (size wise) that we've had in many seasons.

And for next summer we have Grant, Mata, Cavani, Lingard and Pogba on expiring contracts. So we're not really forced to sell anyone to be able to bring in anyone next summer either (other than funds that might help). This is actually super healthy squad management now. (Though we will probably extend 1-3 of those. Maybe Pogba long-term, maybe Mata another season if he shows squad value this season, maybe Lingard if we don't sell him this window)

David De Gea

Well I mean you can't argue with him here. He's reliable all right. Reliable to give you a 4 out 10 most weeks, most weeks. Tracking back also the number one attribute most teams with any ambition would look for in their wingers no doubt.

Matthew84!

The squad actually isn't that bloated this year, unlike last year where we towards the end were forced to get loan deals or sales, and even then didn't have room to register Jones and Romero.

At the current moment we have 25 senior (Over 21years) players in the squad, including Heaton and Grant.
If we sign another player we could easily leave out Grant of the PL squad (and he'd still be eligble to play/be on the bench in domestic cups if we need him).

We'd likely only bring in Trippier if we can also shift Dalot. But we have room in the squad for another player without selling if the right deal materializes.

We actually have one of the healthiest squads (size wise) that we've had in many seasons.

And for next summer we have Grant, Mata, Cavani, Lingard and Pogba on expiring contracts. So we're not really forced to sell anyone to be able to bring in anyone next summer either (other than funds that might help). This is actually super healthy squad management now. (Though we will probably extend 1-3 of those. Maybe Pogba long-term, maybe Mata another season if he shows squad value this season, maybe Lingard if we don't sell him this window)
At the end of the season, Grant is going into coaching and Mata has been offered an ambassador role.

Matriac

At the end of the season, Grant is going into coaching and Mata has been offered an ambassador role.
Yes I didn't mention anything about Grant, as I believe he will officially retire as a player next season and then continue coaching as he's kinda doing already.

And Mata has been offered more than just ambassadorial role, I believe it is a more hands-on role in the management setup (similar to Fletcher). As Mata is actually very resourceful and educated.
But he might not want to fully retire as a player after this season, if he has a decent season he might try to persuade the club to get another 1 year extension before retiring. But us accepting this would of course depend on him playing and adding value this season. Remains to see.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
"He tracks back". You can't make this shit up
It’s not something to sniff at, how many times have our attackers been labelled as lazy for not tracking back and leaving the fullbacks exposed? It can be worth it’s weight in gold, in this regard Dan is an asset as he offers something the others don’t.
Cavani is another attacker who isn’t afraid to track back and do the dirty work, for which he gets rightly praised. It’s no different for Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.