Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox outside the box

I'm one of his biggest critics, but I actually thought Martial did a good job on Sunday against wolves when he came on. He worked hard and was disciplined and helped us see out the game for the win.

This said, I'd not exactly cry if we sold him even for 25-30 million to PSG and used the money to get a CM.
I prefer him on the left and think he can still do a decent job there, especially if he can spend the next handful of games being able to play his way in, rather than starting up top and being relied on to be on form. He's a good option in the squad but I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave in January or next summer. Feel we could see a good number of players leave next summer, if we get another handful out and bring in 2 or 3 better options, then I think we can look at the squad as being complete.

croadyman

I’m actually pleased with this. I think we’re at a point now where we want to sign players who lift us to the next level and I’m certainly not convinced Saul would.

We either need a player who fits us perfectly tactically in a very specific role (metronomic DM) or we get a player who is a massive upgrade on the 8s that we have otherwise we’re just wasting money and bloating.
Who do you think is that metronomic DM we should look to bring in next January or more likely summer

peridigm

We have to be getting rid of someone. Our wage bill will have increased by about 900k a week from last year - more in fact as Dalot and Lingard are still here. It’ll be crazy high.
We shaved off 45k selling James. Dalot is on 25k/wk. Martial should be the one we try to move as he's on 250k/wk.

Status
Not open for further replies.