Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Werner is going about "forcing his way into Tuchel's plans" in much the same way I am "forcing my way into Scarlett Johanssen's phonebook".
She marries frequently so you better be ready!! :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: NOS

Marcel Brands on the Donny transfer situation:
[On the failed transfer in the summer]
We had him on our list. At the beginning of the transfer window, we enquired at United, then it was impossible. At the end of the window, I received a call from Guido Albers, his agent, that he might be rented out after all. But at the last minute it was cancelled. Stopped again.

[On a potential January transfer window move]
You always depend on whether a club wants to cooperate. And it is early October, so much can still happen with injuries. United are playing on various fronts, it’s hard to say now.

It is of course a pity for Donny. He is a very good player, no doubt about it. Such a boy wants to play and wants to return to the Dutch national team. But you know that at such a club the pressure is great and the competition is huge. When you see what United had sitting on the bench: Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho, Paul Pogba…

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not an offer [accepted] this summer for Lemar. Atleti has never stopped believing in his work and quality. The history of the Frenchman bears similarities to that of Marcos Llorente: before he had no role and now he is decisive. As Joao says: "We know what he's worth." For the club [a] minimum [fee of] €45-€50 million.

RUCK4444

I think we should sell him, if we can get a good fee, then that's a big part towards a proper defensive midfielder.
Agree. Don't particularly dislike the player but he's not special at any one thing, if anything he's a no 10 but far inferior to Bruno.

That said, the same goes for Fred and even Scott. Neither of them are particularly good in my opinion either. So DVB is just one of a bunch that are average in the midfield for us.

I wouldn't want to see Scott go because he's homegrown and young enough to progress I suppose. But each of those within that group can be improved upon and probably should be.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Sell Donny in January and buy Bissouma.

Then invest in a further quality midfielder in the summer after Pogba leaves on a free and Mata retires or leaves on a free, thus freeing up a lot of wages.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I think we should sell him, if we can get a good fee, then that's a big part towards a proper defensive midfielder.
Why good fee. You should sell him for any fee seeing as he's doing nothing for the team atm.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why good fee. You should sell him for any fee seeing as he's doing nothing for the team atm.
He'd be sought after by a bunch of clubs if Donny's agent was allowed to look for new clubs. This not a Lingard situation where the player's on huge wages and nearing the end of his contract.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Karma.

PSG entice to cheat and entice players to join them on free deals too much now.

Glad its looking likely to happen to them now.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That Mbappe quote kind of highlights how fecked up these state clubs are for the game. Because at almost any other club the player's agent would go to a journalist and laugh about someone from the club saying the players with an expiring contract won't leave for free.

Last edited:

sparx99

Agree. Don't particularly dislike the player but he's not special at any one thing, if anything he's a no 10 but far inferior to Bruno.

That said, the same goes for Fred and even Scott. Neither of them are particularly good in my opinion either. So DVB is just one of a bunch that are average in the midfield for us.

I wouldn't want to see Scott go because he's homegrown and young enough to progress I suppose. But each of those within that group can be improved upon and probably should be.
Van De Beek is certainly an odd one. He seems to like taking only 1-2 touches which actually should help with our tempo issues. However, I don’t think he’s a central midfielder at all. Maybe as part of a midfield three but not a two man midfield.

I actually think Sancho and Van De Beek would combine nicely together. They both want to make quick short passes and move the defenders around. Those two seem like better fits against the packed defences than Rashford and Pogba who seem to thrive in more space.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
That Mbappe quote kind of highlights how fecked up these state clubs are for the game. Because at almost any other club the player's agent would go to a journalist and laugh about someone from the club saying the players with an expiring contract won't leave for free.
Yeah, we're joking about it. But wouldn't you think twice about going into the bad books of a nation-state.
He'd be sought after by a bunch of clubs if Donny's agent was allowed to look for new clubs. This not a Lingard situation where the player's on huge wages and nearing the end of his contract.
Ehh, Utd aren't hurting for money. Sell him and move on. Get someone in who would actually get a look in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ehh, Utd aren't hurting for money. Sell him and move on. Get someone in who would actually get a look in.
United would if he was for sale. At this moment, though, he isn't, but that may change come January. My point was that, if he was put up for sale, he'd fetch a decent amount for us due to the lack of playing time not really hurting his overall reputation.

ti vu

Potential move during January window? He's making himself clear he's not renewing. Also combine with the earlier tweet about "swallowing hard" sound like "I have no intention kill myself. If something gonna happen to me, somebody did it".

Last edited:

Pavl3n

Potential move during January window? He's making himself clear he's not renewing. Also combine with the earlier tweet about "swallowing hard" sound like "I have no intention kill myself. If something gonna happen to me, somebody did it".
I tried finding the entire interview and found more quotes. One was:
" Is my departure confirmed? The truth of yesterday is not the truth of today, nor that of tomorrow. If I had been told that Messi was going to play for PSG, I would not have believed him. So, we don’t know what can happen"
It feels as if he leaves a little door open for himself and decide to stay. If PSG go on and win the CL, whilst Real don't show much promise, he might decide to extend.

stepic

I tried finding the entire interview and found more quotes. One was:

It feels as if he leaves a little door open for himself and decide to stay. If PSG go on and win the CL, whilst Real don't show much promise, he might decide to extend.
'only god knows'

he'll leave.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The full statement:
When I arrived in Florence, I promised the fans that I would be up front with them and that I would never make promises that I couldn’t keep. I would therefore like to update the Fiorentina fans on an issue that has been much talked and spoken about in recent months – the question of Dusan Vlahovic’s contract. As you know, Fiorentina made a very significant offer to the player. Our proposal would have made him the highest paid player in the history of the club. We also improved our offer on a number of occasions in order to accommodate the requests of both Dusan and his entourage. However, despite our efforts, those offers have not been accepted.

During my time in Florence over the past few weeks, I have personally endeavoured to find a solution that would make both the player and the club happy, but I am disappointed to say that our efforts and attempts have not been rewarded. At this point, all that we can do is acknowledge the wishes of the player and his entourage and quickly identify feasible, appropriate solutions as we proceed with this exciting new season. In any case, Dusan Vlahovic has a contract linking him to Fiorentina for the next 21 months. We have no doubt that the player will – as he always has – do his bit to help the team achieve its objectives, showing the same level of professionalism he has shown since he arrived in Florence, with the utmost respect from our fans, his team-mates, the coach and the club as a whole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.