Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He'll be a decent budget addition to the team and will offer them something different, and I guess with Schlotterbeck coming in, they can afford to let Akanji go, too.
Akanji will leave either way. So this isn't about him vs Haller.

On paper Haller is a terrific candidate: the price seems to be affordable, he's "BL proven", he'd add the aerial prowess that Adeyemi and Malen are lacking, who in turn would make up for his lack of pace, he seems to be putting in some effort against the ball and he's solid with his back towards goal, which - again - should fit tricky and pacy players like Malen and Adeyemi nicely, when he occupies defenders for them.

I'm just a bit sceptical, because Dortmund have done a lot of financial damage to themselves with transfers in his age bracket lately. And if he were to flop he'd probably be tempted to sit out a fat contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Akanji will leave either way. So this isn't about him vs Haller.

On paper Haller is a terrific candidate: the price seems to be affordable, he's "BL proven", he'd add the aerial prowess that Adeyemi and Malen are lacking, who in turn would make up for his lack of pace, he seems to be putting in some effort against the ball and he's solid with his back towards goal, which - again - should fit tricky and pacy players like Malen and Adeyemi nicely, when he occupies defenders for them.

I'm just a bit sceptical, because Dortmund have done a lot of financial damage to themselves with transfers in his age bracket lately. And if he were to flop he'd probably be tempted to sit out a fat contract.
That's a reasonable concern on Dortmund's transfers though I think Haller isn't as risky as Malen, for example, given his prior Bundesliga experience. He'd be a great fit in Marco Rose's setup and is probably the best target man available in the market.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's a reasonable concern on Dortmund's transfers though I think Haller isn't as risky as Malen, for example, given his prior Bundesliga experience. He'd be a great fit in Marco Rose's setup and is probably the best target man available in the market.
I agree, on paper he's probably the safest choice and it's not his fault that other have disappointed before him.

Dazzmondo

Sounds like..
CB
CDM
CM
RW/ST

That's not enough I'm afraid. Our full backs are the 2nd weakest part of our team after dm. Shaw is fine when fit but he's always injured. At rb we have no one good enough to start

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
20 million euros according to Barcelona. That's a lot for someone who only turns up for the games against United.
Not just that but also a 50% sell-on clause in the deal, too, according to Barcelona's official announcement.

I don't know how likely it'll be for Villa to sell Coutinho, but I guess that's why they were okay with a 50% sell-on clause; I doubt they'd buy him only to move him on in a few seasons unless they either have no reason to keep him around or get a huge offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This is in response to claims from Bild in Germany that the release clause is €150m. The German claims:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The problem is Rashford is average player who is hyped because he is English. He has been very poor and one of the main reasons we are here at #6 with no UCL. Time to clear out the deadwood.
Absolute nonsense I'm afraid. He's been awful this season for sure but the last 4 years he's been very good in terms of goals and assists. Comparable with the top players in his position.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So they lost 120 million euros on this fella and also funded the spending spree that got Liverpool their final title winning jigsaw pieces.

Well done Barcelona you utter bell ends

jesperjaap

Looks like the midfield will be a priority for the team this summer. It's good to see that ten Hag wants two midfielders in. Us getting started this soon is a good sign for our future prospects.
Yes, one of the big reasons we are where we are now was the failure in that regard last summer. We made three quality signings on paper but failure to bring in a single central midfielder when we quite obviously needed two has really harmed us defensively and with the ball as well.

Nu guarantees, but put two quality midfielders of the right type into our side and I feel defensively we improve massively and offensively as well, not jsut with the signings made but players around them. As dreadful as our defence has been all season, the amount they have been exposed and over loaded has been ridiculous, as has our inability to do basic fast transitions with the ball in possesion as well.

A couple of "intelligent" defensively and technically good central midfielders is the priority even though there ar ea good 6/7 areas minimum need improving overall in my opinion bot in terms of the first eleven and competition in certain areas

jesperjaap

Absolute nonsense I'm afraid. He's been awful this season for sure but the last 4 years he's been very good in terms of goals and assists. Comparable with the top players in his position.
Average no, but he has been overhyped in terms of beign one of the best in his position when you see some of the supposed expected transfer fees.Wasnt he considered one of the most valuable players in the world last summer, now that is madness. There have been several moved ahead of him over the last two years for England, though we are blessed there, let alone EUrope

ShinjiNinja26

So they lost 120 million euros on this fella and also funded the spending spree that got Liverpool their final title winning jigsaw pieces.

Don’t worry there’s rumours circulating on Twitter they’re planning on putting a £90m bid in for Scott McTominay.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As unreliable as Santi Aouna is, I'm going to tag @Yagami just so he's aware of these links.
Ha, appreciated, sir!

I would be jealous as he's the type of press resistant midfielder we desperately need, and have liked him for a few years now, but I'm on the de Jong train which significantly softens the blow to a potential move to Spurs.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Average no, but he has been overhyped in terms of beign one of the best in his position when you see some of the supposed expected transfer fees.Wasnt he considered one of the most valuable players in the world last summer, now that is madness. There have been several moved ahead of him over the last two years for England, though we are blessed there, let alone EUrope
Erik will get the fire back in his belly and him back among the goals and assists.

If he can perform well for Ole for 2 and half years out of the 3 they had together then it's ridiculous to think a world class coach can't get him back to that level at least.

He's definitely got talent. We just need to get this season over and done with. Clearly something has gone on behind the scenes we don't know about as Rashford is definitely not the only one who has suddenly lost all form and confidence. Maguire and Shaw also had very poor seasons when neither were bad last season. Shaw especially who was POTY.

Apokalips

• Moyes wants a left-sided CB hence the interest in Aguerd.
  • West Ham will make a stronger push than last summer for Aguerd.
    • £20m might be enough to purchase him.
  • Other CBs that West Ham have looked at:
    • Sven Botman (unlikely due to links to bigger clubs)
    • Joe Worrall
    • James Tarkowski
      • Other clubs are further ahead.
      • West Ham prefer a younger CB (Tarkowski's 29).
The Jack Rosser article:
Villa, Everton and Southampton are far more realistic sounding transfers for Phillips than United. I honestly don't imagine we would be pursuing him, nor should we be.

Robertd0803

Yup. Not only did they bring themselves to the brink of ruin they also ruined english football for everyone else. Muppets.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
BILD advanced the script twist with Lewandowski.

We add that FCB is aware that Bayern has recalculated and is asking for time to analyze the situation (search for a replacement and set conditions to negotiate a transfer).

FCB working to present [a] formal offer to player and club.

RVN1991

Selling De Jong to fund a move for Lewandowski is laughably short sighted. Well done.

joedirt87

Worth keeping him for that money.
isn't he reportedly on a lot more money than that, plus whatever stupid contract extension salary bump was offered. if true i highly doubt he's going to say you know what United, I want to come back and take less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.