Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don’t get Barca. Why are they talking about spending money on a bunch of incomings if they‘re so conscious of finances instead of using their money to keep hold of their best players like De Jong and Dembele?
They can spend, but they're limited by La Liga's own FFP. Back when Messi became a free agent, their finances looked so bad for FFP that they had no choice but to try and reduce their existing players' salaries even after Messi left. Most of the players have reduced their salaries or accepted lower terms when moving into the club. De Jong and Dembélé haven't, however, so their futures are currently up in the air as a result, even if they want to stay.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can't wait for us to agree to a loan with an 'option to buy'. An option which isn't taken up.
In this case, I could actually see the option being taken up by Newcastle. He will be their first choice and I’m sure will be good enough for them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Brendan Rodgers on Lookman and his Leicester future:
He is a young player I really like and he has done really well in his time here. We will discuss that over the coming weeks and if it’s possible I’d love to be able to do something because I think there is still growth in him. We just have to wait and see from a financial perspective if that’s something we can look to do. For our squad he gives us real healthy competition and challenges [Harvey] Barnes in that left-sided position because that’s where he’s at his best. He is the type of player that of course I’d like to have.
Rodgers wants the following new players:
  • Centre back
  • Creative midfielder
  • Winger

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Berbaclass on the Frenkie de Jong thread:
Laporta has a lot of doubts with CVC and prefers to sell the management of 10% of the TV rights to Goldman Sachs
There are people at the club who continue to recommend CVC because it guarantees Fair Play automatically and is the most advanced option.

DELICATE SITUATION
The sporting structure is awaiting the establishment of funds to be able to work on planning
Barça needs liquidity because at the moment it would not be able to pay the players of the men's first team for the month of June
When they were in this situation last year, they had to let go of Messi. This year, both de Jong and Dembélé are on the chopping block, and at least one of them will have to move on.

ti vu

I don’t get Barca. Why are they talking about spending money on a bunch of incomings if they‘re so conscious of finances instead of using their money to keep hold of their best players like De Jong and Dembele?
Because they want new toys to appease the fanbase. Think it this way. The same group of players had them a meh season. They want to compete with RM which walked the league and made CL final. Which is difficult to convince the fanbase without some changes.

Also look like they're posturing, and they likely sell player(s) with high transfer value, so they can get their new players in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thanks to @Berbaclass on the Frenkie de Jong thread:

When they were in this situation last year, they had to let go of Messi. This year, both de Jong and Dembélé are on the chopping block, and at least one of them will have to move on.
With Dembele there is no money to be made, just money to be saved, while they can make significant money through selling de Jong. I assume they are just absolutely desperate to retain the outstanding young players they've had enter the first team through La Masia, and everyone else could be sold. They just don't have that many interesting players to sell. Although, they lucked out with having Coutinho taking a wage cut at Villa.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Left back issue? They have arguably the best LB in the league…

Cucarella is a great player, though. Too good to be on the bench most weeks.

Woziak

Yeah that would be a nightmare for us
Sir Jim won’t go near the club if he’s putting 1.6 billion pounds in a dodgy account in Guernsey. This could go on and on with Chelsea suffering day after day, no tickets can be sold, players jumping ship and Tuchel finally feeling no one gave him the respect he deserved in a very difficult season! Are they actually able to handle the finances of the day to day running of the club if this went on for a couple more months ?

OmarUnited4ever

They can spend, but they're limited by La Liga's own FFP. Back when Messi became a free agent, their finances looked so bad for FFP that they had no choice but to try and reduce their existing players' salaries even after Messi left. Most of the players have reduced their salaries or accepted lower terms when moving into the club. De Jong and Dembélé haven't, however, so their futures are currently up in the air as a result, even if they want to stay.
As of now they can't, La Liga has set a negative spending amount of -144m for Barcelona this summer.

If they manage to generate money by selling percentages of their TV rights & Merchandising License, then they might be allowed to spend money on new players, but these deals are not close to be done yet.

Else, they have to sell players and reduce wages further to offset the negative 144m set on them by La Liga.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As of now they can't, La Liga has set a negative spending amount of -144m for Barcelona this summer.

If they manage to generate money by selling percentages of their TV rights & Merchandising License, then they might be allowed to spend money on new players, but these deals are not close to be done yet.

Else, they have to sell players and reduce wages further to offset the negative 144m set on them by La Liga.
Correct. I was pointing out that they have the money to spend but aren't allowed to because of La Liga's financial restrictions on them.

OmarUnited4ever

Correct. I was pointing out that they have the money to spend but aren't allowed to because of La Liga's financial restrictions on them.
I read they recorded a 480m in losses so far but I get what you mean, La Liga restrictions are what stopping them from signing new players

edcunited1878

Cancelo was one of the best fullbacks in the league this past year, more on the left, but he's still very good on the right. TAA and James get the majority of praise from the right fullback/right wing position, but Cancelo holds his own too. Think the top two fullbacks were TAA and Cancelo.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I read they recorded a 480m in losses so far but I get what you mean, La Liga restrictions are what stopping them from signing new players
That was from last year's annual report. On July 1, they had ~€60m in cash to start off with, but with Messi becoming a free agent combined with the reduced salaries of a bunch of their players, they should now have more cash available to spend.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Masterclass from Pep, another £30m on a defender.

You really have to wonder what our scouts have been doing for the last 8/9 years, or if they've been working for no reason leaving Woodward and Judge to attempt the worst Galacticos impression of all time. We should be getting the Cucurella's and Robertson's before they're established.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
He’s a right back
Try watching football with your eyes.

He's played LB pretty much all season and has had a better season than any other player that's played LB. This, by default, makes him the best LB in the league.

Last edited:

M16Red

Try watching football with your eyes.

He's played LB pretty much all season and has had a better season than any other player that's played LB. This, by default, makes him the best LB in the league.
Seven assists the third-most by a defender only just Andy Robertson (10) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (12).

Sadly not better than Robertson, but still better than ours. OMG how crap are we... ha ha.

Goes to show much Liverpoo cross the ball.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Add that he allegedly stole Joao Felix's girlfriend :drool:
That's better than the renewal
She is a freaking bombshell.

Huge sporting fan she is so it makes sense to leave a Benfica dweeb for a Sporting player who loves the club !

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Official: Pedro Porro permanently signs for Sporting CP from Manchester City.

Great signing and instant profit as he will easily be sold next summer. He’s too good for our league.

Status
Not open for further replies.