Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

He played every single minute of this season and 57 goals were conceded with him goal. He is also extremely passive in goal. He is part of the problem.
Fighting talk from one of the biggest bottlers in the squad. What an absolute mess we're in. De Gea can talk all he wants, he's fecking shit like the rest of them.
Cheers, Samuel.
Maybe at that time in their careers they didn't think coming to United would be beneficial.
Are they elite? Feel like a lot of them bar vinicius are currently in a bit of a funk in their careers. Injuries or adjusting to big clubs.
How did we pass on De Jong??? He was never choosing us over Barca.
Pretty aimless dig for the sake of it….we didn’t ‘pass up’ on half of those players anyway
Alphonso is the only one I'd really class as elite in that respect and he's missed most of the season. Think elite should be reserved for what it is, same with world class. Think it's hyperbole to emphasise his personal opinion, which he tends to do and why he's a frustrating journo.
Same lazy ass journalism. Not to say you don't want as much young, emerging talent, but many more clubs than just United "missed" out and none of those players have developed into elite status. Davies is the best North American player, however his rise to prominence at Bayern was as a full back/wing back, not a winger or left forward type player.

And at that time, United had their own couple players who were pretty talented whom they went with in Martial and Rashford. It hasn't exactly worked out for them thus far compared to those players, but it's obviously biased selection of timing to fit another lazy narrative.

It's all too predictable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So in a tweet about missing out on teenage super stars he lists on who was already at Real Madrid? We didn't miss out on De Ligt either in that sense either as everyone was after him when he moved from Ajax

Judas

Open to offers
So in a tweet about missing out on teenage super stars he lists on who was already at Real Madrid? We didn't miss out on De Ligt either in that sense either as everyone was after him when he moved from Ajax
I might be confusing him with someone else, but wasn't there stories of us turning down De Ligt a bit before he started doing well at Ajax and the summer he actually left the club. I might be well off and misremembering.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I might be confusing him with someone else, but wasn't there stories of us turning down De Ligt a bit before he started doing well at Ajax and the summer he actually left the club. I might be well off and misremembering.
Because his dad was fat or something ridiculous like that, right?

sparx99

It'll go something like this.

June
Week 1 - £50 million?
Week 2 - £53 million?
Week 3 - £56 million?
Week 4 - £60 million?

July
Week 1 - £63 million?
Week 2 - £65 million?
Week 3 - £68 million?
Week 4 - £70 million?

Transfer deadline day
£85 million deal done. £10 million premium for leaving it so late.
Bruno, Sancho and Varane deals have been much better negotiated in recent years.

sparx99

He got them CL. And he's a top manager. I expect Spurs to be very good next season - especially if he's given significant funds.
3rd is still very much in play next season. Chelsea have lost Rudiger, Christensen and Azpi. Thiago Silva is a year older. No guarantees new cb’s hit the ground running and their form since Feb has been very poor.

roseguy64

Logical decision. Two midfielders and one or two defenders this Window would be nice. Create a solid spine in the team, then we can look at forwards next summer. Hopefully the new players will actually work out.
Nope. The club wants to sort midfield and forward out the most this summer. Defence is third. Midfield is first. Forwards is second.

HookedOnAPhelan

3rd is still very much in play next season. Chelsea have lost Rudiger, Christensen and Azpi. Thiago Silva is a year older. No guarantees new cb’s hit the ground running and their form since Feb has been very poor.
That's true. I think if we get top 4 it will be at the expense of Chelsea.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The only one of those we’ll miss is Rüdiger. Azpi has been completely washed for 2 seasons now and Christensen wasn’t even a starter a lot of the time. Literally any CB‘s we sign will be strict upgrades on Christensen and Azpi.

Plus, we’ll have Chilwell and James back and fit. I don’t expect us to drop at all and in fact be considerably stronger depending on signings.

sparx99

The only one of those we’ll miss is Rüdiger. Azpi has been completely washed for 2 seasons now and Christensen wasn’t even a starter a lot of the time. Literally any CB‘s we sign will be strict upgrades on Christensen and Azpi.

Plus, we’ll have Chilwell and James back and fit. I don’t expect us to drop at all and in fact be considerably stronger depending on signings.
If you play like you have for the last 3 months then you’ll be a lot worse off.

Widow

There is still no full agreement, at a financial level, for Pogba's return to Juventus but it seems that it is only a matter of time: the player wants to return to Turin and Allegri has spoken with the Frenchman: for the coach it is a priority. Soon other contacts

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Teze extends 'till 2025.
Kid starts for PSV (RB & CB) and has received his 2nd callup for the senior Dutch NT. Has yet to make his debut.
We now at least have one person at the club who can see how shite our midfield is, that's progress. Scandalous how we've basically pinned our hopes on McTominay suddenly learning how to play the DM role for the past few years.
Yeah I agree it's a breath of fresh to have a manager seeing what we're seeing.

Dannn411

That we're prioritising midfield at last is great. But i'm sad at the scant mention of us looking for fullbacks as our fullback group is one of the worst going. Certainly the worst among the top 6. Should be a priority as well and there are good FBs out there if we bothered.

Blood Mage

That we're prioritising midfield at last is great. But i'm sad at the scant mention of us looking for fullbacks as our fullback group is one of the worst going. Certainly the worst among the top 6. Should be a priority as well and there are good FBs out there if we bothered.
It's more important to fix the spine of the team first. We can't transform ourselves in one window, and it's important that we get two new midfielders in as one won't cut it. Half the reason we had such a car crash season is that we lost nearly every midfield battle, even against relegation fodder like Norwich and Watford.

ti vu

Why are Barca signing players every week when they can’t even register them?
They want/need new signings. They just sign, and then use club public pressure on high wage earners to reduce their contract/force them to leave. Under the image of greater good for the club.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Reminder: Romano stated yesterday that Sevilla want at least €65m for Koundé
    • This is the amount to start the negotiations, not for Sevilla to accept a deal.
    • Anything less = no talks
  • According to Matt Law, Chelsea are hoping that £42m + £8m in add-ons (approx. total in €: 59m) will be enough to land Koundé.
  • Chelsea have already agreed personal terms with Koundé last year.
  • Sevilla need the money and are resigned to losing Koundé this summer.
    • My comment: this + personal terms agreed are why Chelsea are probably low-balling for Koundé
  • Chelsea won't change their strategy even if Sevilla sold Diego Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.