Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Quite the step down to be looking at Hakimi, and then sign Aurier instead. Especially when they let him go a few years back.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
… Are PSG broke? Why are they skimping on re-signing a player they let go instead of signing Hakimi?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t believe Spurs will get 20m for Aurier

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
… Are PSG broke? Why are they skimping on re-signing a player they let go instead of signing Hakimi?
They definitely aren't broke but Chelsea are just as effective at spending eye watering levels of money so maybe they have offered crazy wages to Hakimi? Wages that PSG would normally reserve for Neymar's offshore bank accounts. Dodgy clubs either way.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mata being groomed to take up a position in the recruitment structure in the future?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mata being groomed to take up a position in the recruitment structure in the future?

Can't help but think he'd be an incredible club ambassador. Must be one of the most universally liked players in the PL.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

His father is an agent, right?

Yes, I could imagine him being someone you would want to keep in some capacity.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I would love us to keep Mata in our staff / management. He is very knowledgeable, well respected and is already and would further be the point of contact for our non English speaking / Spanish speaking players.
Just get him off of this expensive playing contract.

dbs235

Bizarre signing, he's shit. PSG really do buy some absolute wank don't they?
I can't believe they want him, what a huge downgrade from going for Hakimi. Wijnaldum is a decent player but he's hardly going to send shockwaves around the other CL contenders. Donnarumma is a good long term signing at least.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What is a sports director? I'm confused with all the roles. Fletcher is technical director then what is sports director?
It could mean several things involving roles from the youth teams to the first team.

Red_Aaron

I did the stadium tour this weekend for my sons birthday and the guy showing us around made a point of talking about just how good a presence Juan Mata was in the club and what a fantastic person he is and a great representative. It really stood out as the guy wasn't afraid of dishing out a few backhanded compliments for other players!

He's clearly very well loved at the club

Judas

Open to offers
No offence to Mata, but I don't want to see him playing for us again, we've got too many promising youngsters I'd rather see get his game time and spot on the bench.

Withnail

No offence to Mata, but I don't want to see him playing for us again, we've got too many promising youngsters I'd rather see get his game time and spot on the bench.
I dunno. If he takes a reduction in wages and he's an asset in the development of those young players and is being seen as someone who'd we benefit from moving into the backroom staff then I think it's ok.

I do think he'll go somewhere to get a couple of seasons of regular football though as he's not going to get much game time at United.

Judas

Open to offers
I dunno. If he takes a reduction in wages and he's an asset in the development of those young players and is being seen as someone who'd we benefit from moving into the backroom staff then I think it's ok.

I do think he'll go somewhere to get a couple of seasons of regular football though as he's not going to get much game time at United.
I'd love to keep him around as a character, on the staff, he's clearly great for the club, I just think his playing days are done for us, and it could hamper the development of those who end up not getting into match day squads as he's on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.