Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think its good business, I also think they'll sell quite a few too,
Depay might join so good window for them, also rumours about the GK
Is it good business? Two 30+ year olds pushing past their best years and a prospect?

Depay is okay but overrated since we moved him on from here.

Not exactly the kind of business Barca fans are used to is it.

So it that Wjinaldum, Depay and Aguero so far?
Seemingly

Adnan

Talent Spotter
None of us know what went on, if anything, but think it's naive to suggest he wouldn't have been interested in United.
All we know is what Kante has said. And he said that United were interested but after speaking to both Conte and Mourinho, kante admitted he had a better feeling when speaking to Conte.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Because he had already said 'yes' to Conte and Chelsea before. We just came in too late. He gave his word. And his word meant something to him.
Kante said himself that after speaking to both Conte and Mourinho, he got the feeling that Chelsea was the right club for him, due to what Conte said to him. He was in discussions with Chelsea earlier, that is true, but he hadn't made a decision at that point. And looking back at his decision, I would say he made the correct decision.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah so we don't know everything. I've no reason to disbelieve @Sultan
Nobody is saying you should disbelieve Sultan. I'm sure Kante being a Muslim would've garnered much discussion among the Muslim community in Leicester. But it's all hear say as far as i'm concerned, because actions spoke louder than words, when both Chelsea and United showed interest.

Last edited:

croadyman

Kante is hardly going to say otherwise. I have it on solid authority he would have jumped at the chance and so would have Mahrez to play for United. I'm no ITK, just know people who knew them personally from their time at Leicester due to their links with the local Muslim community.
Why on earth Utd didn't get themselves at the front of queue for him in the summer of 2016 still absolutely beggars belief, feels to me like we were massively prioritising getting Pogba back instead and therefore missed out on the player who would have fitted our midfield needs much better

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Massively underwhelming from Barca. Can't see their fans being too happy about this if it's the only business they end up doing.
Fans are over entitled in general. If a club can’t afford more then they can’t afford it.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Kante said himself that after speaking to both Conte and Mourinho, he got the feeling that Chelsea was the right club for him, due to what Conte said to him. He was in discussions with Chelsea earlier, that is true, but he hadn't made a decision at that point. And looking back at his decision, I would say he made the correct decision.
That's not what he said. Even Mourinho said he had already made his mind by the time he spoke to him. We were trying to highjack it more than anything. They did the groundwork earlier.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Always one step ahead of everyone else in the transfer market

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Think again, it took us all last summer to get Cavani
Think he was a last minute panic buy in all honesty that worked out really well. We certainly weren't trying to get him all summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's not what he said. Even Mourinho said he had already made his mind by the time he spoke to him. We were trying to highjack it more than anything. They did the groundwork earlier.
An assertion was made earlier that the Kante deal was straight forward and easy for Man Utd to do. And my argument is, If it was that easy, then Kante would've jumped at the chance to join us, as soon as he spoke to Mourinho. But he didn't and joined Chelsea after going on record as saying he had a good feeling about joining Chelsea after speaking to Conte.

SmallCaine

Think again, it took us all last summer to get Cavani
Did it really take all summer or was the deal done late because of cavani or whichever portugese team he was supposed to sign for backing out. Pretty sure it was nailed on early in the window that he was going to portugal only for it to keep dragging on due to money and utd just swooping in last minute.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Did it really take all summer or was the deal done late because of cavani or whichever portugese team he was supposed to sign for backing out. Pretty sure it was nailed on early in the window that he was going to portugal only for it to keep dragging on due to money and utd just swooping in last minute.
Plus we were chasing other targets and we obviously can only concentrate on 1 at a time

SATA

Yes it was Benfica but apparently they couldn’t afford his wages so we swooped in on the final days of the transfer window

pascell

Seeing how long it took us to stop chasing Sancho and make a bid, probably not but it was poor of us to leave it so long. Due to covid isolation rules, it cost us quite a few games without Cavani at the start of the season.

Whichever spin we put on it, it was piss poor planning from us and cost us.

SATA

Wasn’t Cavani back in Uruguay ploughing fields and pig stys when he was released on a free back then by PSG? I remember reading some articles and seeing some pictures about it

theklr

Henderson replaced him in all honesty. Unless Heaton is coming in to be backup to one DDG/Henderson?
Yeah that might be what happens, but still - with both Romero , Grant and Pereira seemingly all leaving you would need a 3rd GK anyway

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A couple more "Not True" Tweets:

In this case, Falk's going against both Bouhafsi and di Marzio's words, both of whom are quite well-connected. I think that Falk may not be fully informed in this case.

Here, it's Falk vs. both di Marzio and Sky Sport Germany. Di Marzio didn't really strongly link Boateng to Lazio; they went with the fact that Fali Ramadani is an agent of both Sarri (the manager that Lazio are interested in) as well as both Boateng and Nikola Maksimovic.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn’t Cavani back in Uruguay ploughing fields and pig stys when he was released on a free back then by PSG? I remember reading some articles and seeing some pictures about it
He has a farm in Uruguay that he goes back to every year. He was on the verge of signing for Benfica all summer but it never went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.