Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pawelek

I know, not suggesting that he should be starting or on the bench. Essentially at the moment he is 4th choice right wing, maybe up to 3rd if James moves or in a season....but back to 4th if we sign Sancho. People can say he is a punt, is £10m though, hardly a small fee for a teen with few games. I know Lingard and Greenwood are academy players as is Shoetire....bit we potentially have about 6 or 7 players to play on the right and one of our most pressign issues is to sign a right winger this summer. Long term signings or not £80m on Sancho is quite damning of what we did last summer to me.

Well there are add ons with the Amad fee, think it can rise to £33/34m, so potentially it is above £60m for the three of them. That isnt even the point though, it is the point we have bought three young wingers in as many years, have our best youngster in many years breaking through at right wing even if long term he isnt seen there.....yet there is desperation for us to sign a right winger. Of course the likes of Pellestri are longer term signings, but that is a lot of money to have spent on young players to go and spend £80m on Sancho the year after two of them, where would that leave Pellestri....mor eimportantly Amad who we have spent a huge amount on?
Addons for Amad have not been paid yet. If and when they're paid, it'll be because he's shown he was worth the fee. United also need strength in depth. Keep Lingard or buy Amad? Buying Amad allows us to sell: Lingard, James, Andreas and Chong, and raise the squad quality. Nor are we certain that Sancho's future lies only as RW. Sancho can play both LW and CAM too.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can Saul dictate play and take the ball under pressure?
No. He’s a box to box high energy number 8 — at his best he’s basically an improved version of what we have in Fred and McTominay.

He had a pretty poor season and didn’t even make a pretty weak Spanish NT squad, either…

Mihai

So we are talking to Pogba, making offers for Trippier and Sancho and also preparing a bid for Saul. All in a day's work!!! I think someone needs to look into Murtough's fanny pack what he's smoking. :nervous:
Hyper activity is more snorting or ingesting rather than smoking.

jeepers

Am I the only one not excited about Saul? I think a DM is much more urgent, as much as I would love we upgrade on McFred

Why is Juve the only club linked with Locatelli? He has said that he is willing to move overseas yeah? Unless we have immense faith in Garner making the step up, we should definitely be looking at him, regardless of how poorly our Italian signings have faired for us.

STYLOISRED

Am I the only one not excited about Saul? I think a DM is much more urgent, as much as I would love we upgrade on McFred

Why is Juve the only club linked with Locatelli? He has said that he is willing to move overseas yeah? Unless we have immense faith in Garner making the step up, we should definitely be looking at him, regardless of how poorly our Italian signings have faired for us.
We as fans think a DM will solve our problems in midfield but it's clear that the management doesn't feel the same... So far, all signs point to Ole preferring a double pivot of two mobile CMs to carry the ball alternatively and two ball playing centre backs to dictate play.

AlexUTD

I don't think he's a CDM and a one that can hold and run the midfield by himself.
He is not a classic defensive destroyer no i agree. He is versatile. Can play anywhere on the midfield, wich he has for Atletico. He could play in a pivot as a CDM a couple of years ago. Now im unsure.

If i could choose, i would go for Camavinga/Rice as a CDM.

justsomebloke

Honest question: Does someone have a good working theory why we'd want him? I don't really watch La Liga so has no basis for an eye test, and statistically he just looks awful. The only thing he seems to do well is tackling and blocking. His passing stats are downright atrocious, as in 20s and 30s percentile bad. I know stats aren't everything, but help me out here - what is it with this guy that merits a price tag like that, and why should we want him?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who genuinely is this guy? Works for Atletico?
Ekrem Konur is a Turkish journalist who's come to the fore recently with numerous Tweets about transfers all over Europe. I think that he has a few decent sources, but for the most part, he's wildly speculative.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wow, this I didn't expect this! Diego Rossi has been great at MLS for LAFC, and he has been getting picked for the national team, too, but I wasn't expecting links to the Premier League. He'll be fun to watch if he does move to Europe.

M4YON

July 1st ALL British nationals in the EU become non-EU citizens and Aťletico Madrid already have there 2 allocated spots taken up by Felipe and Renan Lodi.

kirk buttercup

So we are talking to Pogba, making offers for Trippier and Sancho and also preparing a bid for Saul. All in a day's work!!! I think someone needs to look into Murtough's fanny pack what he's smoking. :nervous:
Its his Pity his name is Murtough and not Murdock . Because if this is all true he is definitely more a Murdock character than A Murtough ( For the Record I know its Murtaugh but you get what i mean )

Sting

Only 2 spots for all the talent outside of EU ?? That is preposterous

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm posting this because of the quote from Atalanta president Antonio Percassi.

Sources:
The quote:
Romero is a very important player, very strong, who I love. And today, he belongs to Atalanta. Full stop. How much is he worth? A huge amount.
That pretty much hints at Atalanta not putting Romero up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.