Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxa

More from his France Football interview:
Aye this won’t end well,

Clear as Day Mbappe wants Madrid and always has, but will only achieve this if he leaves on a Free as Madrid will never be able to afford him from PSG.

From a PSG perspective, it’s a disaster, not only losing such a world class player for free after spending insane money on him but it’s a sucker punch to their brand, to have the face of France football not want to be part of your project after you’ve made him your poster boy, awkward

Very smart move by Mbappe, this is exactly what Kane should have done before he made his bed signing that long contract with Spurs.

cyberman

Aye this won’t end well,

Clear as Day Mbappe wants Madrid and always has, but will only achieve this if he leaves on a Free as Madrid will never be able to afford him from PSG.

From a PSG perspective, it’s a disaster, not only losing such a world class player for free after spending insane money on him but it’s a sucker punch to their brand, to have the face of France football not want to be part of your project after you’ve made him your poster boy, awkward

Very smart move by Mbappe, this is exactly what Kane should have done before he made his bed signing that long contract with Spurs.
Its a failed transfer. A calamity.

hubbuh

Aye this won’t end well,

Madrid could sign Mbappe and Pogba on free contracts next summer. Not bad that.

Mark Pawelek

If we signed Grealish last summer for £80m we wouldnt have needed to sign VDB thats a £45m difference and I would argue he could also replace all those other players you mention AND Pogba and you could also argue can play all the same positions as Sancho too. Conciveably with what you are saying we could have had Grealish last year and Sancho this year. Not using that to knock Amad at all, he may become a fantastic player.
Telles was a good buy at £15m. He's, arguably, the reason Shaw is playing as well as he is. So spending everything on one player would've missed out on Telles.

Amad - 20m
Pellestri - 10m
VfB - 35m
Telles - 15m
Cavani - 0m

Total - 80m - actually paid so far for last summer's players.
we still need to spend £80m.
Yes we still need to spend £82m on Sancho. Grealish plays on the left, not the right. Would United have bought him realistically? I think they were expecting to get him cheap following a possible Villa relegation.

Apart from Telles and Cavani I won't defend the buys last summer. Because United needed a CDM and a CB; just as they do now. Going after galacticos and neglecting squad build didn't work for Barcelona recently; won't work for United. Nor was Grealish worth £80m last summer; but, OK, maybe worth it now; yet fees are still hit by the lockdown & lack of gate money everywhere.

jesperjaap

Telles was a good buy at £15m. He's, arguably, the reason Shaw is playing as well as he is. So spending everything on one player would've missed out on Telles.

Amad - 20m
Pellestri - 10m
VfB - 35m
Telles - 15m
Cavani - 0m

Total - 80m - actually paid so far for last summer's players.
Yes we still need to spend £82m on Sancho. Grealish plays on the left, not the right. Would United have bought him realistically? I think they were expecting to get him cheap following a possible Villa relegation.

Apart from Telles and Cavani I won't defend the buys last summer. Because United needed a CDM and a CB; just as they do now. Going after galacticos and neglecting squad build didn't work for Barcelona recently; won't work for United. Nor was Grealish worth £80m last summer; but, OK, maybe worth it now; yet fees are still hit by the lockdown & lack of gate money everywhere.

If you are not defending the other signings I dont see what we are discussing as my whole point is why have we bought so many right wingers and still need to sign one for £80m, or were you merely saying I was massively over exaggerating over the fees as I included the Amad add ons?

As for Grealish/Sancho, Grealish did play on the right at Notts COunty, yes he plays on the left but he isnt really purely a left wigner with his style. He could play number 10 and no doubt on the right too. Sancho after all seems most effective on the left himself.

Would agree Telles fee was worthwhile as whether coincidence or not, of course Shaw has been excellent since he arrived.

On Grealish though. Why was he not worth £80m last summer and now is? I dont understand that, as his performances in the league have been equally as good both seasons, only difference I see is he has now been starring in the England side recently. I think last summer was the time to sign Grealish for sure, even at that price...maybe it isnt now unless we were making a few major sales and we already have too much to do in this window for that.

Personally and it isnt knockign or criticising our players, I think he brings that much that if he was here and settled in....he starts over Rashford (as he should in the Euros) and he even starts over Fernandes which people dont want to hear but consistent quality throughout a game and his dribbling ability edges the decisive moments of quality and workrate with great attitude we get from Fernandes.

GwilDor

Madrid could sign Mbappe and Pogba on free contracts next summer. Not bad that.
I’d probably put that free in quotation marks. No transfer (for sought after players) fee tends to be translated to higher sign-on-fee, agents fee and wages than otherwise. Dunno who Mbappes agent is, but Mino sure likes a fat paycheck. No doubt Ancelotti would welcome both though!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

He's not going to add much to the back line. If anything, he'll be a decent backup, but he's not going to play ahead of any of Skriniar, de Vrij, or Bastoni.

GwilDor

Weird choice from Everton that. Ugly choice.
I agree. They tried a flexible world class manager, and it had them flirting with the idea of CL qualification halfway through the season. Nuno is a bit like Moyes imo, and i wonder if they have been swayed by what West Ham achieved this season. I doubt he’ll do things at Everton that he could not have done at Wolves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Fiorentina's offer: 22 million Euros + 3 million Euros in bonuses
  • Stuttgart wants 25 million Euros + 5 million Euros in bonuses
  • A deal might be agreed on at 26 million Euros + 3.5 million Euros in bonuses

ti vu

Apparently we offered them Martial on loan with an option to buy.
Ask for loan fee. Very little chance he would be able to adapt at Real Madrid (fan demand and the dressing room politic). There is a chance Real Madrid would break him further, never exercise the option to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.