Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

• Dembélé's injury compels him to accept the reduced offer from Barcelona.
  • Barcelona's economic situation will force Griezmann to find a way out of the club.
Is there a market for a player exhibiting racist behaviour in this day and age? I guess we'll find out

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I could see a worse demise on them. Sadly Messi has become bigger than them and they should have let him go last year. It's going to end been a huge mistake I think.
It’s psychotic to try and hold on to him at his wages, it’s going to take years for football to recover from Covid financially, but how do they think they are even going to compete with Messi a few kids and past it players, no mind what the attitude of the squad will be when they are asked to take a pay cut for Messi the dynamic will be ruined.

when he leaves they will be a shadow of themselves and players like pedri will want to win things and look for where pep is.

Flytan

Is there a market for a player exhibiting racist behaviour in this day and age? I guess we'll find out
Seeing as all of us (including me) want to sign someone who had a DUI (Grealish) I sure hope that clubs won't blackball someone for his situation.

Womp

idiot
It’s psychotic to try and hold on to him at his wages, it’s going to take years for football to recover from Covid financially, but how do they think they are even going to compete with Messi a few kids and past it players, no mind what the attitude of the squad will be when they are asked to take a pay cut for Messi the dynamic will be ruined.

when he leaves they will be a shadow of themselves and players like pedri will want to win things and look for where pep is.
They aren't going to compete either way tbf. Even if they were to let Messi go, they are fecking broke - they wouldn't be able to sign the players required to rebuild that ageing and probably demotivated squad. That being said, Messi alone can overcome those issues and keep you somewhat competitive almost on his own at times - not to add, they would be losing a player who commercially, is probably just as big a name as the whole club now. I wouldn't be surprised if a very large sum of revenue is down to Messi alone.

They would be losing not only someone who can compensate for their shortcomings on the field at the moment, but would be losing huge interest and marketability as well.

I personally think they fecked up last year. The guy was hell bent on leaving - they forced him to stay. Last year they would have got a good transfer fee, could have invested it into the squad, began a proper rebuild. Instead, they kept a player who probably isn't even all that convinced at being there no more, surrounded by ageing and or overpaid dross.

D4X73r

Barca playing with something like this next year:
-
- - - -
- - -
Messi Aguero Depay​

Can't wait to see them win La Liga next season

M4YON

• Solskjaer has admitted the De Gea-Henderson dynamic is unsustainable for a second season and sources have reiterated Henderson, who is recovering from a hip injury, has been told he is starting next season as the number one.
  • De Gea is an obvious fall-guy for United; he is the club's highest earner and not a first-team regular anymore.

diarm

We should be in touch with players like Pedri and Frenkie and letting them know there is a proper wage waiting for them at United.

Players with that talent shouldn't be playing for peanuts to subsidise the wages of 35 year olds.

Sow the seeds now. It's might be tapping up but Barca have never worried about that when they were trying to entice the best players from other clubs.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I could see a worse demise on them. Sadly Messi has become bigger than them and they should have let him go last year. It's going to end been a huge mistake I think.
Messi has become bigger than the club itself, coupled with seeminly no financial management they’ve messed up (understatement!)

GwilDor

• Solskjaer has admitted the De Gea-Henderson dynamic is unsustainable for a second season and sources have reiterated Henderson, who is recovering from a hip injury, has been told he is starting next season as the number one.
  • De Gea is an obvious fall-guy for United; he is the club's highest earner and not a first-team regular anymore.
I’d be surprised if we don’t already have an agreement in place for either Hendo or DDG. Would make no sense to sign Heaton and give Grant a new contract unless we were certain we could sell, or worst case loan either Hendo or DDG. Guessing we’ll know before the month is over.

My thoughts:
DDG: Don’t really have any obvious clubs for him. RM, Barca, AM already have better gk, Other spanish clubs unable to give anything close to his salary. Italy maybe Inter, but Handanovic is/was captain. He would suit Mourinho style, but Roma seem to be signing Rui Patricio. PSG have all but confirmed Donnarumme.
Any sale would require us to give DDG a golden handshake imo.

Henderson: There are more and better options to use him as a part of a deal with other players we could be interested in. Most obvious choice would be Hendo+Lingard vs Rice, but i’m sure there are other options aswell.

Onerealunited

We should be in touch with players like Pedri and Frenkie and letting them know there is a proper wage waiting for them at United.

Players with that talent shouldn't be playing for peanuts to subsidise the wages of 35 year olds.

Sow the seeds now. It's might be tapping up but Barca have never worried about that when they were trying to entice the best players from other clubs.
100000% agree with this. They have several young players we could use and could build a good future one. Also given their situation they might even be more happy to negotiate a good price

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If they want Williams, a swap could make it doable.

I would actually want Ings. We don't have anyone i would call a prolific striker. Ings could be a huge asset. In his prime.
Decent squad option. Would he be happy with that?

Dan_F

Would a big club go for Danny Ings? I doubt he'd come cheap. He was brilliant in 19/20, but less so last season, with quite a few injuries. He'd be a real gamble.
I’m not sure what a club record wage would be for Southampton, but anyone signing him on a four year deal is taking a risk. At least at a big club he’s probably not going to be playing every week, so there’s more chance his body holds up.

GBBQ

Henderson: There are more and better options to use him as a part of a deal with other players we could be interested in. Most obvious choice would be Hendo+Lingard vs Rice, but i’m sure there are other options aswell.
Henderson sees himself as United’s number 1 so I can’t see him accepting West Ham. I think maybe Spurs would be the likely option in the PL.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Comments killed me :lol:
Another one after Ben White for the category of 'Thank God we lost that fight'. Only difference being that we were interested but who cares about such small details nowadays.

Devil may care

It feels to good to be true but fingers crossed!

Griezmann?

Definitely, I'm sure City and PSG will be planting seeds.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barcelona is getting rid of so many players to be able to keep Messi that they might not have enough players to put on the field :houllier: :houllier:
Regardless of Messi they need to cut their wage bill massively in order to comply with La Liga’s salary cap. Messi‘s new contract won’t be outrageous. Griezmann, Countinho et al. are currently a way bigger problem for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.