Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why aren't West Ham offering decent fees for Lingard? He was immense for them. Braindead club.
I think they're skint. Why another good club isn't showing interest is anyone's guess though.

Jesse proved he's a good player for teams around those area's yet there seems to be zero interest.

BlahRules

I think they're skint. Why another good club isn't showing interest is anyone's guess though.

Jesse proved he's a good player for teams around those area's yet there seems to be zero interest.
Reports are saying they want to buy Tammy Abraham for 30m. I think they want to get Lingard on the cheap is why they're not making an offer yet. I hope Leicester or Everton comes in for Lingard soon.

OmarUnited4ever

Please stop using this account and check the quality of your tweets before posting.
thanks ...seen too many unnecessary tweets posted like this, all these unknown transfer news aggregators, Sports witness at least provide link to their own website and the articles are well sourced, but MU or utdreport tweets are unnecessary, they just repeat what's been posted already, hope the mods can also clamp down on banned accounts

OmarUnited4ever

Isn't the source the Athletic?
I don't think that's the issue, the Athletic already has a Twitter account where they post snippets of the info in their articles, these aggregator accounts just repeat it ...and I have seen some use the Athletic to give credence to what they post..

I think it's enough to get posts from journalists accounts and news outlets accounts, no need to post these unknown aggregators

RUCK4444

Fake aggregator account I believe. Because these accounts are proving more popular, they're having copycat accounts created against them. Which is absolutely pathetic
I don't think that's the issue, the Athletic already has a Twitter account where they post snippets of the info in their articles, these aggregator accounts just repeat it ...and I have seen some use the Athletic to give credence to what they post..

I think it's enough to get posts from journalists accounts and news outlets accounts, no need to post these unknown aggregators
Ah I see, thanks for the info. Pathetic these aggregator accounts.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't mind good aggregator accounts. It's handy having ones dedicated to United so that you can follow them and get all of your news in one place. I find utdreport to be decent, but I understand why people don't like them. They have a tendency to take a line from an article and just tweet that, which when taken out of context can be interpreted differently

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think they literally just tagged the athletic to give their tweet validity. (It’s possible they didn’t, but a fair few Twitter accounts do this
This is why its generally sound to avoid aggregator accounts all together and repost directly from journo and team accounts.

Last edited:

Sylar

Ducker is a little confusing for me.

Says we want a net spend of £75-100m. Let's say £100m for the top range.

£106m is already spent on Sancho and (hopefully) Varane - £6m at least in the red then. And he says any further signings are dependent on sales, which tallies up, fair enough.

But even if we sell Pogba for our supposed asking price of £50m and Lingard for £20m, that means we would have £64m to spend to keep our net spend at £100m.

£64m and he says we'd be looking at Trippier, a DM and a Pogba replacement with that. Rice alone would probably cost that. Seems ambitious.
I can see what youre saying. It has been reported in a lot of places, that the Sancho money is being spread over a number of years (rather than all up front like we did with Maguire)
And it was even reported yesterday the Varane money is being spread over years (which is insane to think about). So that more than halves the spend already. Now obviously it works both ways as PSG might offer 50m for Pogba, but pay it over 2 or 3 seasons. I guess it depends on the structure of the deals. If we say Sancho (Atletic say 73 over 5 years)
So for this year its only 15, and then Varane (if we say its 34 over even max 2 years) 17
So weve only hit 32 of the budget this year.

Makes it all manageble to then get two more players and a possible third based on sales.

Obviously that hits future windows, but if we are getting it right this year, then next season we dont need 4-5 signings, but just the 1 or 2 (eg a striker).

Dante

Average bang
I think @mufcMPB seems quite accurate when aggregating news.

It's @mufcMBP that make things up. This is the fake account.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don't mind good aggregator accounts. It's handy having ones dedicated to United so that you can follow them and get all of your news in one place. I find utdreport to be decent, but I understand why people don't like them. They have a tendency to take a line from an article and just tweet that, which when taken out of context can be interpreted differently
Sometimes when you actually find the quote Utdreport have taken a snippet from, it really is bad from them. A small snippet from some nothing comment from Fabrizio Romano on his podcast can be interpreted as breaking news.

theklr

I can see what youre saying. It has been reported in a lot of places, that the Sancho money is being spread over a number of years (rather than all up front like we did with Maguire)
And it was even reported yesterday the Varane money is being spread over years (which is insane to think about). So that more than halves the spend already. Now obviously it works both ways as PSG might offer 50m for Pogba, but pay it over 2 or 3 seasons. I guess it depends on the structure of the deals. If we say Sancho (Atletic say 73 over 5 years)
So for this year its only 15, and then Varane (if we say its 34 over even max 2 years) 17
So weve only hit 32 of the budget this year.

Makes it all manageble to then get two more players and a possible third based on sales.

Obviously that hits future windows, but if we are getting it right this year, then next season we dont need 4-5 signings, but just the 1 or 2 (eg a striker).
From what I've heard the amount made available to transfers each window calculate the full transfer cost , not just this years outlay.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This fecking idiot thinks he's the transfer Messiah.
Maybe if they'd stop blatantly lying about every god damn thing he wouldn't receive the abuse he gets.
It's the same pathetic people, who abuse these reporters that are feeding the charlatans with their desperation. Liars exist, because people with thousands of likes and retweets for telling them what they want to hear.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

In my opinion a good thread on transfer reporting
Yep for sure. People get way too literally into thinking someone is 100% right or wrong, always good or shit, or if it doesn't happen then it was made up bullshit or something. So much of course that goes into it that it's crazy the abuse they get.

8thWonder

This fecking idiot thinks he's the transfer Messiah.
Maybe if they'd stop blatantly lying about every god damn thing he wouldn't receive the abuse he gets.
:lol: Pot kettle black... Take it you have sent some random abuse to journo's for no reason then?

8thWonder

Poor Sam. Don’t get me wrong, people abusing journalists over transfers are pathetic, but he shares that information to increase followers and his profile. He’s not doing a public service.
That's partly his point though isn't it?

It's part of his job to report transfers.Yet journo's who do this are getting a lot of flak back for just passing on messages. Should the people who are literally trying to provide info for people, then get abuse for that?

Rather than just put up or shut up, I agree, call people out for their stupidity...

youmeletsfly

:lol: Pot kettle black... Take it you have sent some random abuse to journo's for no reason then?
Nah, jeez, why would you believe that? I'm against any type of abuse as I have experienced it myself due to my nationality, especially when coming to the UK.

But I do enjoy my deep hatred for today's so called sports journalists. Deep down I think I envy them as they have basically the best job on the planet. You do nothing but spout shit in every article and get paid for it.

acnumber9

That's partly his point though isn't it?

It's part of his job to report transfers.Yet journo's who do this are getting a lot of flak back for just passing on messages. Should the people who are literally trying to provide info for people, then get abuse for that?

Rather than just put up or shut up, I agree, call people out for their stupidity...
I know, but he’s sitting atop a high horse looking sympathy about how tough his job is. He’s using the same people he’s whining about to boost his profile. People being abusive online being dicks and Sam Lee being a self interested little cry baby aren’t mutually exclusive. Like I said, he’s not doing this to perform a public service. He needs the same people obsessed with transfers that he’s complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.