Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Arsenal are spending somemore money after 50M on Ben White?
They have to. One more season in midtable and Arsenal become a bona fide midtable team.

They've already slipped behind Chelsea and Spurs as the third biggest team in London. Arsenal have to arrest that fall or disappear completely out of significance for the next 4 or 5 years at least.

They're at risk of becoming 90s Tottenham.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Strange situation really, who's making transfer decisions? If they're making transfer decisions without a manager what does that say to the any possible manager candidates.
I watched an interview with the president of the club during halftime of the Sunday game. He said they will not be rushed into selecting a manager and will be looking at people that are not currently managing another club first. I think their board is selecting an transfers.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder how Zouma's salary demands would play a part if the player himself is interested in joining Sevilla.
Zouma is currently around 50K euros for Chelsea. He would not be their most expensive player. I think they have players up around 100K per week.

Flytan

Oh, joy. Looks like I'm the only one who has to deal with this. I'm guessing it's specific to Firefox and its particular privacy settings. Oh well, it's not too big of a deal.
Looked fine on Firefox for me, so unless you edited some settings

M4YON

This is what the Tweet looks like on my end.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, by the way. Am I the only one who has to deal with this?
It's strange the tweet appears normal for me, if I click the article link and it opens fine but if i try to click on the link to the tweet it just load the Crystal Palace Twitter page rather than the actual tweet like normal.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
This is what the Tweet looks like on my end.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, by the way. Am I the only one who has to deal with this?
I'm afraid your computer is cursed. You'll have to go show it to a witch doctor.

Teja

More likely means Lingard and Dalot may be staying.
Yup fair enough, it might mean that he's satisfied with Lingard as Bruno backup and Dalot as backup RB.

No, of course not, how did you gather that from the tweet?

Massive stretch there
It's an intersection of new signings we want (CM, Backup #10, Backup RB) and players who did well on loan (Garner, Lingard, Pellestri, Dalot).

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Lyon have confirmed the fee is £14.8m up front with a potential £2.1m in add-ons...that’s a steal.
Really good deal for you guys.

I had Palace as one of the favourites for relegation this year to be honest, but so far you’ve made some decent signings.

Dante

Average bang
Is that code for Garner @ CM if no one's signed?
Lingard, most obviously. But also Garner and Laird.

Dalot might have a chance. But unlike Lingard, he's never shown himself to be good enough in the PL. And unlike Garner and Laird, he's only ever shown himself to be a bit shit at PL level.

Don't know if Pellistri and Levitt are in Ole's thoughts. But they'd both be a turn up for the books given their time away from the English football pyramid.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Dalot might have a chance. But unlike Lingard, he's never shown himself to be good enough in the PL. And unlike Garner and Laird, he only ever shown himself to be a bit shit in the PL.

Don't know if Pellistri and Levitt are in Ole's thoughts. But they'd both be a turn up for the books given their time away from the English football pyramid.
Ole confirmed after the Derby match that Pellistri will most likely be heading out on loan. I don't know about Levitt exactly, but I'd expect him to go out on loan, too.

GBBQ

Dalot might have a chance. But unlike Lingard, he's never shown himself to be good enough in the PL. And unlike Garner and Laird, he's only ever shown himself to be a bit shit at PL level.

I think it’s a catch all, vague statement from Ole. It works to encourage the lads going out on loan to play well and put themselves in Oles plans next season or to let suitors of Lingard or Dalot (for example) to know that they’re not deadwood that we need to shift on at any price.

It’s all just another example of Ole handling the press well, never throwing players under the bus and recognising the hard work of his players even if they won’t be here past September

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Pogba & Matić gone, Lindelof on the bench... This could be one of Ole's final separation from Jose's United.

If all this is done in upcoming weeks then perhaps there's still time for reinforcing midfield. Tough surgery, but could be the key in finding new strength to push further in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.