Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

With another 4 years on his contract, Villa should take them to the fecking cleaners for him. That's if they want to cash in of course
If they get £100M for him that would be crazy money in this market, and make Pep look like a hypocrite.

He is supposed to take the Bernardo Silva role it seems..
On the bench? He didn't seem to start as much last season.

Matic awaits your call Jose.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Pogba went for £93m with Addons included. Grealish has proven himself to be one of the best players in the Prem. Easily worth it, especially when you add in the English tax.

I honestly can’t remember the last player who was as hard to get off the ball, Zidane? You can give Grealish the ball and be safe in the knowledge that he’s going to carry it forward, find a good pass or draw a foul. Very few players have that ability. The number of fouls he draws is nuts.

Isn’t he first for the number of chances created last season?
No, Bruno and Mount created more.

Withnail

They have bought well this year and that pretty highly rated winger from Norwich, granted he isn’t on Grealish level. And they will have another 100M to spend. Like you said, they will evaluate all things but i think they’ll sell eventually
Oh have they? I haven't been paying attention to that much beyond Sancho and Varane to be honest. You could be right - 100m is a lot of money. especially this year.

CH23

If they get £100M for him that would be crazy money in this market, and make Pep look like a hypocrite.
He already is. He claimed a few months ago that City did not have any money for a striker to replace Aguero. Now they are chasing 2 !!! £100 million players in Kane and Grealish.

Dazzmondo

Buendia was a very good signing but Grealish is a top player. Villa will be a lot weaker without him. £100m isn't at all surprising. When you consider West Ham want £90m for Rice it sounds like a steal compared frankly. Ultimately he'll just be another rotation option for City though. A lot to pay for a position where they already have so much talent.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
100M for Grealish is mental, you could get 2 Ben White for that kind of money :eek:
From a City pov, that's a waste they could easily keep challenging for the league with their current set of midfielders while adding Kane.

Dazzmondo

Is there any suggestion that Bale will be leaving Real, even if only on loan? Seems unlikely that they would keep him at Real considering they need to cut their wage bill. Personally think he still offered quite a lot last season, certainly enough for a decent Prem club to take him on a discounted loan.

sparx99

I imagine you could see Grealish on the LW a fair bit for CIty. Sterling maybe goes through the middle this season and Mahrez on the RW. Then Foden, Jesus, Bernardo (if he stays) and Torres are rotation options.

De Bruyne, Gundogan, Rodri midfield with Fernandinho rotating. I know Foden and Bernardo can play in a midfield three but they look a CM light to me.

Dazzmondo

I imagine you could see Grealish on the LW a fair bit for CIty. Sterling maybe goes through the middle this season and Mahrez on the RW. Then Foden, Jesus, Bernardo (if he stays) and Torres are rotation options.

De Bruyne, Gundogan, Rodri midfield with Fernandinho rotating. I know Foden and Bernardo can play in a midfield three but they look a CM light to me.
Foden was getting most of his game time on the left. I expect there will be massive rotation between Grealish, Foden and Sterling this season. Bear in mind most City fans wanted Foden to have significantly more gametime this season too

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
100 million for Grealish to become another rotation cog. Madness.
He's not going to be a rotation cog. I mean pep rotates but he's not going to walk in as a squad player. He will be another KDB in the team, it's quite obvious.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's not going to be a rotation cog. I mean pep rotates but he's not going to walk in as a squad player. He will be another KDB in the team, it's quite obvious.
David Silva replacement to be precise

Dazzmondo

Grealish absolutely will not be a KDB. KDB plays pretty much every game he's available. Grealish will not be that type of player. Grealish will be like Mahrez. A very talented player but one that will continue to be frequently rotated throughout the season.

sparx99

But then what? Leave out Gundogan who was their best player (other than Dias) most of last season. I don't see Gundogan, De Bruyne and Grealish in a midfield three as there isn't much tackling in there.

Maybe De Bruyne plays false 9? If they get Kane as well then it would be an embarrassment of riches.

Sterling Kane Mahrez

Grealish Rodri De Bruyne

Zinchenko Dias Stones Walker

Ederson

2nd XI

Foden Jesus Torres

Gundogan Fernandinho Bernardo Silva

Mendy Laporte Ake Cancelo

Steffen

oggy boy

I think Grealish will play false 9 role.

Foden/Jesus Mahrez/Sterling
Grealish/Torres

Gundo/Silva KDB
Rodri/Dinho

LB CB CB RB
GK

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You can buy a lot of players for 100M pounds. Jack is a really good dribbler and draws a lot of fouls outside the box. I don't think AV will miss him that much with the players they can bring in with that amount of money.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pep will still somehow fail to win CL final next year

Given the state of Barca / Madrid right now...it's literally down to Bayern, PSG or a PL club. City unfortunately are going to win eventually.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: More info
  • Agreement reached between the clubs
    • Price: 8 million Euros + 3 million Euros in bonuses
    • 15% of the fee divided between Genoa and Padova, Lovato's former clubs
  • No connection with Romero's transfer situation

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This popped up out of nowhere yesterday. I wonder if there is something in this.

Source: TNT Sports (Fred Caldeira)
  • United are demanding 25 million Euros.
  • Fenerbahce want United to reduce the price.
  • Another unnamed Premier League club is interested in Pereira.
  • Pereira prefers to leave permanently rather than be loaned out again.

bucky

Andre Onana's move to Lyon coming close, according to L'Equipe, which states they will pay Ajax a €6m fee plus bonuses.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Grealish absolutely will not be a KDB. KDB plays pretty much every game he's available. Grealish will not be that type of player. Grealish will be like Mahrez. A very talented player but one that will continue to be frequently rotated throughout the season.
I see the Mahrez comparison but Grealish is more positionally versatile than Mahrez is. Mahrez came in as a traditional right winger and has adapted his game since when being called up. Grealish will come in as a player not reliant on explosive pace or a touchline hugging winger, but someone comfortable anywhere in midfield so long as it's not too deep. I see more of a D. Silva sort of impact from him than a Mahrez one.
But then what? Leave out Gundogan who was their best player (other than Dias) most of last season. I don't see Gundogan, De Bruyne and Grealish in a midfield three as there isn't much tackling in there.
No one would have predicted KDB and D. Silva sharing central midfield but that's what Pep does.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This popped up out of nowhere yesterday. I wonder if there is something in this.

He'd be a good JWP replacement if he goes to Villa.

48 hours

be shocked if we get €25 million for him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Villa could get Lingard, JWP and Leon Bailey just by selling Grealish. Absolute no brainer if you ask me. Grealish is the better player of the 4 but he's not better than those three combined. His stats for Villa aren't incredible either.

Status
Not open for further replies.