Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Agreed, I think Bellingham will sign a new deal this year on better terms and won‘t want to move himself for at least the next couple of seasons.
Yeah, I think he'll sign a deal with a high release clause

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He signed a new deal at the end of June which runs until '25.
It seems fairly likely that was just an extension option, negotiated with his initial signing (because minors can't sign long term contracts), that Dortmund triggered when he turned 18. So there is a decent chance his current contract doesn't match his impressive development.

Mentality Monsters

Dortmund need to be careful. If they start playing hardball with selling players, then youngsters might just think twice before going there.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The policy at Dortmund appears to be one out per summer so don't see Bellingham following Haaland out next year. Man Utd need to be all over Bellingham when he decides to return to England though, he is going to be one of the best midfield players in the world. I would assume every club in the top six will want him.

Withnail

The policy at Dortmund appears to be one out per summer so don't see Bellingham following Haaland out next year. Man Utd need to be all over Bellingham when he decides to return to England though, he is going to be one of the best midfield players in the world. I would assume every club in the top six will want him.
Such a shame we couldn't persuade him to join us when he went to Dortmund.

GBBQ

Such a shame we couldn't persuade him to join us when he went to Dortmund.
I think Sancho and Halland are proving that Dortmund is the ideal club for wonderkids to join. Its the right profile, CL mostly guaranteed every season, play attacking football and trust in youth players but ultimately are happy to balance the books by selling at the right time and for the right price.

Bellingham will come good in Dortmund and be ready to walk into any midfield by the time he leaves. If he went directly to United he'd probably be getting rotated with McFred but really doubt he'd have got the 46 appearances he got last season. Yes we will pay much more to buy him from Dortmund than from Birmingham but we'd also be buying the finished article instead of having to mold him ourselves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Mundo Deportivo (Fernando Polo)
  • New contract offered 2 weeks ago
    • 2-year contract
  • Sergi Roberto rejected the offer because the salary reduction was too much for him.
  • Sergi Roberto prefers to stay but not under all conditions

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

• 2-year contract
  • Sergi Roberto rejected the offer because the salary reduction was too much for him.
JL: Hey Sergi, we desperately want you here, but you need to take a 95% pay cut. When you turn 50 we will give you a high paying ambassadorial role in Denmark. But now we need money for toilet paper, floodlights during training (Sergio is already complaining) and removing all Messi merch around the city. I must stress, we really value you. Really. Value. You.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sport1
  • Rüdiger's brother, Sahr Senesie, currently negotiating with Granovskaia
  • If Chelsea want to keep him, they may have to pay him more
    • Rüdiger not one of the top earners
  • Rüdiger's kept his future open; he hasn't shown a preference for Chelsea.
    • Will take his time on his final decision
  • Several top clubs are monitoring his situation.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
JL: Hey Sergi, we desperately want you here, but you need to take a 95% pay cut. When you turn 50 we will give you a high paying ambassadorial role in Denmark. But now we need money for toilet paper, floodlights during training (Sergio is already complaining) and removing all Messi merch around the city. I must stress, we really value you. Really. Value. You.
Looks like Barcelona may have progressed on that front.

SAF is the GOAT

Maybe it's only me but I miss the presentation of the shirt with the player and SAF in OT. They have to bring it back.

meamth

Source: Sport1
  • Rüdiger's brother, Sahr Senesie, currently negotiating with Granovskaia
  • Chelsea want to keep may have to pay him more
    • Rüdiger not one of the top earners
  • Rüdiger's kept his future open; he hasn't shown a preference for Chelsea.
    • Will take his time on his final decision
  • Several top clubs are monitoring his situation.
Deserves it IMO. Very underrated.

He should be paid as one of the top defenders in the world.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

• 2-year contract
Weren’t they touting that he and other “captains” would agree salary reduction?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Barkley earns £110k/week.
  • Chelsea offered Barkley on loan to West Brom, who rejected him out of reluctance to finance a move for him (loan fee + wages).
  • Barkley is registered in Chelsea's squad, but his number was given to Kovacic with Barkley now having #18.
Tuchel on Barkley and his challenges:
He tried to go on loan again, to find a club, but it is not easy. The situation out there, the financial impact from corona to clubs abroad and clubs also within the country is huge. It's not easy to find clubs who are able to invest. It's hard to see people struggling and struggling with the situation. But the quality that Ross brings to the pitch could help a lot of clubs in Europe.

He (Barkley) accepts the situation that it was not an over-performance from him at Aston Villa, so he cannot demand that we rely on him as the top midfielder in the next season. I'm sure that he himself worries a lot about the situation. ‘How can it come so far that right now I'm like in between the chairs and don't really know where I belong and what my role is?’ All I say is that, for example, with him, and with Ruben Loftus-Cheek, I'm super happy. We had the in-house game here and the two did fantastic. They trained very, very well despite their personal situations, which is maybe sometimes not the nicest one to have as a competitor, as a boy who has dreams, high hopes and loves his sport. He does not have to love the situation, but he needs to accept it in a positive way. This is what I feel from him and, hopefully, he can keep this spirit up.

Normally you expect – and this is not a secret – somebody to go on loan from Chelsea to Aston Villa that he is the main guy at Aston Villa and then he comes back and takes the next steps. This has not happened, so maybe there is a long way to go, but you never know. He has the ability, so let’s see. It's never too late and I will give him the support that I can. We need to wait and have patience.
Basically, it looks like Tuchel brought in Saúl as he doesn't really want to rely on Barkley and Loftus-Cheek for the central midfield role, but he still see some use for those two players this season (somehow).

Status
Not open for further replies.