Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Marotta on Lautaro's extension:
It's a matter of days, we are working on the details of his extensions and that of others. The announcement will arrive soon.

Lautaro arrived very young and he confirmed his ability and quality. He deserves to have a contract in line with his performances. This is our stance with him and other players.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

I'm starting to find their arrogance quite annoying, it was funny when they were/are bullying Barca, but the way they're acting with regards to Mbappe isn't sitting right with me for some reason.

Either way, from the looks of that quote, it means they're selling him mid season, or Leonardo is going to start wearing a blindfold.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Uh oh, looks like Chelsea will have to go all in for Koundé and maybe another defender for the future.

Let him go if he wants to go. There is no shortage of players at his position.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
I'm starting to find their arrogance quite annoying, it was funny when they were/are bullying Barca, but the way they're acting with regards to Mbappe isn't sitting right with me for some reason.

Either way, from the looks of that quote, it means they're selling him mid season, or Leonardo is going to start wearing a blindfold.
How are they arrogant? They don't want to sell the player unless Madrid meet their terms, like any other team would/should. How would you feel if PSG tried to buy say a Man United player still under contract by low-balling an offer? As for Barca, they started the feud with PSG by tapping up Thiago Silva and Marco Verratti, and PSG simply retaliated. Barca were not blameless in that saga.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
How are they arrogant? They don't want to sell the player unless Madrid meet their terms, like any other team would/should. How would you feel if PSG tried to buy say a Man United player still under contract by low-balling an offer? As for Barca, they started the feud with PSG by tapping up Thiago Silva and Marco Verratti, and PSG simply retaliated. Barca were not blameless in that saga.
How are they arrogant?

Leonardo can't see Mbappe leaving at the end of the season even though he's out of contract? Mbappe has made it know he's a massive Madrid fan, all signs point to that, it's either arrogance or delusion for him to say that.

In the summer the owner pretty much said Mbappe won't be sold and he won't leave, again arrogance or just delusion as Mbappe has less than a year left on their contract, the way that club/people at the top is/are the definition of arrogant/arrogance.

I also wouldn't call €160-€200m a low ball offer for someone in the last year of their contract, now PSG had every right to reject it, which they did, but again spouting the stuff they currently on is arrogant.

Didn't say Barca were blameless did I? I actually suggested I laughed at what PSG did to them, as Barca and Real are also extremely arrogant in the way they go about player acquisitions.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As per El Larguero, Barcelona is negotiating with Jorge Mendes for the renewal of Ansu Fati. It will NOT be anything imminent. The player, who ends his contract in June 2022, has already communicated the will to continue because he wants to triumph at Camp Nou.
Source:
Breaking News | Reported by Sique Rodríguez and Adrià Albets on Què T'hi Jugues

Mendes is in Barcelona to negotiate the renewal of Ansu Fati and will meet with Barça in the next few hours Ansu had dinner with Mendes yesterday, as he told El Larguero, and has told him that he wants to renew.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Dani Alves is now a free agent.

He did recently play for the Brazil national team, so this is a bit of a surprise. I wonder where he'll end up at this point. Maybe the Middle East?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Looks like Ducker himself is adding in wages with their add-ons included in order to get that £387.12m figure.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Got to think we’ll be getting some big new commercial deals this year though with the training sponsor etc post Ronaldo signing.
I think that's why they went in for Ronaldo, honestly. There's massive potential for a large sponsorship with him in the team.

I also looked at our cash flow statements, and we started with ~£110m at the start of the summer transfer window. Given that we paid for all 3 via instalments (Ronaldo being €3m per year!), we theoretically did have enough money to spend on another signing in the same window (via the usual instalment structure, of course). However, given all of the talk about selling before buying, I wouldn't be surprised if United are trying to build up their funds for a Haaland transfer. If they were to trigger his release clause next summer, they'd likely have to pay it all up front.

Teja

Looks like Ducker himself is adding in wages with their add-ons included in order to get that £387.12m figure.
Think this is still acceptable levels. The wage to turnover is a bit of a red herring from an exceptional year. We were at ~350M a couple of years ago before we trimmed our wages and went down to ~285M or so last year. At the same time Pool, City are at ~325M per yr, 350M per yr each.

~325M for 20/21 is a bit of a reversion to the mean (matching Pool's wages). 380M+ is new highs but hopefully the revenues coming back post COVID and the Ronaldo effect mean we can still afford to spend that much. It'll be the highest wages in the league (world?) assuming City / Pool don't do anything crazy signings wise in Jan, so yet another data point that suggests we should be challenging for the title.

Most of the contract renewals / new signings (atleast the ones that are big enough to show up in the overall wage numbers) happened under Ole at this point. Only DDG / Pogba are the exceptions I think?

SAFMUTD

Uh oh, looks like Chelsea will have to go all in for Koundé and maybe another defender for the future.

This issue about players running down their contracts is getting more and more common. It wouldn't surprise me if an under the table pact was made between the top clubs to stop players from twisting the clubs hand.

Also I don't think Rudiger is valued as a top CB, he strikes me more as a system player. Before Tuchel he wasn't particularly liked at Chelsea so I doubt there'll be many teams willing to double his wages.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s funny how Raiola seems to do most of his talking when the transfer window is shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.