Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussia Teeth

We should be all over Kessie in January. He would be a considerable upgrade over either of McFred.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sky Germany via Fussballeck

Sven Mislintat on Stuttgart's potential to sign Mavropanos:
We have a purchase obligation of three million euros if we stay in the league and a free purchase option if we don’t reach our class target. In both cases, we would have the chance to take him. It’s relatively clear what will happen with him.
So this "free purchase option" doesn't mean that Stuttgart can acquire Mavropanos for free. It just means that they have free will to trigger the €3m purchase option if they can't stay up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: TV3 Sport

Christensen on his contract situation:
It’s hard to say how things will end up. There is a lot of talk. I will not say too much, but I think it looks good. I am happy to be at Chelsea.
Christensen was also happy about his "big" role at Chelsea but accepts that the situation can change if others start to impress.

Blood Mage

If I were the Glazers I'd wait to see how the season pans out before giving Ole another penny to spend.

Chairman Steve

Interesting to see what has caused him to change to staying in that case… whether he thinks the Utd team is pretty good now

or Juve and Real arent the greatest looking prospects now

or maybe something else… change of manager soon?

Blood Mage

Our manager is currently benching him for Scott McTominay so I'm genuinely surprised he wants to stick around. Maybe he thinks he can outlast Ole?

dinostar77

Interesting to see what has caused him to change to staying in that case… whether he thinks the Utd team is pretty good now

Probably that Madrid his dream move wont happen as Madrid probably going all in to land Haaland and Mbappe next summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our manager is currently benching him for Scott McTominay so I'm genuinely surprised he wants to stick around. Maybe he thinks he can outlast Ole?
Do people genuinely thnk that this is the thought process of footballers?

Baring in mind Pogba is in his prime, does he really think that he’s just gonna plod around for the next year or two in the hope that Ole may or may not go?

Would he really stay here if he didn’t think United could challenge? The quicker and more career saving move if you will would be to move. No major footballer stays somewhere in the hope that the manager gets sacked, that’s fan fantasy land talk that is. Heck, Pogba may even like Ole and believe he’s the right man for the job? Ever think about that?

Infra-red

Baring in mind Pogba is in his prime, does he really think that he’s just gonna plod around for the next year or two in the hope that Ole may or may not go?

Would he really stay here if he didn’t think United could challenge? The quicker and more career saving move if you will would be to move. No major footballer stays somewhere in the hope that the manager gets sacked, that’s fan fantasy land talk that is. Heck, Pogba may even like Ole and believe he’s the right man for the job? Ever think about that?
I expect him (and Raiola) to go wherever the money is. I don't think that United will offer the most, but I suppose we do pay some pretty crazy salaries, so it can't entirely be ruled out.

Anustart89

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ose-mourinho-after-another-round-of-criticism

“Around the club … they all supported me fully. So I felt the backing from the club. Not the manager at that point but I knew, if time came in, I would be able to outlast him and I have and I can just focus on getting better and improving.”

GBBQ

Wilfully ignorant and naive to think players don't believe they can outlast a manager so dig in, player power is real.
Exactly. The average tenure of a PL manager is around 2 years and United are on their 4th full time manager since 2013. Pogba could well see two outcomes to signing a new contract; Ole delivers silverware this season or next or he'll have a new manager by the time he is 30.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Luke Shaw literally said the same thing about Mourinho

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Or realistically United offer him the most money

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Robertd0803

Finally the question of whether Rashford will bench Mbappe can be answered. Who needs trophies with that kind of content.
Where did the possibility of Mbappe joining us come from? Or was it just a random question asked of Varane?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Where did the possibility of Mbappe joining us come from? Or was it just a random question asked of Varane?
Varane was just asked about his thoughts on Mbappé's future. There's nothing in Mbappé potentially joining United, especially after his recent comments about Real Madrid being the only club he'd join after PSG.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Venezia join Spezia in the race to sign the free agent goalkeeper Sergio Romero.

EDIT: English Tweet

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Express.de

Timo Werner on the British reports about setting a deadline for himself on deciding his future:
I don’t know anything about the deadline. Of course, I can’t be satisfied if I don’t play. Of course, I want to be a regular in a big team. But I’m not saying that if I don’t start 10 or 15 games before Christmas, I really want to leave. Things happen relatively quickly in football. I have to look at the bigger picture to make my decision.
Timo Werner on his agent change:
I didn’t choose Volker because he has some players and the coach in Munich. I repositioned myself with him to get a new perspective on my career. This should not be interpreted as a hint for or against Bayern. It just worked out well between us. It wasn’t about which club might be of interest to me in the future. It was just about the interpersonal basis. The cooperation so far has been very good.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The United rumour is reported by Il Milanista in this article, but they only discuss the prospects and don't necessarily highlight any movement on our or the player's end. What I want to focus on, however, is the quote from Milan's chairmain Paolo Scaroni, which he gave on Radio 24 and relayed by Calciomercato.it:
These are choices made above all by Maldini and Gazidis. I am in favour of a relationship between the club and professionals but if they have requests that we cannot bear, we will make other decisions and wish them good luck.
Looks like Milan are indeed open to losing Kessié if he doesn't meet their demands.

stevoc

Venezia join Spezia in the race to sign the free agent goalkeeper Sergio Romero.

EDIT: English Tweet
And to think not so long ago there was a balloon on here saying we should have sold DeGea and kept Romero as he was a better keeper.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Voetbal Primeur

Highly rated U.S. striker Ricardo Pepi talks about wanting to play in Europe sooner than later.
It would be good for both my family and me to play in Europe. I think now is the time to do that. We still have six or seven games to play with FC Dallas. And if the chance to go to Europe come by, that would be good. Certainly, it (the Eredivisie) is a competition where many young players play. I am still young and have a lot to learn.

I would like to play at Real Madrid one day. Or Chelsea, or another big club. But the Dutch league has a lot of potential and is beneficial for young players. There is a lot of interest.
@WI_Red @Zaphod2319 @bosskeano

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
FUTURE OF GAVI

Barça has started talks with Gavi's entourage and is talking to his representative to renew his contract, which ends in 2023, and improve his conditions.

The idea is to have a first team spot [established] next year.

Reported by: Adrià Albets

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Robertd0803

Varane was just asked about his thoughts on Mbappé's future. There's nothing in Mbappé potentially joining United, especially after his recent comments about Real Madrid being the only club he'd join after PSG.
Thanks, have been off the caf and not been paying much attention to sports last few days and thought Id missed something major.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thanks, have been off the caf and not been paying much attention to sports last few days and thought Id missed something major.
My comment was more making fun of the constant Rashford is better than Mbappe talk which I find rather boring.

I personally think there's a snowflake's chance in hell he joins us.

Jibbs

The United rumour is reported by Il Milanista in this article, but they only discuss the prospects and don't necessarily highlight any movement on our or the player's end. What I want to focus on, however, is the quote from Milan's chairmain Paolo Scaroni, which he gave on Radio 24 and relayed by Calciomercato.it:

Looks like Milan are indeed open to losing Kessié if he doesn't meet their demands.
Him along with Rice will be two really good additions to United lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.