Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Meczyki

Fabianski on whether there were any contract renewal talks:
From what I know, there have been some initial discussions already taking place. I hope that we will come to a good solution for both sides. I do not see any reasons for it to be otherwise, since the club and I are happy with this cooperation.

That’s right. It’s not just West Ham’s policy that footballers of a certain age extend from season to season. This is actually a logical solution for many reasons. Of course, the most important thing in all this is health and sports level. If I can manage these aspects, I see no problem in extending the contract.
On Benfica approaching him:
Yes, it’s true. This was after my first season at West Ham. People from Benfica contacted me directly and said they were interested in me. They wanted to talk about the details, so I redirected them to my agent. He was already in further talks, but to be honest I did not take this proposal seriously. I believed in West Ham’s project all the time. I felt that we were going to grow. And I didn’t want to change the league. The Premier League is the pinnacle of a footballer’s dreams. I feel good enough that I can still play a little bit here.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Barça wants to push with the renewal of Ousmane Dembélé. At the moment his representative does NOT have a deadline to respond, but the club will try to close the matter during the month of November. Key weeks.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Source:

The translated Antón Meana quotes from the Sport Witness article:

So Rüdiger apparently wants €250k/week...no wonder Chelsea are reluctant to pay him.
If that is €12m gross that Rüdiger is asking for then Bayern will have no issue paying that and letting Süle walk.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The "clean" from Meana seems to imply that the amount is net, not gross. At least, that's how I interpret it.
I thought about the „clean“ part as well but then i thought „nah, he can’t be asking for that much net.“ :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The "clean" from Meana seems to imply that the amount is net, not gross. At least, that's how I interpret it.
Yeah, clean means net. In Spain 12 million net is 23 gross

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Still not quite sure why we didn't sign Trippier, we were after him all summer then couldn't find the money for him, despite having a lot of sellable assets wasting away. Rice would've been incredibly difficult to pull off, probably will be even next year, they want over £100m for him and he's on a ridiculously long contract.

AltiUn

This is not far off the truth, Trippier and Rice would have bolstered us in ways Sancho and Ronaldo have not.
Still would've signed Ronaldo if given the chance, considering Cavani's injury record and Greenwood still looking a few years away. Sancho we could've missed out on considering he's already been relegated to a bench option and we have a plethora of young, talented wingers.

Those 2 additions complete our team and make it so there's no discernable weakness, not having them isn't the reason we're doing so badly though, the way we're setting up is one of the biggest culprits. Teams have figured a very effective way of beating us and we've not adapted to deal with it.

padzilla

Hipster
Still would've signed Ronaldo if given the chance, considering Cavani's injury record and Greenwood still looking a few years away. Sancho we could've missed out on considering he's already been relegated to a bench option and we have a plethora of young, talented wingers.

Those 2 additions complete our team and make it so there's no discernable weakness, not having them isn't the reason we're doing so badly though, the way we're setting up is one of the biggest culprits. Teams have figured a very effective way of beating us and we've not adapted to deal with it.
Yeah fair point, Ronaldo is a no-brainer but Sancho is a problem already, we signed a player for the bulk of our transfer budget in an area we were already reasonably strong in instead of addressing the massive issue in midfield and on the right side of our defence.
I guess we still haven't stopped signing players for their Instagram-ability instead of what we actually need.

stevoc

Still not quite sure why we didn't sign Trippier, we were after him all summer then couldn't find the money for him, despite having a lot of sellable assets wasting away. Rice would've been incredibly difficult to pull off, probably will be even next year, they want over £100m for him and he's on a ridiculously long contract.
Atletico wanted like £30m for Trippier and West Ham wanted £80-90m for Rice. That's probably why we didn't sign them.

Also turned out some of our assets like Lingard, Dalot etc. weren't that sellable.

stevoc

A plethora? Do we really, Rashford and ....?

We know Greenwood isn't a winger he can play there but he's clearly still just a striker playing out wide looking for a shot almost every chance he gets. Martial can play there too to a lesser extent.

AltiUn

Atletico wanted like £30m for Trippier and West Ham wanted £80-90m for Rice. That's probably why we didn't sign them.

Also turned out some of our assets like Lingard, Dalot etc. weren't that sellable.
I acknowledged why we didn’t go for Rice, I still don’t there’s any excuse for signing Trippier though.

It was quite widely reported that teams wanted players like Lingard and Dalot, we just set the asking price too high, they aren’t the only ones though. We also blocked moves for van de Beek who doesn’t even look like a sub anymore. There’s also players like Martial, Bailly and Henderson that are barely featuring and would likely have suitors.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Looks like Newcastle United are inquiring about every decent football director available in football.
New York or Newcastle, not exactly a tough choice is it. One of the most vibrant cities in the world Vs Englands answer to mordor.

AltiUn

A plethora? Do we really, Rashford and ....?

We know Greenwood isn't a winger he can play there but he's clearly still just a striker playing out wide looking for a shot almost every chance he gets. Martial can play there too to a lesser extent.
Diallo, Elanga. You absolutely have to include Greenwood in that list, he’s been our starting RW for 2 years and excelled in that position. We also had James who we sold to make room for Sancho too. That’s also not taking into consideration Pellistri who we signed for £10m.

More to the point we've not actually even played Sancho on the right anyway, he's played on the left for us far more often.

stevoc

Diallo, Elanga. You absolutely have to include Greenwood in that list, he’s been our starting RW for 2 years and excelled in that position. We also had James who we sold to make room for Sancho too. That’s also not taking into consideration Pellistri who we signed for £10m.

More to the point we've not actually even played Sancho on the right anyway, he's played on the left for us far more often.

I was thinking just first team players. Elanga and Diallo are not ready, I have doubts Pellestri will ever play a game for us.

I include Greenwood as a wide option sure I just don't consider him a winger.

Fair enough Sancho hasn't played much on the right but I reckon that's been because of a perfect storm of adjusting to a new league, Rashfords injury, Ronaldo joining etc.

stevoc

I acknowledged why we didn’t go for Rice, I still don’t there’s any excuse for signing Trippier though.

It was quite widely reported that teams wanted players like Lingard and Dalot, we just set the asking price too high, they aren’t the only ones though. We also blocked moves for van de Beek who doesn’t even look like a sub anymore. There’s also players like Martial, Bailly and Henderson that are barely featuring and would likely have suitors.

Only Dalot and Lingard were really being pitched around for sale though. No one wanted to pay money for Dalot bar maybe Dortmund by which time it was too late to get Trippier.

Lingard yeah teams wanted him sure but it was widely reported he wanted to stay for whatever reason.

Plus I reckon we could have afforded Trippier without sales. The club just deemed his price tag too high for 31 year old.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

That Sun article was written by Neil Custis, by the way, who some of us (including I) would consider one of the more reliable Sun journalists covering United.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

That Sun article was written by Neil Custis, by the way, who some of us (including I) would consider one of the more reliable Sun journalists covering United.
I always thought he got a bad rap on here

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I always thought he got a bad rap on here
The Caf likes to meme on him, but I don't recall his articles being dismissed immediately too often. I remember when he wrote an article about us being close to signing Trippier in the summer, and people took that seriously (including I).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Globo Esporte

Flamengo vice-president Rodrigo Tostes on potentially signing Pereira:
I don’t know if Flamengo are going to buy him or not, it’s not even being discussed internally yet, there’s a huge deadline for us to look at this. What I can say is: Do Flamengo have the capacity to buy an athlete worth €20m today? Totally. There’s certainly the potential for that.

There is no lack of people wanting to lend money to Flamengo, they can generate this revenue. But a series of other factors need to be considered, which you will have to give up in order to eventually be able to make this investment. Now, buying potential, we bought Pedro now for €14m. Are Flamengo able to buy another €20m athlete? Totally. Now, what has to be studied is whether this makes sense within the logic I explained to you, this positive spiral of having a super winning team and this team continuing, creating related revenues, being able to continue making investments, and not putting all the investment inside a basket, for example.

Are Flamengo able to buy an athlete worth €30m? They have conditions. But then the athlete gets hurt. This is what football planning points out. So it’s not a matter of financial planning, it’s much bigger planning done by football, with finance, with the club president. If you take Flamengo’s investment in recent years in athlete purchases, it’s much bigger than €20m a year. So, they are able to buy. The question is whether it makes sense within this strategy that was set up.

Devil may care

Rice and Trippier weren't going to improve the coaching, it's at a point right now where journos are just looking at every possible angle to give them an Ole/United headline for clicks and views.

nainaisson

Well, some of us (including me) consider him to be a clown who's wrong 99.9% of the time, which indicates that he's really just a compulsive liar posing as a "journalist".

youmeletsfly

Well, some of us (including me) consider him to be a clown who's wrong 99.9% of the time, which indicates that he's really just a compulsive liar posing as a "journalist".
I think your description kinda covers 90% of journalists these days.

roseguy64

Sorry but it would be absolute lunacy to have paid the price Madrid were demanding for Trippier.

Status
Not open for further replies.