Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Mount has yet to start contract talks with Chelsea.
    • The talks may start at the end of the season.
    • Mount has 2.5 years left on his current contract.
    • Mount is happy with his current situation in the club.
  • Players in the last year of their contracts
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
      • Tuchel to recommend an extension
    • Thiago Silva
      • Tuchel to recommend an extension
    • Andreas Christensen
      • Talks are back on.
      • Chelsea are open to negotiating the contract length.
    • Antonio Rüdiger
      • More uncertainty here
      • Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and PSG are all linked to him.
  • Reece James can get a pay rise & an extra year in his current contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: SportBILD

Borussia Mönchengladbach director Max Eberl on his response to a potential Newcastle United approach:
That is not my intention. I want to work under conditions that are subject to a certain logic and development. And not according to the motto: What’s the cost of the world?! I would show him (Newcastle’s owner) the necessary respect, listen to his plan and then wish him a nice day.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ousmane Dembélé
People close to the player believe that he will renew despite the fact that his agent, Moussa Sissoko, has taken his time and awaits specific movements from the Premier [League]. Yesterday, Xavi made it clear: the Frenchman is a key piece and must continue. Barça remains optimistic.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Manchester United made no direct approach to PSG to sign Mauricio Pochettino. The situation is still the same: the Argentinian has a contract until 2023 and has not asked to leave the French capital. Paris has no plans to part with him for the moment.
EDIT: More info in English

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Ederson on whether he'd consider leaving Man. City:
No, here I’m very well. Because my dream was always to play in the Premier League, so when interest arose I didn’t think twice, I already told my agent: I want to play in the Premier League. Even before I left Benfica, I said I only leave here to play in the Premier League. So here I feel fulfilled today. As a person, as a professional, as a family guy I feel very fulfilled. I’m happy in the city, my family is happy, super adapted. My kids too, my kids love the school they go to. So I’m super adapted. I have no reason to think of any other place than City.
On which Brazilian teammate he'd like to bring to Man. City:
I’d bring the pigeon [i.e. Richarlison]. For the chats.

ti vu

Let’s add actual top class defenders instead of the likes of Kounde.
I am all for it, but I don't see it's feasible. I don't see a top class one available. Kounde very low wage means he's motivated to move. Just pay what Sevilla value him, and he's attainable.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Canal Plus commentary (via Foot Mercato)

Rudi Garcia on the United links:
They say I’m at Manchester, I’m there (laughs). I’m here to comment (on the match). Quite simply, I am not used to commenting on rumours of negotiations with clubs so I have nothing to say on that subject. It is a great European club but once again I do not confirm or deny these rumours or this information.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
And Poch took Spurs to the final and finished top 4 more often than not, finishing higher than teams spending multiples more in transfers. Not to forget he did that in the Premier League itself.

Sounds like ETH isn't as proven as Poch but because hes unknown as a quantity hes a bit sexier.
And had an abysmal record against the top 4 whilst claiming he didn't need to win trophies.

No to Poch thank you. He's Moyes in a posh frock. Managed to finish third in a two horse race in 2016, managed to come 2nd in a one team league last year. He's not a winner.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And had an abysmal record against the top 4 whilst claiming he didn't need to win trophies.

No to Poch thank you. He's Moyes in a posh frock. Managed to finish third in a two horse race in 2016, managed to come 2nd in a one team league last year. He's not a winner.
He wasn't expected to win in those games though. And it's not like he always failed to beat them. He's beaten Conte whilst he looked unbeatable. He's beaten Pep. I'm not sure what random miracles people expected with Spurs but whatever.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He wasn't expected to win in those games though. And it's not like he always failed to beat them. He's beaten Conte whilst he looked unbeatable. He's beaten Pep. I'm not sure what random miracles people expected with Spurs but whatever.
Actually he was expected to win those games.

You can't refer to Spurs as constantly getting into the top 4 under him without realising that the expectations then get raised to suit, regardless of how much they've spent compared to others.

If they were a top 4 four team, they were expected to win against top 4 rivals.

He consistently sets up against big teams like Mourinho does, which means no thank you from me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Actually he was expected to win those games.
Not really. He wasn't expected to beat Klopp's Liverpool or Pep's City or Conte's Chelsea (even though he did beat the latter 2 on occasion). Us maybe he could have done better against but even still, these are clubs that spent way more than he did. Somehow you think he should be putting them to the sword more. Weird.
You can't refer to Spurs as constantly getting into the top 4 under him without realising that the expectations then get raised to suit, regardless of how much they've spent compared to others.
I can refer to that in the context of over achievement, which it was. What you're now saying is "oh he didn't go one more than that and beat big clubs that spent more money on a more regular basis". That's clutching at more straws than a masturbating strawman.
If they were a top 4 four team, they were expected to win against top 4 rivals.
That's not how being a top 4 team works. He was top 4 because he was more consistent in overall league results than the traditional top 4 sides whenever they fell out of Champions League spots.
He consistently sets up against big teams like Mourinho does, which means no thank you from me.
When you have that front 3 who might as well have a smoke than high press, of course you need to be pragmatic. If you want a game to beat him with a stick with - go for the Brugges or Leipzig fixtures and I'll agree they aren't good reflections of Pep. But by god don't use a game vs City (reverse fixture of one where PSG actually won) to start beating him with a stick.

ti vu

Watch Bailly play 10x better than anything he's shown at OT now.

Conte makes do with our outcasts, but he was never in the running for full-time manager. Baffling.
Perhaps since he rates so many of our players under Mourinho, that gives someone at United a bad flashback.

Anyways, I also saw a round of gossip about Spurs being interested in getting Lingard as free agent in the summer...

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Exactly decent. We have many decent CBs here that Caf don’t want but want world class. My point is great coaches make anyone decent most of the time.
I do take your point and agree with it, I was just saying that with or without Conte, Cahill was better than given credit for

lloyd2wayne

I do take your point and agree with it, I was just saying that with or without Conte, Cahill was better than given credit for
True although Cahill wasn’t world class I agree he was underestimated a lot, myself included. He played a big part in Chelsea champions league and league wins.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
  • Chelsea are one of several suitors.
  • Araujo is happy at Barcelona.
  • Barcelona consider him a key player for the future and are expected to open talks with him to renew the contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I wasn't expecting this given Ralf's personal ventures, but if he's willing to put it all aside to work on United, then let's see.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: Besides the consultancy role, Rangnick has also been offered a more demanding role for next season (what that is hasn't been disclosed).

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is why you don't trust Falk on non-Bayern-Munich news, by the way.

EDIT: Falk not only throwing some of his sources under the bus but also propping up other sources

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This is why you don't trust Falk on non-Bayern-Munich news, by the way.

EDIT: Falk not only throwing some of his sources under the bus but also propping up other sources

And this is why I don't trust him on Bayern news, either..

Status
Not open for further replies.