Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Thank god he has been so injury prone!

Dont remember the fanfare for Minamino, but it was a smart signing. A flop, but they will probably make money on him. Wonder how big profit they will make on Minamino if they sell 200 %?
Ok fanfare may be inaccurate but there was a lot of noise about how he was perfect for Klopp and a Liverpool transfer masterclass.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
A shitload of hits in the transfer market yet you're focusing on Keita ;) He wasn't £60m by the way and neither will Luis Diaz be it seems.
You’ve had a few flops though, let’s be honest. As does every club.

Minamino might have cost very little, but he’s still shit. If he wasn’t you wouldn’t be in the market for another £50m player to replace him with.

AOC, Keita, the CBs you signed last season (one was a loan), Thiago. Konate hasn’t looked good in the limited minutes he’s been given either, but I’m willing to give him a pass as it’s his first season.

When you’ve had a hit, they’ve tended to be exceptionally good though.

macheda14

Errr....no club buys in January or indeed the summer unless they think " it is a player worth buying" by definition.

That is just a club line that is put out as an excuse.
Many clubs panic buy / recruit just to reinforce their squad. Our midfield is currently thin, we do need cover, however United won't just buy a body or a squad player, they'd prefer to only recruit first XI quality players in January.

MUFC OK

Is it now widely accepted that Alvarez is a City player? Really hoped we were in for him, stinks of an Aguero/Silva/David Villa all over again..

Bestietom

We won't be bringing anyone in this window and there will be just more promises that we will bring in all these top players in the summer. Bullshit, they are pulling the wool over our eyes again.
Who will want to come to us when we are not in Champions League.
What manager will want to come here as a YES man.
How many players will want to leave this summer.

We will see after Monday, if this club really want top 4 place. We need a proper CDM or else we will be out of Champions League and won't get top 4 position.
I think that Rangnick will then continue as manager next season again.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You’ve had a few flops though, let’s be honest. As does every club.

Minamino might have cost very little, but he’s still shit. If he wasn’t you wouldn’t be in the market for another £50m player to replace him with.

AOC, Keita, the CBs you signed last season (one was a loan), Thiago. Konate hasn’t looked good in the limited minutes he’s been given either, but I’m willing to give him a pass as it’s his first season.

When you’ve had a hit, they’ve tended to be exceptionally good though.
Thiago hasn't been a flop. Sorely missed in midfield lately.

Konate has been decent. Bit loose with his positioning but ok nonetheless. Had some excellent performances springled in lately. I think he'll be a great player, but he needs time and gradual progression to get there. With the centrebacks we have and the game time he gets I think he's right where he needs to be right now for that.

Keita and AOC haven't been worth it due to injuries. Foreseeable with AOC I suppose. I have a lot of time for both but I think time has run out for them. It'll never change for them.

Varun1

Is it now widely accepted that Alvarez is a City player? Really hoped we were in for him, stinks of an Aguero/Silva/David Villa all over again..
There were pictures of him in a city shirt, it's official.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why did anyone expect us to sign new players in this window when we don't have a long term manager in place and all the while when our squad is still bloated ?

Pavl3n

A guy who should have played rugby, with no end product.

Don't quite get this one.
Exactly my thought. It's a 6 month loan, albeit the buy option, so why not just use Dembele, whose technical ability is far superior to Traore's. Baffling move.

MUFC OK

There were pictures of him in a city shirt, it's official.
Laughable that City and Liverpool are strengthening whilst we reduce the wage bill and actually weaken the squad.

They're ambitious, they win things whilst we're in a dog fight for 4th with a midfield that's arguably the worst in the top half.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You probably never heard of the fecker before last week.

Jesus, the hyperbole in this place is maddening.

MUFC OK

Why did anyone expect us to sign new players in this window when we don't have a long term manager in place and all the while when our squad is still bloated ?
Squad is bloated in areas but definitely not in central midfield. The glazers taking tens of millions of dividends each quarter, they literally only sign players when we riot :lol:

MUFC OK

You probably never heard of the fecker before last week.

Jesus, the hyperbole in this place is maddening.
I've followed him for 6 months, he's the best young player in south america and his agent wanted us to make a bid. Whatever makes you feel better though.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Exactly my thought. It's a 6 month loan, albeit the buy option, so why not just use Dembele, whose technical ability is far superior to Traore's. Baffling move.
you can’t have a circus without a strong man.

romufc

Panic Panic Panic.

Would I sign a Kamara or someone when the new manager might not fancy them? No.

I just don't get why some fans are getting frustrated.

MUFC OK

Panic Panic Panic.

Would I sign a Kamara or someone when the new manager might not fancy them? No.

I just don't get why some fans are getting frustrated.
You're happy with Mctominay, Fred and Matic for the holding mid positions until the end of the season?

Kamara available for less than 15m and Zakaria for 6m.. hardly a huge risk is it?

romufc

You're happy with Mctominay, Fred and Matic for the holding mid positions until the end of the season?

Kamara available for less than 15m and Zakaria for 6m.. hardly a huge risk is it?
No, I would like us to sign someone but I understand why we won't. I am not going to act out like some of our fans.

Even if we signed Kamara and he isnt as good, he can become a squad player because we need 2/3 midfielders anyway.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No, I would like us to sign someone but I understand why we won't. I am not going to act out like some of our fans.

Even if we signed Kamara and he isnt as good, he can become a squad player because we need 2/3 midfielders anyway.
Kamara is the only viable option that I see. However, he wants to wait out his contract according to Romano - I think we’ll be seeing this more and more going forward.

romufc

Kamara is the only viable option that I see. However, he wants to wait out his contract according to Romano - I think we’ll be seeing this more and more going forward.
Ofcourse, the £10m going to the club will go to the player in the summer.

Its moving to players running down contracts then chosing which club gives them the highest signing on fee plus wage.

Dorris

Didn't know who Luis Diaz was until yesterday, but I can see why Klopp would want him at Liverpool - blazing speed, nifty feet and seems to be a good finisher from what I've seen in one YouTube compilation, the rest will be drilled into him by Klopp. Could fit in seamlessly perhaps if everything goes smooth although Klopp has a habit to slowly integrate players.

Can someone help me out, I thought he was a striker but seems to be more of a left midfielder/forward who cuts inside and runs into space? So that would be Mane's position at Liverpool?
Not surprising, Mane is clearly on the wane

SparkedIntoLife

They clearly want a left footed CD, hence the reemergence of Ciaran Clark and the links to Burn, Botman and so on. They could do far worse than look at Attilla Szalai or Nico Schlotterbeck but potentially both would be very difficult this January. I’d guess Botman is the number 1 left footed CD target for the Summer.

Red_toad

Laughable that City and Liverpool are strengthening whilst we reduce the wage bill and actually weaken the squad.

They're ambitious, they win things whilst we're in a dog fight for 4th with a midfield that's arguably the worst in the top half.
Sold a player and replaced him with a far less proven player. Hardly strengthening in my opinion.

MUFC OK

Exactly, Kamara is the one I would like us to have gone for from what I've seen. He looks like a pure cdm which we have lacked since Matic started to decline. We have pogba coming back too, who would benefit from someone like that to play next to him.

Not saying we needed to do a madness but one astute addition, relatively low risk in an area where we have struggled all season would have been logical.

James35

Have we leaked to reporters that the club are "relaxed about our current midfield options" yet, like we did in the summer?
The club was equally relaxed about its right wing issue for years - until we spunked a large amount on one and played him on the left.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Very good player, will be a quality player under Klopp. Begs the question, is Salah done with the club ?
Sounds like good insurance if Salah does not extend. If Salah does, they can develop him knowing Mane is dropping off on production.

Status
Not open for further replies.