Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pintu

He'll get feck all games at United - what's the upside to playing hardball over this?
It is a strong message to players that they can’t be running down their contracts and expect favourable loans that do not benefit the club.

Smores

It makes sense for every single PL club to fleece Newcastle and hope they go down. It’s quite obvious why.
It makes sense for us to lose what circa 10 million in the slim hope they drop into the Championship for a season?

romufc

Why are we trying to rinse Newcastle for this staying up bonus?

He'll get feck all games at United - what's the upside to playing hardball over this?
Same reason why we always get rinsed.

What purpose does it serve United letting him go on loan for no fee? It serves no purpose to United.

If he keeps Newcastle up, it serves a purpose to Newcastle, save them millions in the process.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It makes sense for us to lose what circa 10 million in the slim hope they drop into the Championship for a season?
How are we losing 10m? They offered a paltry loan fee of 2.5m. Lingard has already won us two points this season that could be worth over 100m in CL money. I’ve never known any other player to be loaned out for 6 months before leaving on a free.

Smores

How are we losing 10m? They offered a paltry loan fee of 2.5m. Lingard has already won us two points this season that could be worth over 100m in CL money. I’ve never known any other player to be loaned out for 6 months before leaving on a free.
Okay less than i thought but that's still 5-6 million. Good to know we have so much money we can just throw it away to make a point.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Okay less than i thought but that's still 5-6 million. Good to know we have so much money we can just throw it away to make a point.
We aren’t “throwing” it away. There’s a very real chance he might score a goal to win us a game that gets us CL qualification. Just because he’s been here for a decade and you’re bored of him so you want him replaced with another new toy doesn’t mean that’s in any way logical. Martial and Donny are leaving - Lingard can stick around unless Newcastle make it worth our while. He goes on loan and tears it up again - Bruno/Pogba get injured and everyone fecking moans saying we should have kept him - glazers prioritising money again blah blah. No matter what we do everyone moans. For the sake of 4m quid I’d rather we keep a good squad player thanks.

Josh 76

Didn't know who Luis Diaz was until yesterday, but I can see why Klopp would want him at Liverpool - blazing speed, nifty feet and seems to be a good finisher from what I've seen in one YouTube compilation, the rest will be drilled into him by Klopp. Could fit in seamlessly perhaps if everything goes smooth although Klopp has a habit to slowly integrate players.

Can someone help me out, I thought he was a striker but seems to be more of a left midfielder/forward who cuts inside and runs into space? So that would be Mane's position at Liverpool?
Players that Liverpool sign from abroad usually take time to settle into Klopps system. So if it goes will with Diaz, he should be ready to take over Mane in 12-18 months.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Thiago hasn't been a flop. Sorely missed in midfield lately.
Let’s agree to disagree on this one. I think he struggled massive last season, and hasn’t fared much better this (although he’s struggling with injuries and covid iirc).

It makes sense for every single PL club to fleece Newcastle and hope they go down. It’s quite obvious why.
It doesn’t tbh, as they’re not the first sugar daddy club bankrolled by billions and they won’t be the last. Collectively, it should have been done to Chelsea and then City but the horse has already bolted on this type of mentality.

Andrew7582

Looks like newcastle have caved, they were always going to seeing how desperate they are. They'll have to get used to being rinsed from now on.

Withnail

It is a strong message to players that they can’t be running down their contracts and expect favourable loans that do not benefit the club.
For a start Jesse would stay if he was getting game time. The only people we want to loan out like this are ones we don't want to keep and aren't going to play. If he goes nowhere we pay his wages so I don't see this as sending a strong message about anything.

Same reason why we always get rinsed.

What purpose does it serve United letting him go on loan for no fee? It serves no purpose to United.

If he keeps Newcastle up, it serves a purpose to Newcastle, save them millions in the process.
Who said anything about a loan for free? The sticking point was the 12m staying up bonus iirc. What purpose does it serve to keep paying him?

Newcastle quoted us £50 million for Longstaff
Yeah and they cut their nose off to spite their face. That's a great idea. Let's do that too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Donny will be allowed to leave on loan if a club covers all of his wages.
  • Crystal Palace and Valencia are currently interested in him.
  • United expect more inquiries him towards the end of the window.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
i wouldn’t get too ahead of yourself, it’s early stages. it might turn out he doesn’t have asthma.
If you truly believe this, then you’ve learnt nothing about how our crack transfer team operates.

I’ll climb the Eiffel Tower stark bollock naked if edwards hasn’t dug up little Luisito’s medical record and identified his history of childhood asthma from when he was a tiny little peladito running around wheezing on the streets of barrancas.

git_united

What a painful transfer window. The greatest trick the board ever pulled was convincing the media and Utd fans during the January 2022 transfer window that moving Donny, Lingard, and Martial is worth air time. Every second spent talking about these dudes is one less where we're moaning and crying out for reinforcements (for whatever our moaning and crying out is worth...tbf I guess we've been doing this for some twelve years now).

Idxomer

Undoubtedly an upgrade on Traore, I had assumed Traore would play wingback for them though and not sure Dejan will fit that role as well so be interesting g where they play him.
Why? He has poor end product just like Adama and not one outstanding quality.

Fts 74

What a painful transfer window. The greatest trick the board ever pulled was convincing the media and Utd fans during the January 2022 transfer window that moving Donny, Lingard, and Martial is worth air time. Every second spent talking about these dudes is one less where we're moaning and crying out for reinforcements (for whatever our moaning and crying out is worth...tbf I guess we've been doing this for some twelve years now).
Try not to get stressed about it, I've learnt my lesson over the years I just pop in here every now and then to see if there are any developments.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • The players mentioned in the article:
    • Reece Devine (already confirmed)
    • D'Mani Mellor
    • Will Fish
    • Álvaro Fernández
  • Kieran McKenna's interested in signing several young players from United for Ipswich.
    • Most recently linked to Fernández
    • United trust McKenna with player development, so they're keen on striking a partnership with him and Ipswich.

Status
Not open for further replies.