Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepers

Who says we aren’t looking at players?
Nobody. We are always looking at players. I’m questioning the competency (or incompetency) within the club. As I said, and I don’t think it’s wrong to feel so, one would hope that the club would have already decided and agreed terms with the new incoming manager, or at least have his transfer shortlist. It seems as if we have not decided on the next manager yet.

Compare us to how City prepared and organised themselves for Guardiola.

Also, I hope our next manager is not Poch.

I hope come next season the club will prove my current pessimism and scepticism as foolish and unwarranted.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

On the Rice + other West Ham rumours:
Maybe people don’t have enough to write about, but I can’t do anything about what people write about Declan Rice. I can’t stop that, except say to them that you will need humungous money to get close. That’s what you would need to do. They can write all they like, but he’s here for certainly a few years.

But would we have liked to have added to the squad? Yes. We’ve tried to be ambitious. I want to take the club forward. I don’t want back-up players to give me extra in the squad. I didn’t need to pad the squad out.
On Rice's price:
I said in the summer that I thought Declan Rice was £100m. That was the sales, that was cheap, that was your chance to get Declan Rice cheap. You can make your mind up what I’m talking about.
On Rice's commitment to the club:
I feel it. He’s like a special edition, Declan Rice, there’s not many like him. He’s a special player and for me he is probably the best midfield player in Europe at this present time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Allegri : “Zaniolo? The January market is now over and you are already asking me about the summer one? It makes no sense to talk about him now, also because he is a player from another team.”

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

On the Rice + other West Ham rumours:

On Rice's price:

On Rice's commitment to the club:
Big talk, but West Ham are running out of windows to sell Rice for a big fee, hasn't he got 2 years left on his contract in the summer?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If not Erling then this is the best young attainable centre forward on the market this summer I reckon. And we definitely need one of those now due to Greenwood’s imminent retirement. We can’t keep holding out for the ‘one day he’ll be a centre forward’ thing now, and Isak will be reasonably priced, all things considered.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Isak has a €90M clause and I doubt very much that Real Sociedad will accept less of that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's true that I was associated with PSG, there were discussions. But between the discussions and the act, there is a long way. It was complicated with Paris for an exchange, they made it clear to me after a while.

I listened and I respect Paris' decision, I couldn't do otherwise. A part of fate? Yes, maybe I shouldn't go, maybe in the future, someday, I don't know. Today, I returned to Lyon and I am very happy to be here.
In English:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Somehow these things do not fill me with confidence in our mid and longterm planning, at all. Sure, I'd love for Lewandowski, Müller, and Neuer to stay at Bayern until their careers' ends, but if that means we'll lose younger players left and right for that end, the club can't possibly think that this is a sensible course we're on. Not meeting Süle's salary expectations because we need to keep salaries in check is the one thing, and not per se bad, but it's questionable if one of the main driving factors here is reserving the wages for our superstar trio of 30+(++) players.
Losing Süle without a fee because we won't pay him more, *buying* a replacement *and* pay that guy more than Süle was offered? That's just staggeringly stupid. That's what the rumors about Christensen come down to, at least, and i doubt we'll get a semi-established defender and come away any better than what I outlined.
Then there's the stuff about the stalling of Gnabry's extension, again for salary questions, as Gnabry expects to be in the same pay bracket as Coman and Sané (and why wouldnt he be?), but Bayern being reluctant to meet him and putting his signature at risk.
Similar story with Nübel, although money is not the main talking point here. We're about to lose him, too, since he's not getting a whiff of game time with Neuer at the club - who has just been announced out for at least 3-4 weeks.
I appreciate that the club bosses are between a rock and a hard place here, with money being mostly earned instead of injected from a bottomless pit, but banking everything on some of our oldest players is just asking for disaster a few years down the road.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Somehow these things do not fill me with confidence in our mid and longterm planning, at all. Sure, I'd love for Lewandowski, Müller, and Neuer to stay at Bayern until their careers' ends, but if that means we'll lose younger players left and right for that end, the club can't possibly think that this is a sensible course we're on. Not meeting Süle's salary expectations because we need to keep salaries in check is the one thing, and not per se bad, but it's questionable if one of the main driving factors here is reserving the wages for our superstar trio of 30+(++) players.
Losing Süle without a fee because we won't pay him more, *buying* a replacement *and* pay that guy more than Süle was offered? That's just staggeringly stupid. That's what the rumors about Christensen come down to, at least, and i doubt we'll get a semi-established defender and come away any better than what I outlined.
Then there's the stuff about the stalling of Gnabry's extension, again for salary questions, as Gnabry expects to be in the same pay bracket as Coman and Sané (and why wouldnt he be?), but Bayern being reluctant to meet him and putting his signature at risk.
Similar story with Nübel, although money is not the main talking point here. We're about to lose him, too, since he's not getting a whiff of game time with Neuer at the club - who has just been announced out for at least 3-4 weeks.
I appreciate that the club bosses are between a rock and a hard place here, with money being mostly earned instead of injected from a bottomless pit, but banking everything on some of our oldest players is just asking for disaster a few years down the road.
What are your thoughts overall about Süle? I can certainly see the situation happening where we essentially swap CB’s on free transfers this summer. Süle to Chelsea, Christensen to Bayern.

I’d be very happy with that, personally, and see Süle as a clear upgrade.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What are your thoughts overall about Süle? I can certainly see the situation happening where we essentially swap CB’s on free transfers this summer. Süle to Chelsea, Christensen to Bayern.

I’d be very happy with that, personally, and see Süle as a clear upgrade.
I like him and rate him over Pavard at CB or RB, and so far also over Upamecano at CB. It's not like we're so stacked with defenders better than Süle. Don't know enough about Christensen to draw the comparison.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
To clear things up, Overmars left Ajax after he was found to be sending multiple inappropriate messages ("cross-border messages" according to the official statement) to multiple women working in the club.

diarm

My word that is an honest statement.

Fair play to them for not trying to play it down and just dealing with it head on. Ajax really is a club with great integrity.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
My word that is an honest statement.

Fair play to them for not trying to play it down and just dealing with it head on. Ajax really is a club with great integrity.
They're not. They've made a lot of serious mistakes, with regards to criminal employees and also in the Nouri case.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Absolutely gutted by this, but completely expected. Dan Ashworth was a huge part of the current successful build of Brighton. He will do well at Newcastle sadly.

Corwin

Not worth £100m.
There are other cheaper options like Kalvin Phillips, Ndidi, Neves.

Status
Not open for further replies.