Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I used to think Romano was the business when it came to transfers, but im starting to think he is a chancer.

Very rarely does he pick a side of the fence to sit when it comes to a transfer story, always leaves wiggle room so he can be right either way. Once a deal is more or less confirmed by someone else though, he tends to claim to have the inside details.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I used to think Romano was the business when it came to transfers, but im starting to think he is a chancer.

Very rarely does he pick a side of the fence to sit when it comes to a transfer story, always leaves wiggle room so he can be right either way. Once a deal is more or less confirmed by someone else though, he tends to claim to have the inside details.
Have you only just noticed? He's just an aggregator of other's stories.

devilo

That's assuming the people above murtough aren't entirely incompetent
Indeed, but the early indications for Arnold appear positive. Certainly better than Woodward, although admittedly that's a pretty low bar.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This one makes sense though. He's their best player and one of the best players in Germany.
Does it? His best role would probably clash with Bruno and if not then with Sancho/Rashford. Spend €50-60m on a player, who is the center of his team and on a bit of a purple patch, then play him a different role and with less freedom in a probably dysfunctional team. Later complain about Bundesliga to round things off. I think I've seen that movie before. :cool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Hes picked a side a few times. For example he was quick to cool any Alvarez talk when outlets in S America and others were creating a lot of smoke. Very early on he said all weve done is scout and we haven't made any other steps.

bucky

Does it? His best role would probably clash with Bruno and if not then with Sancho/Rashford. Spend €50-60m on a player, who is the center of his team and on a bit of a purple patch, then play him a different role and with less freedom in a probably dysfunctional team. Later complain about Bundesliga to round things off. I think I've seen that movie before. :cool:
Both Rashford and Bruno need competition. He's played plenty on the right, like Sancho. He's not on a purple patch, he's been very good for a while. I am not someone who complains about Bundesliga players.

K Stand Knut

Both Rashford and Bruno need competition. He's played plenty on the right, like Sancho. He's not on a purple patch, he's been very good for a while. I am not someone who complains about Bundesliga players.
I genuinely don’t think he’s here for the long haul so securing a replacement early doors might be a bit of sensible business

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And how did playing on the right turn out for Sancho at United?
Sure Nkunku is a very talented player, but 80 minutes per G/A good?

bucky

Didn't really matter for the first 6 months where Sancho played. There is more to an attacking player than just goals and assists.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're missing intensity in the forward roles and need players to provide competition for places. And Nkunku is someone who can potentially provide that, as well as being schooled in the modern principles at Leipzig.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We're missing intensity in the forward roles and need players to provide competition for places. And Nkunku is someone who can potentially provide that, as well as being schooled in the modern principles at Leipzig.
I'd say it's more important to plug the holes in the starting lineup, than spend say €60m on a player to provide competition though? Signing Nkunku as a RW would be a lot like the "Sancho will fix our RW" narrative from last summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd say it's more important to plug the holes in the starting lineup, than spend say €60m on a player to provide competition though? Signing Nkunku as a RW would be a lot like the "Sancho will fix our RW" narrative from last summer.
I can't speak for anybody else but I wanted Sancho for the LWF role.

And you're correct there's other positions that are of a higher priority like midfield and the central striking role. But with a number of players expected to depart at the end of the season, which should potentially free up additional funds both in wages and money received, I'm of the opinion the club may look to bring in about 4 players, or maybe 5 depending on the budget and who we target.

pascell

Sancho is too busy fixing our LW, never mind our RW

sparx99

Weird job title. And even weirder if Rangnick is not in consideration, and only having a consultant role.
It could literally be implementing one of Rangnicks suggestions. His consultancy in action. It’s not too far fetched to think he said you need more people.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I genuinely don’t think he’s here for the long haul so securing a replacement early doors might be a bit of sensible business
I have a feeling PSG will go for Rashford to replace Mbappe, a hunch more than anything, but think you might be right.

K Stand Knut

I have a feeling PSG will go for Rashford to replace Mbappe, a hunch more than anything, but think you might be right.
Mine is a hunch also, albeit backed up by a few journalists who seem to concur.

I’d like to say I’d be gutted to see him go but his mentality is pathetic - again, personal opinion before anyone jumps down my throat

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: O Jogo

Ruben Dias on whether he can stick around for as long as Vincent Kompany or Sergio Agüero:
I still can’t read the future…I renewed my contract, I wasn’t the only one, the club made renewals in the last two years and left a clear message about their project. Football is unpredictable, both for me and for others. I’m happy to have renewed my contract and I believe my teammates are too, but with the awareness that football is time and you have to constantly renew and try to be better.

dinostar77

If he is competent why are we hiring an deputy DOF? And what the hell is going on with Ralf's consultancy?

I'm not saying JM is incompetent just that hiring a deputy for him looks odd.

Maybe, it just doesn't seem logical to me.
He has too much work to do and freeing up some of his time will be beneficial to him and the club?

Only on CAF can a report like this be judged in a negative light.

ti vu

As originally reported in Sport1's Die Dortmund Woche podcast more than 12 hours back:
He's free? We should try to get him. Can be useful for our current situation. He's quite decent and serviceable from what I see

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea, finally get to see him and his buddy Kante in the Premier League.
I can't see Roman dealing with his agent for Pogba's twilight years. He would for Haaland, but I think Riola is someone that our board avoids.

Status
Not open for further replies.