Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Kalvin Phillips, he may not be the AWB of CDMs but it's not far off. For £30m, I'd take him as a starter in EtH's first season and bench option after but £50m is excessive and you just know we'll refuse to sideline him because of the price tag.

Infra-red

We already have a willing runner in McTominay. We need midfielders who can pass the ball a bit - that's not Phillips.

Kramer

Let’s hope that Bout and Lawlor were both sacked for suggesting Kalvin Phillips as the top midfield candidate for the club.

caid

Maybe Phillips is about the home grown quota? I mean if you're planning on selling Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, Wan Bisakka, Henderson and Rashford in the near future ...
As cover and squad depth he'd probably be pretty good. Played under Biesla so cant be afraid of hard work. 50m is a steep price but relegation might bring it down to a much more tempting number.
Maybe they're still pinning for Rice and see him as a good option in the mean time.
I think its pretty silly to be honest but i can see some logic to it.

Vapor trail

No idea why he's not really a popular choice amongst fan opinion. Very good passer of the ball puts a shift in defensively he would bring the midfield up a level or two. Was quoted 70 million a few seasons ago when city were interested, he's more than good enough.

dubplate warrior

This screams of the same dinosaur recruitment that brought us Maguire and Wan Bissaka.
He'd be a better signing than both, technically adept and more importantly fits the profile that the manager would make use out of whilst plugging a gap in our squad. However, it does feel underwhelming that this is the best solution we have.

iHicksy

I can see the logic in Phillips. Clearly Rice is our number one target, however with the money quoted and the need to fill other areas of the squad we can't be spending that much on one player. Phillips makes Leeds tick, without him they were losing games left and right last season. He's very very good, he's not an AWB or Maguire at all in the sense that he's very good technically. I admit though that because he's english there's a stigma that comes with that and doubly so since we've been burned by english players so much, but he's more a sancho than a 'arry for sure.

joedirt87

Bayern gonna scoop up half the Ajax team while our board and 800 director of something positions argue about dutch league players not be going enough.

Hoof the ball

You just know in your heart of hearts that if Ten Hag was joining Bayern that it'd be inevitable that Mazraoui, Gravenberch and Timber would be making their way to Bayern. Meanwhile, exciting days ahead when we snap up Haller to replace Cavani. :D

James35

It looks like it will be a summer of 4th and 5th choice signings. Still excited for a hopefully exciting new era under ETH but to be fair we are about as attractive as puss filled spot on a hobo’s arse.

Blood Mage

It's starting to feel like we've finally reached the point where the top talents are no longer batting their eyelashes at us, and we're having to settle for b-tier talents like Phillips instead. The result of nine years of failure and irrelevance.

Fortunately we now have a coach who can potentially get us playing without having a team full of stars at his disposal.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's starting to feel like we've finally reached the point where the top talents are no longer batting their eyelashes at us, and we're having to settle for b-tier talents like Phillips instead. The result of nine years of failure and irrelevance.

Fortunately we now have a coach who can potentially get us playing without having a team full of stars at his disposal.
You need to offer CL football or the almost certainty of CL football. You got really lucky to secure Sancho last summer.

Rake

You need to offer CL football or the almost certainty of CL football. You got really lucky to secure Sancho last summer.
Is the CL every 10 years or something? Players will sign despite no CL.Yes, we might not be able to compete for the current 5-6 "hype" players but lets be honest - United never had the pulling power or Real and Barcelona, even in the SAF days.

What we need now is sound recruitment and vision combined with the expectations and needs of ETH.

sparx99

Kalvin Phillips, he may not be the AWB of CDMs but it's not far off. For £30m, I'd take him as a starter in EtH's first season and bench option after but £50m is excessive and you just know we'll refuse to sideline him because of the price tag.
I don’t think he’s any better than Fred or a McTominay tbh.

sparx99

Bayern gonna scoop up half the Ajax team while our board and 800 director of something positions argue about dutch league players not be going enough.
Bayerns recruitment hasn’t been all that great in recent years has it?

Tolisso and Sabitzer amongst others have hardly set the world alight.

Suv666

Confirmation from Laurie Whitwell on the Kalvin Phillips link that Samuel Luckhurst first reported on:

Christ we have fallen
Fecking £50m for Kalvin fecking Phillips.
Shambles

Blood Mage

Yes fecking please, I don't even care if they give us less than half of what we paid them.

Also, it's obvious that a lot of posters here have never actually watched Phillips play. It matters not though as his family hate United and would probably disown him if he signed for us, so we most likely won't get him.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Christ we have fallen
Fecking £50m for Kalvin fecking Phillips.
Shambles
Relax y'all, it's just the media generating some clicks. I'd like to see him here, but am questioning his true integrity due to being a Leeds supporter.

I'd rather see Haidara (okay he has a MCL so don't know how good he'd be when fit again) and Kamara here - this sorts our DM for years. Neves would be great transfer as well. Then we'd have a superb balance on midfield and be able to rotate heavily, also gives a tactical versatility to the game.

Then Fred, Haidara, Kamara, Neves, VDB and Bruno is more than enough and oozes in quality. Also shields the defense and has tons of energy, deep-lying creativity and strength overall.

I'd like to see very smart transfers for a minimum amount of money - Eriksen for a year, maybe testing out Bernadeschi or Pavon from Boca Juniors (all of them are free transfers). Eriksen can switch with VDB and Bruno, depending on the situation and having Neves/Kamara behind them would be really balanced midfield. But I'm certain that Ralf and ETH know what to do and they have a cohesive plan set already.

Status
Not open for further replies.