Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

goptun

I’m sure more walkouts and half arsed protests will force them out..
The only way they are leaving is it someone offers them enough cold hard cash
How tenable would their position be if fan protests led to additional match postponements like it did against Liverpool last season?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How tenable would their position be if fan protests led to additional match postponements like it did against Liverpool last season?
Let’s be realistic, United fans are not “United”, there will always be enough fans to go to matches, especially when you have shiny new toys like managers, coaches and players.
No I’m certain it will take money to remove them

Corridor of Uncertainty

Why would the club confirm how much we have to spend and then work the entire summer with our hands tied behind our back when clubs try and fleece us?

sparx99

United are probably hoping that Ten Hag can work with Donny so they can save money on an extra midfielder, was to be expected.
Probably; but also Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Garner, Mejbri, Donny plus a genuine starter in midfield would maybe be ok. If we got say Tchouameni, Rice, or De Jong there is probably enough improvement from the tactical side to make progress next season.

I'm genuinely optimistic that Garner could work himself into a starting role over pre-season. He's 21 so not a kid like Mejbri or Garnacho. He's got qualities the likes of Fred and McTominay don't. If we got Tchouameni for example I could see Garner winning a spot alongside at least in rotation.

M4YON

The source is both the original reported interest from the Correio da Manhã newspaper and the latest and much stronger links in the A Bola article.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

All this might have bad effect on him and rest of the team. Fingers crossed.
It looks like Mané's agent is looking to gain some interest from other clubs in order to give his client some options in case Liverpool aren't that keen on renewing his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs come into the picture over time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Some more info from Luckhurst in this article:
  • Rangnick recommended two extra attacking players + a backup goalkeeper to replace any outgoing players in those areas
  • On players who want to leave:
    • Bailly & Jones informed their teammates of wanting to leave.
    • Henderson will leave if he's not a first-choice keeper (loan or sale).
    • United are open to offers for both Wan-Bissaka and Martial.
    • Rashford will clarify his future with ten Hag.
    • Andreas Pereira's move is put on hold because of Flamengo's financial issues.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sky report that Sabitzer's agent was at Bayern's ground to discuss Sabitzer.

But he's actually a pretty big agent, so I wonder if it could also be possible that Bayern wanted to talk about other clients: Kehrer to upgrade on Süle or Draxler to replace Gnabry.
It looks like Sabitzer wants to stay, anyways.

EDIT: Looks like he will actually be staying.

Last edited:

Banat

All this might have bad effect on him and rest of the team. Fingers crossed.
Wonder how De Bruyne feels about this - he’s had to be the best midfielder in the league to earn that sort of money and then along comes Haaland who hasn’t done shit getting paid the same amount.
I have no doubts they will increase his unofficial offshore salary as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Mané will NOT make any decision until after the Champions League Final. If he wins it, he has a good chance of winning the Ballon d'Or. He is motivated to play in La Liga. But he is awaiting the futures of Mbappé and Dembélé. The non-renewal of Ousmane, would bring him closer to the Camp Nou.
Helena Condis on Deportes Cope.

Barcelona is attentive to the future of Mané.

The Senegalese ends his contract with Liverpool in 2023

Charles Miller

Flamengo not signing Andreas Pereira got nothing to do with financial issues. They can pay for him no doubt. Problem is, Andreas is hated by Flamengo supporters and is booed almost every game. When fans heard that the club would sign him, it created a meltdown there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Flamengo not signing Andreas Pereira got nothing to do with financial issues. They can pay for him no doubt. Problem is, Andreas is hated by Flamengo supporters and is booed almost every game. When fans heard that the club would sign him, it created a meltdown there.
Didn't that problem arise after a poor performance from him in the 2021 Copa Libertadores final? Before that, he was not only starting regularly but also playing well enough to warrant his regular first-team appearances. Nowadays, of course, he's a bench player, and Flamengo might not be so keen on signing him permanently given his reduced role.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: K1 Televizija via Hotsport

Nemanja Matic on deciding his new club:
The options are still open, but what is certain is that this is my last season at United and I want to finish it in the best possible way. We have another game on May 22, and after that I will make a decision where I will continue my career.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Karim Adeyemi joins Dortmund soon after Haaland's departure was announced.

He signs a 5-year contract with the club.

captaincantona

Official: Karim Adeyemi joins Dortmund soon after Haaland's departure was announced.

He signs a 5-year contract with the club.
Such a well oiled machine. Do they ever really want to get out of Bayern’s shadow though?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More details on the Adeyemi transfer:
Official! BVB now also announces the transfer of Karim Adeyemi. Contract for 5 years, salary around €6m. According to SPORT1's info, he is significantly cheaper than we have assumed so far: Base fee €30m + €3m bonuses. Strong!
It took Dortmund more than 6 months of negotiations with Leipzig to get the fee down to that amount.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More details on the Rüdiger transfer:

I'm surprised at how low his net salary is given what he was demanding from Chelsea several months back.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
More details on the Rüdiger transfer:

I'm surprised at how low his net salary is given what he was demanding from Chelsea several months back.
Doesn't that total package equate to around 400k a week (plus bonuses) over the 4 years? What was he asking from Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.