Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

isn't he reportedly on a lot more money than that, plus whatever stupid contract extension salary bump was offered. if true i highly doubt he's going to say you know what United, I want to come back and take less money.
Rumour is that there was no bump. United just offered him the same terms and other teams are offering him less.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @L1nk from the Frenkie de Jong thread:
De Jong, at the exit door.

Santi Ovalle: "There is interest from other PSG, Bayern and City; and he doesn't want to leave Barça unless it's to a top team in Europe."

"He's not in the mood to leave for Manchester United."
English Tweet:

Reminder: Ducker mentioned that, whilst City are interested, they aren't keen on bringing him in this summer.

Mainoldo

Negative news is always accepted so quickly on here.
Believe me.

City aren’t spending that money neither are Bayern. There already investing in two midfielders.

If Mbappe goes PSG are going to have to make a statement. That’s not De Jong.

Not every club is in the same situation as us.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
So they lost 120 million euros on this fella and also funded the spending spree that got Liverpool their final title winning jigsaw pieces.

Well done Barcelona you utter bell ends
The also lost 3 goal advantage in UCL semifinal paved the way for Liverpool to win another UCL trophy.

gajender

@mazhar13 would it be possible to compile new list of Banned sources which could then be updated on the site by mods it would be really helpful as some of the sources being quoted of late are clearly dubious and are waste of time .

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It's an honest opinion considering relevant factors. People don't have to get their dicks out every time a name gets dropped ffs. We are not all prepubescent fantasists.
But at the same time we shouldn’t just dismiss it, the very second a negative news story comes out.

The only time a person’s reliability is called into question is when it’s positive news, every time it’s negative, regardless of who it is reporting it, is believed 100%

We need some middle ground here

James35

I’m certainly not jumping on the De Jong muppet train. I do realise there always has to be a saga around us and the history with ETH makes this an easy one to run with.

A backwards step in his career to join us, so I don’t see it happening at all.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The also lost 3 goal advantage in UCL semifinal paved the way for Liverpool to win another UCL trophy.
and before this gift of generosity to the scousers, when we were a fecking good team, they had their greatest ever team and beat us in two CL finals which had we won both would have put us level with the scousers at 5-5

Widow

But at the same time we shouldn’t just dismiss it, the very second a negative news story comes out.

The only time a person’s reliability is called into question is when it’s positive news, every time it’s negative, regardless of who it is reporting it, is believed 100%

We need some middle ground here
That's fair enough but in my past comments I've been very balanced. I tend to ask the scouts about the reliability of the tweets if they are unknown to me.

I guess we'll know in time if he'll arrive or not and I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
United are incapable of acting swiftly in the market. Year on year we see them dragging their heels with the deals and yet we have frauds in the media claiming that utd are closing a deal with barcelona re. FDJ and have submitted an offer for Nunez Darwin.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
United are incapable of acting swiftly in the market. Year on year we see them dragging their heels with the deals and yet we have frauds in the media claiming that utd are closing a deal with barcelona re. FDJ and have submitted an offer for Nunez Darwin.
This is the first time ol John Murtough has been in full control of footballing and recruiting operations.

It may be different this time round

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maybe ETH knew these players were going to Bayern months ago, that the club said they could go. That he wasn't even coming to United then. Bayern will not have just negotiated in a couple of days.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Could see us signing him. Would be good as a squad option, left footed. I guess injuries may be a worry, but hasn't missed all that many games this year.

JuriM

Could see us signing him. Would be good as a squad option, left footed. I guess injuries may be a worry, but hasn't missed all that many games this year.
Sorry, but he has shown to no be capable to play in high line.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sorry, but he has shown to no be capable to play in high line.
I've probably not seen him play as much as you, but I didn't think that was particularly the case when I've watched him. I'm also not suggesting he's a direct 1st XI signing, but he's only 22 and would add to the squad.

JuriM

I've probably not seen him play as much as you, but I didn't think that was particularly the case when I've watched him. I'm also not suggesting he's a direct 1st XI signing, but he's only 22 and would add to the squad.
Yea, just atm it seems his contract status and our rebuild have just made a 1+1 in the case to link us with him, not really because ETH has enquired about him. We'll see though.

Red_toad

Yep you’ve nailed it I’m still waiting for the Gatain and Carvalho deals to be completed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone watch him a bit more regularly? He seems to prefer the left side but he can also play upfront a bit it seems.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

So they will be left with 3 center backs, presuming Akanji will leave as well. One has been injury prone the past seasons (Sule) and another who has a longer history of being injury though not lately, but currently is (Hummels).

I suppose Coulibaly can be another option, though he's still very young. Are there any rumours of them signing Pongracic permanently?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
So they will be left with 3 center backs, presuming Akanji will leave as well. One has been injury prone the past seasons (Sule) and another who has a longer history of being injury though not lately, but currently is (Hummels).

I suppose Coulibaly can be another option, though he's still very young. Are there any rumours of them signing Pongracic permanently?
Yeah they're running pretty light in that regard. I think the rumour is Pongracic hasn't impressed and will leave Wolfsburg as well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Coulibaly looked like he might be ready for some first team minutes, Can - if he doesn't leave - would also be considered a backup, the club has been linked with Bensebaini, who occasionally plays as a CB and they will probably sign another DM, who may or may not be able to drop back, too.
The club need to make a lot of changes at once, so they may have to accept compromises for some positions.

Zoo

Unlikely to be him Bergwijn is someone Ten Hag likes but it's also possible we were looking at Ntketiah isn't he out of contract soon.
Luckhurst said that United have enquired about a young PL striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.