Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

This is a signing we should be all over.
I am a fan. Technical beautiful. Not what we needed though. We don't role for him, or the luxury to carry him. And seems like he has workrate issue, which the main issue that has been stalling his development.

cant help thinking, that of all the ajax players that are jumping ship, this is one that we couldve most done with.
I don't think so. He's not that impressive, and just another #8.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I am a fan. Technical beautiful. Not what we needed though. We don't role for him, or the luxury to carry him. And seems like he has workrate issue, which the main issue that has been stalling his development.
I think he’s such a quality player. Can play as an 8 as well. Technically proficient, plays with both feet, press resistant, and definitely a gettable player. We need some quality in the middle. Let’s not forget that City for majority of this season have played B Silva in a deeper role (a player more inclined to attacking) and KdB as a deeper midfielder in previous seasons. We could make it work too.

Zoo

How is he going for such a pittance when the numbers involving Timber quoted so far are nearly double!?

This deal, if true, has generational bargain potential. Cheaper than Bellingham ffs.
He's entering the final year of his contract.

ti vu

How is he going for such a pittance when the numbers involving Timber quoted so far are nearly double!?

This deal, if true, has generational bargain potential. Cheaper than Bellingham ffs.
One year left on his contract, I believe.

He's not anything generational potential IMO.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Contract runs out next summer and only wants Bayern move, allegedly.

M4YON

what’s the point of ETH when two of their best players went to Bayern for peanuts.
I'm not sure what you mean, what was the point of hiring him or?

ETH lost De ligt, De Jong, Van de Beek and Ziyech etc whilst still in charge of Ajax and continued to have the team perform in both the league and CL.

I'm sure we'll probably go back for someone like Timber who can continue to develop under him but the point of ETH is he is a young, fantastic manager who has proven to recruit well, have a good attack minded style of play and get the most out of players.

It's frustrating two great players left Ajax for Bayern but at the same time Haaland left Dortmund for a set fee we could have afforded, Rudiger left Chelsea for free to join Real, Kamara has joined Aston Villa for free... I could go on but my point is there's a lot of good players moving for free or cheap we could have done with here that doesn't negate the importance of bringing ETH here.

M4YON

Bastoni has been linked by Italian media this morning.
Now he's a very good centre back, I've watched him a few times but there's just something about Italian players that keeps them in Italy, I don't see us getting him tbh.

SATA

Ajax being ripped apart again? Manager gone, two of their better players snapped up by Bayern, and potentially Timber and Antony (and Haller?). Of course Ajax will be paid handsome loads but their next incoming manager will have a big rebuild to do

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Even so, I’ve named 4 young gk at the club. Whether they are 3rd or 3rd choice is academic - if they are not good enough then why are they here? Seems to be spending without any good reason, that’s all.
To give them time to develop? All of these lads are 22 max, plenty of top class goalkeepers aren't starting at that age. Vitek is 18 FFS! :lol:

They're probably only about a combined £5k a week, I hardly think it's burning a whole in United's pocket keeping them on the books and seeing if they turn in to players worthy of a squad place or a sellable asset.

Jibbs

I'm not sure what you mean, what was the point of hiring him or?

ETH lost De ligt, De Jong, Van de Beek and Ziyech etc whilst still in charge of Ajax and continued to have the team perform in both the league and CL.

I'm sure we'll probably go back for someone like Timber who can continue to develop under him but the point of ETH is he is a young, fantastic manager who has proven to recruit well, have a good attack minded style of play and get the most out of players.

It's frustrating two great players left Ajax for Bayern but at the same time Haaland left Dortmund for a set fee we could have afforded, Rudiger left Chelsea for free to join Real, Kamara has joined Aston Villa for free... I could go on but my point is there's a lot of good players moving for free or cheap we could have done with here that doesn't negate the importance of bringing ETH here.
It was a tongue in cheek comment.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Despite the announcement of the player to his teammates and his desire to play for Real, the agreement between Monaco and the Spanish club is not yet concluded. Real Madrid are far ahead of their competitors but the Tchouameni camp encourages ASM to get the deal done.
EDIT: More info
Let's start with the news of Tchouaméni, really close to Madrid: everything done with the player for 5 years, details, numbers, with Monaco are still missing. And as long as it is not closed, Liverpool and PSG are still in the bidding. Key weeks.
Total agreement between Madrid and Tchouaméni (five years), but details remain with Monaco.

The signing is NOT closed, [but] it can be finalized very soon: Liverpool and PSG, interested, are still in the bidding.

Last edited:

sparx99

Bastoni has been linked by Italian media this morning.
I love Bastoni. He'd be perfect at the back. It does seem outside of Zola and Vialli that Italian players have struggled in England for the most part. Maybe we need to sign two together so they have a mate! Bastoni and Barella it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.