Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

When Manchester City clinched their deal to sign Erling Haaland this summer, they were aided in doing so by the Norwegian having a clause at Borussia Dortmund which allowed him to leave for less than he’d otherwise be worth.

At the time, there were quickly claims in Germany that Haaland’s camp would look to have another clause in the City contract, allowing him to leave the Premier League club in a similar way.

That’s pushed again in Spain today, with the striker on the front page of AS.

The Spanish newspaper say they’ve been informed Real Madrid are already working on the plan of signing Haaland in 2024, for a €150m clause. He would then be Karim Benzema’s replacement, with the Frenchman expected to be coming towards the end of his career by then.

Should the clause exist then there wouldn’t be anything Manchester City could do about the situation.

These claims are only going to continue, especially in the media close to Real Madrid, so if there’s no clause included in the contract then it could be wise for Manchester City to make that clear, and refute these reports.

Otherwise, get used to Erling Haaland being seen as Karim Benzema’s replacement.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

When Manchester City clinched their deal to sign Erling Haaland this summer, they were aided in doing so by the Norwegian having a clause at Borussia Dortmund which allowed him to leave for less than he’d otherwise be worth.

At the time, there were quickly claims in Germany that Haaland’s camp would look to have another clause in the City contract, allowing him to leave the Premier League club in a similar way.

The Spanish newspaper say they’ve been informed Real Madrid are already working on the plan of signing Haaland in 2024, for a €150m clause. He would then be Karim Benzema’s replacement, with the Frenchman expected to be coming towards the end of his career by then.

Should the clause exist then there wouldn’t be anything Manchester City could do about the situation.

These claims are only going to continue, especially in the media close to Real Madrid, so if there’s no clause included in the contract then it could be wise for Manchester City to make that clear, and refute these reports.

Otherwise, get used to Erling Haaland being seen as Karim Benzema’s replacement.
For some reason I thought release clauses were not allowed/illegal in England? Maybe I’m misremembering.

Widow

I see why Romano Tweeted this out yesterday. Here's what Rob Dorsett reported a few hours earlier:

Vieira coming in does mean that they won't be as keen on Tielemans as they'd play somewhat similar roles.
He'd be a good alternative to FdJ, I believe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He'd be a good alternative to FdJ, I believe.
He's a different player to Frenkie from my observations. Frenkie's a particularly unique player, more so than he's made out to be (his best comparison is Redondo for me), whilst Tielemans is a more conventional attacking box-to-box midfielder with creativity and a good passing range. He'd probably be a decent alternative but will require more work from Ten Hag than Frenkie would to fit into the side.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Cucurella is City's top priority
  • Kalvin Phillips and Cucurella are the only other incomings expected for City this summer (i.e. no Frenkie De Jong for them)
  • Leeds are very interested in bringing James McAtee either on loan or permanently.
    • Brighton were interested last season but aren't now.
    • City plan to keep him in the team for the upcoming season.
  • City need to sell players before signing more players.
    • Zinchenko is for sale. Everton are most interested.
    • Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling are also for sale.
    • Riyad Mahrez's contract ends next summer, but he's expected to stay in the team for next season.
  • Guardiola's on holiday and has been for the past month, so Txiki Begiristain is working on these transfers and keeping Pep in the loop.
On Zinchenko:

Last edited:

Widow

He's a different player to Frenkie from my observations. Frenkie's a particularly unique player, more so than he's made out to be (his best comparison is Redondo for me), whilst Tielemans is a more conventional attacking box-to-box midfielder with creativity and a good passing range. He'd probably be a decent alternative but will require more work from Ten Hag than Frenkie would to fit into the side.
I see that but I was just breaking them down into a simple form, ball winner, ball progresses and creator. Some can do more than one of these but I think they are both good ball progressors.

A good point about FdJ fitting into EtH system.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I see that but I was just breaking them down into a simple form, ball winner, ball progresses and creator. Some can do more than one of these but I think they are both good ball progressors.

A good point about FdJ fitting into EtH system.
I get you now. I honestly wouldn't mind Tielemans to take Pogba's place in the team as he's a more hardworking player. He might even play a similar role to Gravenberch in Ten Hag's Ajax given their similar profiles.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Fábio Vieira (or other players of his profile & roles) wasn't a priority for Arsenal.
    • Arteta pushed for him, which is why Arsenal moved quickly to sign him.
  • Personal terms won't be an issue for Gabriel Jesus in joining Arsenal. He's ready to play for them.
  • Tielemans' potential arrival depends on Arsenal moving on one of their central midfielders.
    • Reminder: Tielemans is entering his final year next season
      • The player's open to seeing his contract off with Leicester and signing for a new team as a free agent afterwards.
    • Expected fee this summer: £25m
  • Arsenal need to sell players of some value who won't get many minutes to make up for their purchases (Torreira, Leno, Pépé)
    • Pépé is also keen leaving, but Arsenal want a reasonable fee for him.
  • If Pépé leaves, then Arsenal will push hard for Raphinha.

ti vu

If Mbappe who extended after having his previous contract expired, City has nothing to worry about not refuting this rumour. It maybe annoying, but nonetheless it is no bad news in commercial sense. Great media exposure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can we leave City's castoffs and fringe players alone please.

Deery

Dreary
There’s maybe a few goals left in him and a change of scenery will help him, but hasn’t been great for City in recent years not sure how this will pan out.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
That’s not a bad price for Sterling at all. Would be a signing I’d be happy with so long as he’s not our only attacking one.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He always looks better on the National team. I don’t think we need another streaky player. No denying his talent.
I maintain he is massively overrated and really lucked out going to City and working with Pep. Such a poor finisher, can't beat a player with any degree of regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.