Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal fans must be in dreamland. AFTV lads have to be wetting themselves with joy. A decade or more of underinvestment and now suddenly they‘re amongst the biggest spenders. Should be back to back summers now where their spending could eclipse £120m.

So that’ll be 4 of the “Big 6” that will have made 3 or more signings thus far. Meanwhile, Chelsea and United (the two who need the most change) are doing feck all. It’s almost unbelievable.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal fans must be in dreamland. AFTV lads have to be wetting themselves with joy. A decade or more of underinvestment and now suddenly they‘re amongst the biggest spenders. Should be back to back summers now where their spending could eclipse £120m.

So that’ll be 4 of the “Big 6” that will have made 3 or more signings thus far. Meanwhile, Chelsea and United (the two who need the most change) are doing feck all. It’s almost unbelievable.
I was reading that Chelsea reported an oversight with their taxes to both the FA and UEFA. There is something to do with the taxes that helps if we wait until July first on new contracts. There are not a lot of specifics on it to be found?

M4YON

Chelsea have offered Werner + money to Juventus for De Ligt.

Werner is open to the switch but Juventus aren't impressed with the money Chelsea have offered.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Chelsea have offered Werner + money to Juventus for De Ligt.

Werner is open to the switch but Juventus aren't impressed with the money Chelsea have offered.
Juve are overvaluing De Ligt by a long way.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Juve are overvaluing De Ligt by a long way.
Definitely overpriced but maybe worth a shot just based in his talent and age? I haven’t been a huge fan of his but reading Juve supporters saying he improved massively this past season has brought me toward thinking it’ll be a good buy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely overpriced but maybe worth a shot just based in his talent and age? I haven’t been a huge fan of his but reading Juve supporters saying he improved massively this past season has brought me toward thinking it’ll be a good buy.
At the fees being quoted, this one should be a non-starter for me. He’s not worth it and he’ll have a year left on his deal next summer, if Chelsea are that keen on him, we can wait a year to get him. He clearly won’t sign an extension.

We won’t challenge City and Liverpool next season regardless of who we buy, so no reason to panic and spend big on players just because they happen to be available. De Ligt is good but not worth over paying for.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
At the fees being quoted, this one should be a non-starter for me. He’s not worth it and he’ll have a year left on his deal next summer, if Chelsea are that keen on him, we can wait a year to get him. He clearly won’t sign an extension.

We won’t challenge City and Liverpool next season regardless of who we buy, so no reason to panic and spend big on players just because they happen to be available. De Ligt is good but not worth over paying for.
I mean, we have to buy two CB‘s THIS summer. So why not get our top targets? We can’t really afford to wait at that position like we can with midfield.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Good point. For the quoted fee he is going no where anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, we have to buy two CB‘s THIS summer. So why not get our top targets? We can’t really afford to wait at that position like we can with midfield.
I guess my thinking is let’s build smarter and better rather than overpaying for good but not amazing talents this summer. I do like him as a player even though he’s fallen below the levels he reached at Ajax. My only complaint is the money involved. I don’t think he’s worth Werner plus £45m and they want more than that?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I guess my thinking is let’s build smarter and better rather than overpaying for good but not amazing talents this summer. I do like him as a player even though he’s fallen below the levels he reached at Ajax. My only complaint is the money involved. I don’t think he’s worth Werner plus £45m and they want more than that?
Who then? Other CB’s we’ve been linked with have massive price tags as well. Koundé, £65m. Gvardiol, reportedly huge fee. Napoli are a nightmare to negotiate with so Koulibaly would cost who knows how much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who then? Other CB’s we’ve been linked with have massive price tags as well. Koundé, £65m. Gvardiol, reportedly huge fee. Napoli are a nightmare to negotiate with so Koulibaly would cost who knows how much.
I feel more comfortable paying £60m for Kounde than whatever Juve will be demanding for De Ligt, so there’s that. Koulibaly is a perfect fit to replace Rudiger’s presence whilst helping to nurture Colwill and being too old to block his pathway.

My ideal window would be those two, and then if Tuchel really wants De Ligt we can go after him with a much more reasonable price tag next summer, unless he extends or moves to another team.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I feel more comfortable paying £60m for Kounde than whatever Juve will be demanding for De Ligt, so there’s that. Koulibaly is a perfect fit to replace Rudiger’s presence whilst helping to nurture Colwill and being too old to block his pathway.

My ideal window would be those two, and then if Tuchel really wants De Ligt we can go after him with a much more reasonable price tag next summer, unless he extends or moves to another team.
If De Ligt does not renew, and it looks like he does not want to, the market will really determine his value unless Juve want to risk keeping him. De Ligt’s agent could also be trying to leverage more money out of an extension and he is really not going to join anyone anyway.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Raphinha, ongoing contact Leeds-Arsenal.

The clubs are making progress in the operation. There is still no full agreement, but the parties continue to move closer.

At the moment the Gunners are in pole position.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Fulham join Lazio in the race for Romagnoli.
  • Romagnoli's not interested in Fulham at this time.
  • Romagnoli is waiting for Milan to offer a new contract to him.
    • No certainty over Lazio coming back with a new offer

Jacob

I wish the transfer window was shortened to a couple of weeks. Would be one hell of a show and less of a drag for fans.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Who else have Arsenal signed other than Jesus?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Who else have Arsenal signed other than Jesus?
They just signed that midfielder from Porto. Add in Jesus and Raphinha and they’ll have blasted past £120m. And they apparently won’t stop there as they want more players.

TuzlaUnited

They just signed that midfielder from Porto. Add in Jesus and Raphinha and they’ll have blasted past £120m. And they apparently won’t stop there as they want more players.
When did they sign Raphinha?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'm not sure what the " Raphinha domino" has to do with it, because I don't get the feeling that Spurs are especially interested in Raphinha ... Richarlison is a much better fit for us because he can play anywhere across the front three.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Unseasonably good weather they're getting in Edinburgh at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.