Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
wtf, since when are they in for Raphinha?
We were actually linked with him in the last window. But this has indeed come out of nowhere today. Perhaps Dembele let it be known that he’s staying at Barca so we quickly switched focus to Raphinha.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We were actually linked with him in the last window. But this has indeed come out of nowhere today. Perhaps Dembele let it be known that he’s staying at Barca so we quickly switched focus to Raphinha.

Time to get excited, Chelsea fans.

roseguy64

Wouldn't count it as done yet. If Barca come close to the fee then the player might force Leeds to sell there instead.

No chance if Barcelona don't come close though and submit lower offers like they've been thinking.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I could be proven wrong but I don’t think he is any better than the selection of players they have in those areas.

Sterling is a level above and makes sense, but I think paying so much just to throw him in the collection with CHO, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech etc… is a mistake. I don’t think he is a better footballer than any of them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I could be proven wrong but I don’t think he is any better than the selection of players they have in those areas.

Sterling is a level above and makes sense, but I think paying so much just to throw him in the collection with CHO, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech etc… is a mistake. I don’t think he is a better footballer than any of them.
To be fair, Chelsea have moved on Lukaku for the upcoming season, and they're looking to move on Ziyech, too. They also want to move Timo Werner on, so Raphinha and Sterling will likely replace Werner and Ziyech in the team. Pulisic might also move on depending on what happens; Chelsea would be okay with letting him go, too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
To be fair, Chelsea have moved on Lukaku for the upcoming season, and they're looking to move on Ziyech, too. They also want to move Timo Werner on, so Raphinha and Sterling will likely replace Werner and Ziyech in the team. Pulisic might also move on depending on what happens; Chelsea would be okay with letting him go, too.
I guess they will need the numbers, but for that price, I think you would be wanting a better player.

I think it’s just change for change sake and he doesn’t really make the team any better than Pulisic does. Sterling is a clear upgrade but I don’t think Raphinha is, and I would be looking for more for that sort of money.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Ziyech, and Werner are moving on. Pulisic did not sign an extension, so he will most likely be sold with 18 months left on his contract.

Charles Miller

I think he will fit them very well. He is faster and stronger, good at set pieces, probably will score more goals on a dominant side. He can operate centrally too and i supect he might be able to play as wingback. He could cover for Werner, Mount and maybe James, if they need go full attack.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Botman is a very solid player. Was impressed with him when we played Lille in the CL this past season.

Dazzmondo

Time to get excited, Chelsea fans.
Damn, this has been a good day for Utd transfer news but Raphinha's probably going to be an excellent signing for Chelsea. Top 4 is going to be really difficult this year

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
My dream Rüdiger replacement for the left CB spot. Unfortunately, looks like he will be signing a new contract from what I‘ve been reading.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Koulibaly + any of the other CB’s we’ve been linked with (de Ligt, Skriniar, Koundé, Gvardiol) would be mega, tbh. We may have to have the biggest transfer window ever for it to happen, through.

sparx99

If De Ligt is available we should at least try to get him. Get the band back together with De Jong, Van De Beek and Ten Hag. I know he'd be more expensive than Lisandro Martinez but maybe worth it in the long run.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
If De Ligt is available we should at least try to get him. Get the band back together with De Jong, Van De Beek and Ten Hag. I know he'd be more expensive than Lisandro Martinez but maybe worth it in the long run.
No way. de Ligt hasn’t really kicked on since his early promise and will cost a fortune.

Martinez can play DM, CB, and LCB in a 3. He’s also the first left footed CB we’ll sign for ages. He’ll be cheaper, cover a few positions in the team we lack quality in, and will have worked with EtH more recently. It makes much more sense to get him.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Johnstone, Ebiowei and Doucoure for an £18m outlay is a great start to the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.