Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Antón Meana reports

City like Fabian...but don't want to negotiate with Di Laurentiis

They like him a lot and he finishes his contract in a year, but Napoli and their president have vetoed the deal.

Rolaholic

Officially official

iHicksy

"I've been a man city fan my entire life"

Aha suuuuuuuure you have buddy. I bet you grew up idolizing Stephen Ireland and Samaras.

BarstoolProphet

You realize his dad played for them?

It's likely nonsense, but not impossible
He has stated several times before that his biggest dream is to win the PL with Leeds. That has most probably changed after he became a superstar, but doesn't quite fit the narrative that he's been a City fan all his life.

justsomebloke

Officially official

Lovely day isn't it. First we get to see all the coverage of Nunez signing for Liverpool, and then Erling Haaland going on about how he's a City player through and through. One of the very few Norwegians who can honestly say he's been a City fan all his life, and of course it had to be the best player we've ever produced.

justsomebloke

Not surprised Haaland's a city fan. Hope he flops.
As a Norwegian, I can't even do that. Having just watched him score 4 in 4 games (plus an assist) for the national team, how can I? It's an impossible dilemma.

Incidentally, he now has 20 goals in first 20 caps. More than halfway to the all-time scoring record of 34. After 20 games. A complete beast. This is going to really suck (in the PL).

Last edited:

PoTMS

Vomit inducing day. Let's hope we can get a few transfers of our own wrapped up this side of the century.

sillwuka

As a Norwegian, I can't even do that. Having just watched him score 4 in 4 games (plus an assist) for the national team, how can I? It's an impossible dilemma.

Incidentally, he now has 20 goals in first 20 caps. More than halfway to the all-time scoring record of 34. After 20 games. A complete beast. This is going to really suck.
You are in for a tough ride for the next 15 years then i guess.

All we can hope for is we discover a similar beast who takes us to the top.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
You are in for a tough ride for the next 15 years then i guess.

All we can hope for is we discover a similar beast who takes us to the top.
Reckon he'll feck off to Madrid within the next 2-3 years, there are already rumours about a release clause being active from 2024.

justsomebloke

Agree. Yes he will win things at City but he will want the high profile and City do not provide that. Real definitely do.
He doesn't really seem like that kind of guy though. He knows his value, loves his football and is extremely ambitious, but he also gives the impression of being pretty much the opposite of a glitz and glam-oriented player.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
City have had some of the best players in the world over the last few years and Real, Barca and PSG never took a player from them that they didn't want to sell. It is strange because I imagine that if the likes of David Silva, Aguero , De Bruyne etc played for us then we'd probably lose them to those teams, like we did with our best players when we were at the top.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
City have had some of the best players in the world over the last few years and Real, Barca and PSG never took a player from them that they didn't want to sell. It is strange because I imagine that if the likes of David Silva, Aguero , De Bruyne etc played for us then we'd probably lose them to those teams, like we did with our best players when we were at the top.
Loyalty to the manager, guaranteed medals, wages ( they get a lot more than reported so other clubs cannot afford to pay their true wage). They love the weather in the north west.

onemanarmy

They are winning the league, playing exciting football, top coach, top wages. Why would they go elsewhere?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Off shore bank accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.