Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

Once again, Liverpool have been clinical in their transfer dealings, and United complete shambles. More things change, more they stay the same. I wouldn't be surprised if ETH ends up like Mou, Ole or Ralf before him.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Once again, Liverpool have been clinical in their transfer dealings, and United complete shambles. More things change, more they stay the same. I wouldn't be surprised if ETH ends up like Mou, Ole or Ralf before him.
Didn't we do exactly this with Dan James?

Jibbs

Didn't we do exactly this with Dan James?
Dan James was a referral of Giggs. A very nepotistic appointment. Hind sight is 20/20 but we should have gone for Raphinha or Bowen.

sepulturite

Dan James was a referral of Giggs. A very nepotistic appointment. Hind sight is 20/20 but we should have gone for Raphinha or Bowen.
I don't think that's what he's saying, he's saying we sold him for more than we bought him for.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I was talking more in the sense of how smooth their overall transfer dealings are.
They are literally trying to sell a player they brought a few years ago because he's not very good, how is that smooth transfer dealings?? :lol:

Widow

Asked if he wanted to stay at OM next season: Yes, of course, I feel very well here and there is the objective of playing this Champions League.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Regardless on whether that Aberdeen full back turns out to be good, I can almost guarantee our recruitment team have zero clue about him, and that’s the problem.

CM10

Regardless on whether that Aberdeen full back turns out to be good, I can almost guarantee our recruitment team have zero clue about him, and that’s the problem.
Why would it be a problem if he doesn't turn out to be good?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why would it be a problem if he doesn't turn out to be good?
Because it just demonstrates their net is cast far wider and I bet they are pursuing him because the data suggests it will work out. Our system feels archaic in comparison. I dunno, I’m just so downbeat about the whole recruitment process right now because absolutely nothing is happening. Frenkie, amazing signing if it happens but let’s face it it’s such an obvious signing with him being an old player under ETH at Ajax. It hardly feels like a product of smart recruitment.

CM10

Because it just demonstrates their net is cast far wider and I bet they are pursuing him because the data suggests it will work out. Our system feels archaic in comparison. I dunno, I’m just so downbeat about the whole recruitment process right now because absolutely nothing is happening. Frenkie, amazing signing if it happens but let’s face it it’s such an obvious signing with him being an old player under ETH at Ajax. It hardly feels like a product of smart recruitment.
Our recruitment has been frustrating but Liverpool signing some fella from the SPL isn't exactly the straw that broke the camel's back. At best he'll probably be what Tsimikas was on the other side for them last season.

De Jong would be excellent for us if we can get him. I don't think some people will fully appreciate the difference he makes until McTominay is consigned to the bench long-term. That's the level of player we're looking at in midfield for next season as things stand.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The net is hardly cast very wide to Scotland! Considering we’ve recruited from Scotland before and briefly been linked I’d be surprised if he wasn’t looked at, at some stage.
he’s only 18 though, i wouldn’t be expecting him to play a whole lot in the PL initially with TAA and Robertson in place,

as for FDJ, yes he played for Ajax. But the coach obviously thinks he’s an integral piece of the puzzle to how he wants the team to play

RU Devil

I think we can call this transfer done now.
A lot of money for one very good season. Liverpool has done well in their recruitment & seems to be preparing for a transition from Salah/Mane/Firmino, but wonder if they are not overpaying in this instance.

NYAS

This one’s a really bad look for Romano. If I’m not mistaken he was the only one who went big with the “Solomon - Fulham deal definitely collapsed”. I know this article mentions an impasse but Romano made it sound like there was zero chance the deal was going to be revived. And here we are.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This one’s a really bad look for Romano. If I’m not mistaken he was the only one who went big with the “Solomon - Fulham deal definitely collapsed”. I know this article mentions an impasse but Romano made it sound like there was zero chance the deal was going to be revived. And here we are.
Yeah, I thought he moved on from making those sort of calls, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.