Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
£60m for someone who doesn’t even walk into their first XI.

Imagine telling a Spurs fan just a couple of years ago that something like that would be realistic. Premier League clubs are absolutely drowning in cash.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That’s a rubbish deal for us if it’s finalised. Initial fee should be the 60m mark and then the add-ons to that.

We have fecked ourselves with FFP though which is giving other teams a bit of leverage.

That’s a rubbish deal for us if it’s finalised. Initial fee should be the 60m mark and then the add-ons to that.

We have fecked ourselves with FFP though which is giving other teams a bit of leverage.
Who will you bring in to replace him?

TheReligion

Abusive

Werent Barca looking at paying close to £100m the other year for him too?

Infra-red

I don't think Ake or Richarlison are particularly good, so happy to see our main top 4 rivals spending big chunks of their budget on them.

De Ligt on the other hand... I hope Chelsea land Kounde instead.

Looks as though City won't make their money back on him either. Was a bizarre signing at the time and looks even more so now.
I don't understand why City would accept anything less than what they paid for him. He has another 3 years on his deal, would count as homegrown club trained for Chelsea, is a Dutch international in his prime and has done well enough when called upon. Also, the fact that Chelsea want to spend fairly big money on him now surely makes his signing two years ago less bizarre, if anything. He's a good player, not quite top shelf, but neither is Koundé, imo.

saivet

I don't understand why City would accept anything less than what they paid for him. He has another 3 years on his deal, would count as homegrown club trained for Chelsea, is a Dutch international in his prime and has done well enough when called upon. Also, the fact that Chelsea want to spend fairly big money on him now surely makes his signing two years ago less bizarre, if anything. He's a good player, not quite top shelf, but neither is Koundé, imo.
I guess they want to sign the Brighton LB as their no.1 guy and probably see Ake as no more than a back up either at CB or LB. He's done alright when called upon but he's never felt close to even being close to competing to starting on a regular basis. It just seemed like a lot of money to spend on a guy that was never going to break into City's side and if that was the case, at £40m it would be a big struggle to make a profit on him.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't think Ake or Richarlison are particularly good, so happy to see our main top 4 rivals spending big chunks of their budget on them.

De Ligt on the other hand... I hope Chelsea land Kounde instead.
I think United will hang back in the de Ligt negotiations and see what Chelsea are agreeing with them, similar to the Malacia deal. Then go in and offer a.slightly better deal and hope the lure of EtH is enough.

CM

It's a little surprising that a bigger club than West Ham hasn't gone in for Danjuma yet. I would've thought he's a more appealing option than some of the players who are going for big money this window.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Wonder if that means Raphinha has chosen Barca? Or Chelsea are just taking a leaf out of the Manchester United book of negotiating: have no clear strategy in place, adopt a wild and panicked scattergun approach.

Widow

Wonder if that means Raphinha has chosen Barca? Or Chelsea are just taking a leaf out of the Manchester United book of negotiating: have no clear strategy in place, adopt a wild and panicked scattergun approach.

Deco has been in the office of Barca this morning to try and get the deal done, apparently. It looks like a move to Chelsea is ready to be completed if Barca fail to sort the finances.

TheReligion

Abusive
United haven’t had a scattergun approach this season?

Cloud7

If he doesn’t immediately want to come to Chelsea and is desperate for Barca I hope we just move on. We can’t let a player hold up all our other business while he waits for a club in a dire financial situation to find some money from somewhere.

Why any top player would fancy a move to the current Barca is beyond me but if that’s where his heart is set on, I hope we move on.
The prestige of playing for Real and Barca can't be diminished by anything really

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yeah, Barca and Real are still the biggest draws. They have to kick de jong out to get him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.