Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameyzane

Move on Christ's sake. Shit club with poor transfer moves.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment but that's exactly what's going to happen if we want to sign him.
Not really, they don’t have much leverage given their financial situation. If our negotiators are that shit to get held hostage by a team which is desperate for money to meet short term obligations, then that says it all really.

Speedicut75

Not really, they don’t have much leverage given their financial situation. If our negotiators are that shit to get held hostage by a team which is desperate for money to meet short term obligations, then that says it all really.
Maybe their leverage is merely to retain the services of a decent midfielder?
Anyway, I hope you're right, and we don't allow ourselves to be led by the nose into an auction where we're the only bidder, but previous efforts on this front have left me a bit gun shy when it comes to making statements about our competence where the market is concerned.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Maybe their leverage is merely to retain the services of a decent midfielder?
Anyway, I hope you're right, and we don't allow ourselves to be led by the nose into an auction where we're the only bidder, but previous efforts on this front have left me a bit gun shy when it comes to making statements about our competence where the market is concerned.
When he’s one of their few high value assets that has a genuine buyer, they don’t have much leverage.

Blood Mage

Shades of 2013 about this transfer window
I think the key difference is this time players are telling us to feck off because of the state we're in whereas last time Woodward and the club were just clueless without Fergie holding their hands.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: RMC Sport

Also, Chelsea will focus on Jules Koundé first as they find his transfer easier than Fofana's. Finally, there's no mention of United or Chelsea being "closely interested" in Fofana; they've basically rekindled their interest in the defender once he fully recovered from his injury.

EDIT: More info

Last edited:

RedChisel

I really want us to just pop up with an under the radar smart signing. All we are seeing is links with well known players for big fees who aren't convinced by the project. Would really signal a shift in our approach

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I really want us to just pop up with an under the radar smart signing. All we are seeing is links with well known players for big fees who aren't convinced by the project. Would really signal a shift in our approach
Same here…problem is our scouts are/were awful.

C'est Moi Cantona

Weren't players like, Dan James, Dalot, Bailly, even Martial, players like this?

Imo we just need to get what we can even if that means overpaying, and then let ETH show players that the project is working, rather than convince them, then next summers window will be loads easier.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Source: RMC Sport

Also, Chelsea will focus on Jules Koundé first as they find his transfer easier than Fofana's. Finally, there's no mention of United or Chelsea being "closely interested" in Fofana; they've basically rekindled their interest in the defender once he fully recovered from his injury.

EDIT: More info
Ah, signing a Leicester defender for £80m…what could go wrong?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He is Tier 4 according to the Barcelona reliability guide.
I've only seen one report from Luis Rojo in the past year that was more speculative than I'd expect, and that was about Emerson Royal being targeted by Atletico Madrid. Whenever he's reported on Barcelona, he's mostly been in line with what other reliable journalists have reported even though he does get a little more speculative (hence his Tier 2 placement in the Caf list).

Mick1

Liverpool being interested in Darwin probably means he's very good.
Not necessarily. It means he d be a great fit for them as established by advanced football analytics.
Liverpool don't get the best players, they get the best players for their system.

Think they re industry leaders in data science and have some top names in academia working on their models. I'd guess very few Liverpool players would play anywhere near as well in any other team.

Anyhow, personally think Nunez is too much of a gamble at the prices being quited. Reminds me of the summer we got Lukaku and Chelsea got Morata in the most uninspiring transfer race I could remember. Everyone and their dog knew both teams were massively overpaying for non top level players

Mick1

What chance Chelsea buy Sangare using the funds from selling us Kante. Then Kante rapidly declines while Sangare rips it up. Alternatively, Sangare and De Jong is a £100m midfield fix for us.
That's what we thought when we bought Matic from them and they ot Bakayoko. Matic didn't pull any tress here, but Bakayoko (?) was a disaster. Hope for more of the same

Rake

I've only seen one report from Luis Rojo in the past year that was more speculative than I'd expect, and that was about Emerson Royal being targeted by Atletico Madrid. Whenever he's reported on Barcelona, he's mostly been in line with what other reliable journalists have reported even though he does get a little more speculative (hence his Tier 2 placement in the Caf list).
Since you have made an informed decision and the news are good, i choose to believe you 100% :D

Bestietom

Sangare is a monster and Ten Hag knows all about him. 30million euro is a bargain for him and just what we need as holding midfielder.

Cloud7

Now that we have our own United thread we can really reinforce that we aren't really getting up to much thus far :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.