Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I don't think so. They already have several young forwards in their lineup, so they don't necessarily need a straight-up loan for Elanga. If we do loan him out, then I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund negotiate a purchase option into the deal.
You do wonder why they would want him on a loan though, looking at their depth chart:
LW — Donny Maalen/Torgen Hazard
ST — Haller / Modeste / Moukoko
RW — Adeyemi / Bynoe Gittens

But given the tight schedule coming up for them too, Elanga would probably play a fair amount of games for them. Noticed that Dortmund has only played one game after the World Cup, we have what 5? Odd.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
You do wonder why they would want him on a loan though, looking at their depth chart:
LW — Donny Maalen/Torgen Hazard
ST — Haller / Modeste / Moukoko
RW — Adeyemi / Bynoe Gittens

But given the tight schedule coming up for them too, Elanga would probably play a fair amount of games for them. Noticed that Dortmund has only played one game after the World Cup, we have what 5? Odd.
I don't want to deviate the thread too far away, so this'll be my last message about this.

We should also add Gio Reyna in Dortmund's depth chart. He often plays out wide along with playing in the #10 role. Brandt is similar but frequently plays as a #10. Given that Elanga's game isn't so refined, there's no reason for Dortmund to want to deal with that unless they are developing him for themselves and their medium/long-term goals. A straight-up loan would work if, say, both Bynoe-Gittens and Hazard were unavailable.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 3): Alan Nixon

Nixon's made his account private on top of providing the majority of his football reports from his Patreon account, so there's no way to directly cite this.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Reapersoul20 in the Scott McTominay transfer thread:

Source (Tier 2):
  • The trio referred to in the Tweet: Ziyech, Loftus-Cheek, and Gallagher
  • Newcastle's main priority is a CM, but they're also looking for a new winger & right back
  • Newcastle will only go after players in their summer 2023 shortlist
    • Funds will come off the summer transfer budget for any January transfer.
  • Newcastle are also looking at Ruben Neves, but he's thought to be out of Newcastle's budget.
    • Wolves also don't want to sell Neves this month.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be really, really unhappy if we spunked £80m-£100m on someone like Rice.
Absolutely no chance we go for Rice in my opinion. We spent 70m on Casemiro, we are not going to invest that heavily in that area again one summer after.

Withnail

Thanks to @Reapersoul20 in the Scott McTominay transfer thread:

Source (Tier 2):
  • Newcastle's main priority is a CM, but they're also looking for a new winger & right back
  • Newcastle will only go after players in their summer 2023 shortlist
    • Funds will come off the summer transfer budget for any January transfer.
  • Newcastle are also looking at Ruben Neves, but he's thought to be out of Newcastle's budget.
    • Wolves also don't want to sell Neves this month.
Go on Newcastle, Do us a favour, give us 50m and we can reinvest in a CM.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

Source (Tier 3): Alan Nixon

Nixon's made his account private on top of providing the majority of his football reports from his Patreon account, so there's no way to directly cite this.
Any chance of Chelsea jumping in bidding something with 9 figures?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
A better passer like De Jong, he would be twice the player Ericksen currently is for us.
I agree that Rice isn’t a good fit next to Casemiro. Preferable we get more mobility too. More of a No 8. De Jong style wise is a great fit.

If Southampton goes down, I would be all over Romeo Lavia.

Last edited:

jeepers

I agree that Rice isn’t a good fit next to Casemiro. Preferable we get more mobility too. More of a No 8. De Jong style wise is a great fit.

If Southampton goes down, I would be all over Romeo Lavia.
City have a buyback clause for Lavia. I could see them activating it to replace Gundogan.

Wheato

10 years too late. I was a big muppet fan of him around Fergie' last and Moye's first season.
Mate, he made 17 assists in the Bundesliga last season. SEVENTEEN. (And scored 8 goals)

That is the difference between winning a title and coming 3rd.

Getting him in on a 2 year deal, to rotate with Bruno and Erikson is a no brainer for me. He won't be run into the ground and getting injured, and he doesn't need a season to settle, he's seen and done it all. He will walk straight into the team and click, just like Erikson did. It will be like having 2 Erikson's.

If this goes ahead, I'll be pretty impressed. Elanga the other way too.

Mr.Hik

Mate, he made 17 assists in the Bundesliga last season. SEVENTEEN. (And scored 8 goals)

Getting him in on a 2 year deal, to rotate with Bruno and Erikson is a no brainer for me. He won't be run into the ground and getting injured, and he doesn't need a season to settle, he's seen and done it all. He will walk straight into the team and click, just like Erikson did. It will be like having 2 Erikson's.

Last thing what we need is 33 y old sicknote on stupid wages.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Well there you go. That's much more productive than I thought. I had him written off seasons ago. We're probably still wary of past it talent contributing nothing to our on field progress. The ghost of Bastian still lingers on these pages. I have 100% confidence that such a signing is utterly impossible under Ten Hag. I'd love to see Reus added to our options.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
City have a buyback clause for Lavia. I could see them activating it to replace Gundogan.
Darn, saw that it was 40m. Lets just hope that he doesn't have a Anti-Manchester United Clause. I don't believe that would hold up in court in the UK and City have failed to get those into contracts before (like with Sancho). At 40m, City wouldn't buy him just for the sake of it, but if they wanted him he is of course theirs to have.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tier 2:

Key points:

Surely it needs to be a similar base wage he's currently earning and then incentivised. That should go for all the team really.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
When I saw the earlier tweet, I wondered if we'd be in for him. Just the sort of GK that could replace DeGea. Plus he'd be a free transfer in June.
Guess again ;)

Hoping the price starts at 20-25 million and the auction starts from there - that american fella at Chelsea seems a bit flashy so hopefully drives the price up...

Raya is quality though and much better on the ball than De Gea and replacing one rubbish penalty saving goalie with another wouldn't weaken you in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.