Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Declan Rice would be such an amazing signing. A typical Fergie signing and he would be such a hit at United.

StiffTackle

Would Utd really need Mount and Rice?

Casemiro and Fernandes would still both be expected starters
If we want to compete with a team that have De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Foden and Phillips in Midfield then yes we do need them or players of equivalent quality.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Give them Maguire, pay them 20 mil more and get Rice! Would be huge!

Apokalips

Would Utd really need Mount and Rice?

Casemiro and Fernandes would still both be expected starters
The best teams think bigger than just having a couple of permanent starters which leaves you screwed the minute one is injured or suspended. There are more than enough games to go around. Look at Real adding Bellingham to a list of Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde, Modric and Kroos.

I am glad we are finally starting to bolster our options so that we aren't just one incident away from McFred or Lindelof-Maguire combos again. Although Mount and Rice are not my ideal targets, but whatevs.

captaincantona

Sell McT, release Sabitzer and get in Mount and Rabiot.

Send Weghorst back and get in Hojlund. Grab Benzema for a season.

Get Pavard/Kim

Good summer.

Dannn411

Rice is very goodand I would like him at the club but man +£100m is just too steep a price to pay when there are CMs who are just as good out there for half the price. We can get two quality CM/DMs for the price fecking West Ham will quote for Rice. +£100m should be reserved for transformational players honestly. We need to learn our lesson with Maguire, Pogba, Antony, Sancho and stop massively overpaying for players. Particularly in our context where we have so many holes to plug and we have so many horrible contracts that we are struggling to get rid of, this just does not make financial sense.

stu_1992

Maybe just stating the obvious after the Dalot news yesterday, but I'm happy with this. Never thought we needed to be focusing on this with so many other areas that need addressing.

Robertd0803

Maybe just stating the obvious after the Dalot news yesterday, but I'm happy with this. Never thought we needed to be focusing on this with so many other areas that need addressing.
Yeah its not the priority in comparison with other areas in the team.

Plus if we go back in for Timber he can cover RB as well. Should put the Pavard links to bed though by my reckoning.

James35

Whoever we may or may not sign, we might as well strap in, I doubt we sign anyone significant in time for pre season.

I expect long drawn out sagas for everyone. It’s the United way.

Hopefully movement on club sale next week at least as that is my biggest concern right now.

Hoof the ball

Now the prospective Mount signing makes more sense... though seems rather an expensive negotiating ploy
Yeah, I fecking knew it. They did their homework and realised that Mount and Rice are joined at the hip. It's a massive draw being able to play and travel with your best friend at a big club.

Ten Hag probably knows that Mount would be useful to him in a tactical capacity and it'd be a sweet bait for Rice to play alongside Casemiro.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Rice is very goodand I would like him at the club but man +£100m is just too steep a price to pay when there are CMs who are just as good out there for half the price. We can get two quality CM/DMs for the price fecking West Ham will quote for Rice. +£100m should be reserved for transformational players honestly. We need to learn our lesson with Maguire, Pogba, Antony, Sancho and stop massively overpaying for players. Particularly in our context where we have so many holes to plug and we have so many horrible contracts that we are struggling to get rid of, this just does not make financial sense.
Well said.

BarstoolProphet

Yeah, I fecking knew it. They did their homework and realised that Mount and Rice are joined at the hip. It's a massive draw being able to play and travel with your best friend at a big club.
Worked wonders for us when we signed Kleberson first then our main target Ron ... Oh.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The reason why Mount's fee is supposedly going to be higher than expected:

Either we pay more than £50m for Mount, or we wait until next year to get him for free.

rajds89

This is why I dislike UtdPlug. They plagiarise whatever Tweet another aggregator sends out and don't even verify the info with the source. At this point, I'd like them to be banned.
That account is basically Mark Goldbridge in Twitter form.

CaseHero

Could Laird feature in that mix? I think it's injuries that have always hindered him or has his ship sailed? Was a mixed season for him, few standout games overseen by 3 different managers in a very dysfunctional season for QPR.

Baxquux

Ah man don't get my hopes up! I think this lad will be really special. I also expect him to go somewhere like Dortmund though...
Adeyemi's their 'project' though (with Haller for the present) . I think 45-50m Euro plus achievable and CL winner/PL winner-add ons is what we'll be prepared/able to pay for a 'project' player , given other needs, with a loan/cut-price 'experienced' striker the other FWD signing, and then potential Kane -or, as an outside bet, given Madrid factor, Mbappe - megadeal free signing next summer. And he should be purchasable for that after negotiations, particularly with the 'growing up MU supporter'/new agent factors in play...

Mr Smith

The reason why Mount's fee is supposedly going to be higher than expected:

Either we pay more than £50m for Mount, or we wait until next year to get him for free.
Chelsea have an extrodinary nerve asking for 80mil given the state they're in.

BelfastRed2021

I'm sure I read somewhere that starting with a midfield three of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno we had a 100% success rate. ETH knows what he is doing, but we just need to make sure there is adequate cover when any of them are injured / suspended.
When Casemiro Eriksen and Bruno have started 24 matches 4 draws 1 defeat and 19 wins the one defeat and 3 of the draws where when bruno was out left with weghorst at ten

croadyman

The best teams think bigger than just having a couple of permanent starters which leaves you screwed the minute one is injured or suspended. There are more than enough games to go around. Look at Real adding Bellingham to a list of Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde, Modric and Kroos.

I am glad we are finally starting to bolster our options so that we aren't just one incident away from McFred or Lindelof-Maguire combos again. Although Mount and Rice are not my ideal targets, but whatevs.
Who are your ideal targets?

Dazzmondo

Very disappointed if true. Think rb is a big problem area for us and leaves the team completely unbalanced on the right

kirk buttercup

Nope, we should stay away. West Ham are doing everything they can to cultivate a bidding war and we should stay out of it.
Agree . Rice is a decent player but they are trying to cash in on him big time ,there are plenty of other alternatives for less money. We need to shop sensibly

Status
Not open for further replies.