Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/footbal...uth-west-london-amid-t_sto8753491/story.shtml

Speaking to Gary Neville on The Overlap Extra, the 23-year-old said: "'I'm here [Kingston] all the time.
"I've always wanted to stay close to this place.
"I feel like I don't want to lose my roots."
Found out a few years ago he lived with his folks about 200 yards down the road from me.

You'd have to be a footballer to get a decent house in Kingston these days.

I like him, but it's a hell of a wedge.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Bayern accelerate to sign Kolo Muani, with Sergio Santos.
  • PSG want Marcus Thuram.
  • Salernitana to sign Boulaye Dia.
  • [Saudi] Arabia push for Alexis Sanchez.
  • Messi and Mac Allister's week.
The fee in the 2nd Tweet (translation from above):
Kolo Muani, very close to Bayern.

The deal is expected to be worth around 100 million Euros.
  • Al-Khaleej, Al-Fateh, Al-Saad, Galatasaray, and some South American clubs are showing interest in Alexis Sánchez
    • Alexis can renew his contract with Marseille for €4m net.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Manchester United pushes for Amrabat

The 'red devils' have made a move in the last few hours for the Moroccan midfielder of Fiorentina

Idxomer

He ticks a lot of boxes actually and would be a very good backup to Casemiro.

Baxquux

Manchester United pushes for Amrabat

The 'red devils' have made a move in the last few hours for the Moroccan midfielder of Fiorentina

Would not be against this one at all as a Case back-up and option to close out tight games - good energy (with ability to carry), technique and strength. Fred upgrade who can also play deepest midfield role reliably from what I've seen...

James35

He was very good in World Cup, would welcome that signing. Fiorentina just missed out on Europe also so he would probably want a move and not be ridiculously priced, then again it would be us they are dealing with, so maybe he would be.

Probably bollocks though.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He was very good in World Cup, would welcome that signing. Fiorentina just missed out on Europe also so he would probably want a move and not be ridiculously priced, then again it would be us they are dealing with, so maybe he would be.

There were reports in Spain a few weeks ago that Barca could sign him for around 20M. Amrabat only has one year left on his contract.

Josh 76

Fiorentina can still make EL by beating West Ham next Wednesday in the Europa Conference final.

Baxquux

People frothing at the mouth for Amrabat but crying about Mount. :lol:
Personally I'm not 'crying' about Mount (mildly sceptical, but can see where he might fit in to a suitably reshaped squad as part of other comings and goings) but I think the point i that Amrabat as a player actually fits a clear and obvious missing profile in terms of physicality, mobility , experience without being 'over the hill' and good technical ability as well as ability to play 6 and 8 alike....

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Personally I'm not 'crying' about Mount (mildly sceptical, but can see where he might fit in to a suitably reshaped squad as part of other comings and goings) but I think the point i that Amrabat as a player actually fits a clear and obvious missing profile in terms of physicality, mobility , experience without being 'over the hill' and good technical ability as well as ability to play 6 and 8 alike....
He'll be cheap though and does what Mount doesn't do from deeper positions. Both of them together will drastically improve our midfield options.

lysglimt

Scout
Well if we pick up Kim and Mount by mid-june, I certainly wont complain to our start of the transfer window

ThanksBoss26

Unless we’re planning to use Rashford more as a striker.
Yep that's what I reckon. Rashford first choice while bringing Hojlund through.

If we are after a winger though I expect it'll be a squad option as sooner rather than later I think Garnacho will be earmarked for that spot regularly. And no idea where that leaves Sancho.

Baxquux

Yep that's what I reckon. Rashford first choice while bringing Hojlund through.

If we are after a winger though I expect it'll be a squad option as sooner rather than later I think Garnacho will be earmarked for that spot regularly. And no idea where that leaves Sancho.
Surely Sancho being sold in this case (though with the wages, market seems pretty limited). I guess someone like Marcus Thuram, who can play on the wings, as a 10 (I think) and as a 9 when necessary, and available on a free would be a viable squad upgrade in this case. Not sure how there's room in transfer budget otherwise if mount, another cm, a striker and cb (let alone competitive 2nd choice goalie) are being pursued....

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wouldn’t be so sure, there’s not even that many on the market.
Maybe they know that Levy just won't sell to another PL team, even though the money would be useful to a new manager, so it will be him off to Real or teams hoping he will sit out his contract and go on a free. The latter could work as long as the likes of Liverpool don't get involved by then or City don't fancy stockpiling on strikers.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
FRED SPOKE WITH FRED CALDEIRA! After the runner-up of Manchester United in the FA Cup, the midfielder answered in the mixed zone about his future and the club's season. Check it out!
The full quote on his future:
I still don't know, I have to talk with my family. I still have one year left on my contract here. Now it's holiday time and a good opportunity to rest. I'll talk to my staff, to the club, and see what everyone's decision is.

I do have to talk with Ten Hag as well; he's the manager, and the conversation has to involve everyone. We have to see how next season will play out. I want to be important; I want to help the team, so we'll see. But I've always been and still am very happy at Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.