Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

Not the worst idea. If he starts doing well somewhere then they can see how the reception is. If people get used to him playing again then they can always recall him, or if they decide to get rid then at least his value should rise due to playing again.

croadyman

Not the worst idea. If he starts doing well somewhere then they can see how the reception is. If people get used to him playing again then they can always recall him, or if they decide to get rid then at least his value should rise due to playing again.
Yeah wouldn't be against the idea

Cloud7

If the club wants to send him on loan then there seems to be some sort of consideration to seeing if he can be brought back into the fold in some way.

You would think if we were dead set against it that they would have tried to find some way to sell him this summer, even if it meant subsidizing his wages to an extent.

A loan move seems to be a kind of uncomfortable middle ground where they're kicking the problem one year down the road to make a decision then.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If the club wants to send him on loan then there seems to be some sort of consideration to seeing if he can be brought back into the fold in some way.

You would think if we were dead set against it that they would have tried to find some way to sell him this summer, even if it meant subsidizing his wages to an extent.

A loan move seems to be a kind of uncomfortable middle ground where they're kicking the problem one year down the road to make a decision then.
easier to market a player when you know what level he’s at. MG hasn’t kicked a ball in nearly 2 years

Cloud7

easier to market a player when you know what level he’s at. MG hasn’t kicked a ball in nearly 2 years
I get that but if the decision has been made to sell him, then surely that's being made on a basis of the moral/ethical side of not wanting him at the club, in which case would they really be looking at how much they can get for him, or would they just want to be rid of the problem as quickly as possible?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I get that but if the decision has been made to sell him, then surely that's being made on a basis of the moral/ethical side of not wanting him at the club, in which case would they really be looking at how much they can get for him, or would they just want to be rid of the problem as quickly as possible?
Or they know he’s not fit, and can build up again away from the glare of the English press presumably.

then in a years time they either sell when he’s back to some kind of level again or bring him back into the fold if they think it’s feasible.

I also think the glazers are cowards for not making that call. How much more do they want to investigate? They’re just kicking the can die a different owner to sort

Cloud7

Or they know he’s not fit, and can build up again away from the glare of the English press presumably.

then in a years time they either sell when he’s back to some kind of level again or bring him back into the fold if they think it’s feasible.

I also think the glazers are cowards for not making that call. How much more do they want to investigate? They’re just kicking the can die a different owner to sort
I should preface this by saying that I don't want him to come back, and so I view them sending him out on loan as looking into a way to try to bring him back in, an idea I am not too fond of, though of course this isn't the place for that discussion.

Regarding the bolded part I have also thought about this, that they seem happy to just leave that for the next owner to sort out. Although knowing how they usually operate, I am not sure if they would actually be involved in that decision or if they've left it to Arnold.

Red_toad

Maguire looking to stay? So he can be 6th choice centre half, lose his England spot and earn an extra few million per year?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Bizarre. He's such a nothing player.
Finished as the player with highest pass accuracy of any defender in the Premier league last season.

Can't point to any major error he made either. We'd have been fecked without his stepping in after Martinez and Varane got injured.

Great back up player.

Judas

Open to offers
Finished as the player with highest pass accuracy of any defender in the Premier league last season.

Can't point to any major error he made either. We'd have been fecked without his stepping in after Martinez and Varane got injured.

Great back up player.
That's astonishing. But his passing is one of his better quality. I just don't find him a very convincing defender, never have.

Zed 101

Maguire looking to stay? So he can be 6th choice centre half, lose his England spot and earn an extra few million per year?
I think Southgate will play him even if we stuck him in the reserves and didn't register him with the prem etc... all it takes is for a few journalists to question something and Southgate will belligerently stick to it

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He literally only makes major errors :lol:, could be having an amazing game then the one thing he does wrong leads to a goal or a near goal.
This season I'm talking about when he came in after Martinez got injured. I can't recall a single error he made in that time.

OmarUnited4ever

Status
Not open for further replies.