Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

If he were a jones type player sure, but henderson easily starts for most top half teams, the fact that we can't get likes of newcastle to sign him is a failure on our part.
How is it a failure on our part? We're supposed to force teams to buy him?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Arsenal reportedly made 3 signings already, wth is going on at utd, i knew this would happen.
Arsenal have had all season to target and start the talks with their targets as have all the other teams. ETH has literally just began the job.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Could someone just alter the title when there is a tweet posted so we don't waste our time coming in here.
The feed is a good place to start from if you want to see new United Tweets first and foremost. The new design is based on the fact that people are going through the feed first before entering the respective threads.

SmallCaine

I quite like the idea that Pool and City have "dross" on their books. Were these guys dross when they were signed? Or did City and Pool manage to turn them into dross? Or is it only United who manage this?
These are some of liverpool's sales in last few years Harry wilson 10 mn, dejan lovren 10 mn, Simon Mignolet 6mn, We would fail to get a penny for any of these players if we had them. Unless you are of the opinion that these were all considered world class when at liverpool. Every team has rubbish players, that don't perform well, we keep stock piling them, liverpool and city shift them out and try and replace them with better players.

SmallCaine

How is it a failure on our part? We're supposed to force teams to buy him?
How about getting rid of them when we have a chance to, we could have gotten newcastle to cough up 30+mn in jan, but nope didn't want to sell. How about not losing your nerves so completely that you seem to be agreeing to a loan deal with a 20mn option. Most teams take their time when selling a player while try to complete the business as quickly as possible when buying, we for some god forsaken reason seem to think the opposite holds true.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How about not losing your nerves so completely that you seem to be agreeing to a loan deal with a 20mn option. Most teams take their time when selling a player while try to complete the business as quickly as possible when buying, we for some god forsaken reason seem to think the opposite holds true.
Where are you getting this from? No one has indicated that United are willing to accept Forest's initial offer. Romano himself has portrayed his sources' confidence that the deal will get done, but that doesn't mean that it will be done on the first offer.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The feed is a good place to start from if you want to see new United Tweets first and foremost. The new design is based on the fact that people are going through the feed first before entering the respective threads.
I know. It is just coming in and there is nothing much positive. Hopefully there will be soon.

Suv666

Its been disappointing so far. Cant see us signing more than 3.

Hackman2210

Arsenal have had all season to target and start the talks with their targets as have all the other teams. ETH has literally just began the job.
ETH would have been tapped up months ago and would have given us a list of who he wants and doesn’t want. It is a total failure on our part in terms of negotiating. We haven’t got a fecking clues how to conduct a transfer. We drop our pants and bend over at the first opportunity.
It’s really embarrassing. The glazers are toxic and who wants to come to a toxic club? No one in their prime that’s for sure. Tottenham are a bigger pull - CL, new stadium and sound manager. What have we got European song contest, ram shackle stadium and new manager with toxic board.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
ETH would have been tapped up months ago and would have given us a list of who he wants and doesn’t want. It is a total failure on our part in terms of negotiating. We haven’t got a fecking clues how to conduct a transfer. We drop our pants and bend over at the first opportunity.
It’s really embarrassing. The glazers are toxic and who wants to come to a toxic club? No one in their prime that’s for sure. Tottenham are a bigger pull - CL, new stadium and sound manager. What have we got European song contest, ram shackle stadium and new manager with toxic board.
He did tell them who he didn't want new contracts handing out to and they have gone. He also apparently said he doesn't want AWB, who we likely struggling to sell because we overpay him.

bazza3727

And moaning fans who'll be on his back from the off!

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He was literally interviewed a few months ago and then got the job. Arteta has been at Arsenal for a while now and has his targets that they are getting. Ten Hag hasn't even had a chance to assess the team in person in training.

Hackman2210

He was literally interviewed a few months ago and then got the job. Arteta has been at Arsenal for a while now and has his targets that they are getting. Ten Hag hasn't even had a chance to assess the team in person in training.
He would have had player and wage demands - its naïvete to think otherwise. The board are a shambles - AWB £50mil, DVdB 35mil.

roseguy64

How about getting rid of them when we have a chance to, we could have gotten newcastle to cough up 30+mn in jan, but nope didn't want to sell. How about not losing your nerves so completely that you seem to be agreeing to a loan deal with a 20mn option. Most teams take their time when selling a player while try to complete the business as quickly as possible when buying, we for some god forsaken reason seem to think the opposite holds true.
You know that the deal hasn't been completed yet right? You're preemptively complaining. Myself? I prefer to wait and see the final result of things like this before complaining. Transfers change all the time before the deal is signed. No use crying over it before as there will be different journalists stating different things before it's done.

Josep Dowling

How can we not get at least £30m for Henderson? Seen worse players sell for more at other clubs. Had the option to sell him for a good price in January and didn’t. Had the option to sell him for a good price after a very good loan spell at Sheffield United and didn’t. Have never given him a real opportunity to make number 1. The club is horrendously bad with any form of player management.

NecssryEvil

So glad that all the other transfer tweets got split off the United ones so we have yet another thread littered with posters showing how clever they are by letting everyone know they think everything about this club sucks. The one thread I come to for a little news and hopefully some positivity and it has deteriorated in another contest of who can be the most divisive.

What happened to the rule of no discussions allowed, has that been removed with the recent changes?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
How can we not get at least £30m for Henderson? Seen worse players sell for more at other clubs. Had the option to sell him for a good price in January and didn’t. Had the option to sell him for a good price after a very good loan spell at Sheffield United and didn’t. Have never given him a real opportunity to make number 1. The club is horrendously bad with any form of player management.
There is that, but I think it's also the fact that we brought him back, tied him down to a stupid contract and didn't play him. His stock is too low to command the market rate.

It makes it appear that he's not as good as we thought upon the return from Sheffield United, and I think it might be true. I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
So glad that all the other transfer tweets got split off the United ones so we have yet another thread littered with posters showing how clever they are by letting everyone know they think everything about this club sucks. The one thread I come to for a little news and hopefully some positivity and it has deteriorated in another contest of who can be the most divisive.

What happened to the rule of no discussions allowed, has that been removed with the recent changes?
No. Op says DON’T…
  • Use the thread to moan (about the Tweets, United's targets, other teams' targets compared to United's, moaners, etc.).
and people will be warned and eventually thread banned.

redcucumber

Eh? When was no discussions a rule of the transfer Tweet thread? If you you don't want to see comments you can use the Tweet tab at the top which only shows Tweets. I agree that the constant moaning about how the shite the club is are fecking tedious, though.

NecssryEvil

Eh? When was no discussions a rule of the transfer Tweet thread? If you you don't want to see comments you can use the Tweet tab at the top which only shows Tweets. I agree that the constant moaning about how the shite the club is are fecking tedious, though.
It was a rhetorical, I knew the answer…. As BKR noted above, it is, and has been for a long time, a rule for the tweets thread - no extended discussions.

• Use the thread to moan (about the Tweets, United's targets, other teams' targets compared to United's, moaners, etc.).
  • Post off-topic comments or hold extended discussions over a single Tweet (that span multiple pages). Create a new thread instead.
This annoys me far more than scrolling past a few tweets about teams/players I don’t give a shit about.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The bottom half clubs don't really have 30m between the sofa cushions to spend on a keeper who hasn't played in a year. It's a shame Newcastle didn't end up buying him in January. Hopefully there'll be no buy option and he'll have a storming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.