Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Antony's very talented, but most importantly, he has intensity and determination in his play - something Rashford, Sancho and Martial all lack.

Would love this signing. Even for €80m. Feck the stats, he's gonna be a star.
Supposed to be a hard worker off the ball too right ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 4:
News: Manchester United is preparing a new offer for Antony. It should be 100M€ bonus included (80M€ + 20M€) and could be accepted.

Antony wants MU.
Ajax is probing potential replacements: Ziyech, Justin Kluivert.
Translation:

Summary:

Eplel

I like Carrasco, he's reliable. If we can get him for below 30M that would be a great deal.

SamMank_86

Bit wary of Carrasco, not doubting his talent but clearly chasing the money after moving to China. Of course he'd love the idea of signing for us because we offer big wages!

theklr

I don't usually bother about fees but that's ludicrous! He's not worth half of that.

Pulisic would actually be better overall I think.
Pulisic werent allowed though?

Yeah, its a huge gamble on his talent and development, but ETH rates him , he likes to take people on and he’s left footed.

Its a gamble worth taking I guess.

rajds89

100m for Antony is absurd. Is the kid good enough? Perhaps, I’ve not seen a great deal of him to say either way but one things for sure.. better players have struggled to live up to a price tag of that size and all the pressures that come with it. That said, it could of course go the other way and he takes it upon himself to absolutely smash it and show everyone why so much money was spent on him.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He’s 20 years old, has been here two years, and shown the square root of feck all. Why shouldn’t we sell him?
He’s been here a year and a half and gone through 2 managerial changes.. it’s still early to write him off.. we’ve given others way more chances to succeed.. until we don’t see him perform under ETH it’s too early to make assumptions..

HookedOnAPhelan

He’s been here a year and a half and gone through 2 managerial changes.. it’s still early to write him off.. we’ve given others way more chances to succeed.. until we don’t see him perform under ETH it’s too early to make assumptions..
If we can get a decent fee, we should absolutely sell him (possibly with a buy-back clause). There's nothing that suggests he's going to make it here.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I'd expect it to be Varane and Martinez before too long. Maguire has been putting on disasterclass performances that are going to see him dropped.
I’d hope so but I just think it’ll take a lot more to bench him on a longterm basis.. Maguire may get benched in the short term but once the team has gone through an adequate amount of coaching and quality midfield signings under ETH then he may even take his spot back.. Martinez will have his own fair share of feck ups too.. really not excited to see him playing against tall physically imposing CBs..

kunal18

Source (Tier 2):

• Piera also mentioned United's interest in Dest.
  • Barcelona aren't interested in entering a bidding war against Manchester United.
  • Barcelona's new right back targets: Foyth, Bellerín, and Vanderson
Seems they watched the PSV vs Monaco qualifier in which he had Cody Gakpo in his backpocket.

Suv666

Tier 4:

Translation:

Summary:
This would be a mistake. He would crumble under the pressure and the media scrutiny that comes along with being an expensive signing.

If it wasn't for Ten Hag we wouldn't even be aware of Antony. Madness paying anywhere close to that amount.
Save the money and spend it in January.

Club thought Nunez was too expensive...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are we going for both? If we only sign Gakpo its a problem

Alemar

This would be a mistake. He would crumble under the pressure and the media scrutiny that comes along with being an expensive signing.
He wouldn’t be a mistake - he would be a part of fluid attacking line including Sancho and Martial, maybe Bruno as well. We need more quality up front, and Antony brings that

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Signing Gakpo as a striker and Antony for the right wing makes sense tbf. Cannot see the logic behind Gakpo being an alternative to Antony.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Stop shopping in Eredivise ffs
I would rather have Carrasco
Gakpo is the the best player in the league
I share your sceptism, but it would be strange if Gakpo wasn't on our radar (or anyone else's for that matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.