Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OT_United

Doesn't fit in Pep's City, especially at LW. Ship Donny and Fred out and get him in as midfield cover for Bruno & Eriksen, would be a steal at 40/50m.

Erik the Red

Doesn't fit in Pep's City, especially at LW. Ship Donny and Fred out and get him in as midfield cover for Bruno & Eriksen, would be a steal at 40/50m.
Better to let Villa take him off City's hands for even less, and we will pay Villa a fee to act as the agent. That way we don't have to deal with City and Villa will get a share of the fee instead of us enriching City.

Serious question - why are things not working out for Grealish at City? Is it Pep's tactics, the way he is used, or stage fright? He looked a world beater at Villa.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Serious question - why are things not working out for Grealish at City? Is it Pep's tactics, the way he is used, or stage fright? He looked a world beater at Villa.
He’s been described on these boards as the English Ronaldinho which is correct if we’re talking about the Ronaldinho after he had won everything and was more interested in partying.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He’s been described on these boards as the English Ronaldinho which is correct if we’re talking about the Ronaldinho after he had won everything and was more interested in partying.
Yeah seems to be all about self image, anytime you see him he always trying to be centre of attention. Even still, great player and would take him for the team as he offers something different, very comfortable on the ball, can beat players and has an eye for a pass.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The Ten Hag quotes on this:
Always to use such breaks [is] useful. We have many meetings, we have to improve the structures in and around the club, we will do. We will also look to the window in January or next summer already but also to improve our way of playing by making plans and, of course, this coming period with every third day a game we have to get ready for that.

cyberman

as much as I love Ten Hag, the recruitment should not be left to the manager. It should be an on going process lead by scouts and data analysts.
Can’t he help rehabilitate the recruitment as well though? I keep seeing this point being made as if bringing in a DOF isn’t as big of a risk as having Ten Hag help restructure the recruitment side of the club. Their use of bringing players in and bringing consistency over the manager is stupidly overblown on here.
Look at a Klopp. All this talk about Martin Edwards genius and all that but Klopp joined Liverpool before him and Edward left last season so Klopp even outlasted him and as he leaves they spend 100m on fecking Nunez.Where is the smooth transition there? Fans act as if DOF don’t move around as much as managers do. Why is it less of a risk in recruiting DOF to lead transfers and buy into the clubs philosophy than it is to recruit managers with the very same objective?

edcunited1878

as much as I love Ten Hag, the recruitment should not be left to the manager. It should be an on going process lead by scouts and data analysts.
He's part of the process and the lift he might have is really unknown. But he's been part of successful structures at Bayern Munich, obviously Ajax, and even with Go Ahead Eagles. So he's got some keen insight into structures and how it can all develop in support of the first team.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I like that there seems to be a plan for setting up the recruitment this time around. It's only natural they'd want Ten Hag to be involved in setting it up. Doesn't mean he's going to be running it after that.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Can’t he help rehabilitate the recruitment as well though? I keep seeing this point being made as if bringing in a DOF isn’t as big of a risk as having Ten Hag help restructure the recruitment side of the club. Their use of bringing players in and bringing consistency over the manager is stupidly overblown on here.
Look at a Klopp. All this talk about Martin Edwards genius and all that but Klopp joined Liverpool before him and Edward left last season so Klopp even outlasted him and as he leaves they spend 100m on fecking Nunez.Where is the smooth transition there? Fans act as if DOF don’t move around as much as managers do. Why is it less of a risk in recruiting DOF to lead transfers and buy into the clubs philosophy than it is to recruit managers with the very same objective?
Yes but thats not what I said I said it shouldnt be left up to him but he has to play a big part of it.

lysglimt

Scout
Yes but thats not what I said I said it shouldnt be left up to him but he has to play a big part of it.
Yes and no - he shouldn't have absolute power, but it will never be good if the manager wants one player, the scouts want another - and the club buy the player the scouts wanted. The best is probably if the scouts find and present 6-7 players in the position the manager wants, and the manager has the most say in which player to sign.

NoPace

Why wouldn’t we look to strengthen in January?

He should probably settle for demanding a RB he wants. That seems like the achievable January signing that would improve our squad since we're fecked if Dalot goes down.

ForeverRed1

We need to strengthen our attack if we’re going to get anywhere. We don’t score anywhere near enough goals. Need out and out goalscorers and there isn’t many of them about.

Swedish_Plumber

January comes just after a World Cup. We usually see a few gems unearthed so there will most likely be opportunities.

Don’t think we will see anymore funds until next summer though. Maybe only if wee see a few injuries to the front line.

lysglimt

Scout
The only player I can see us signing in january is a striker - that is the one position I am concerned about. If Dalot gets injured, we can still play Malacia there and use Shaw at the left. We can recall Laird, we can use AWB....there are good option for a short period of time, even if they are not ideal.

if Ronaldo continues to look 37 and Martials injury-problems continues, we realistically only have Rashford.

GreatDane

The only player I can see us signing in january is a striker - that is the one position I am concerned about. If Dalot gets injured, we can still play Malacia there and use Shaw at the left. We can recall Laird, we can use AWB....there are good option for a short period of time, even if they are not ideal.

if Ronaldo continues to look 37 and Martials injury-problems continues, we realistically only have Rashford.
A proper #9 who can bring others into play and spearhead our attack is needed, I agree.
Martial looked the part during pre-season but I fear that we can never truely trust him to stay fit.
Also need a keeper that fits Ten Hags style too, but not as needed as a striker imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree in that they shouldn't be the sole voice, but if he's attending meetings then he's far from that
Agreed.

At most clubs the DoF and head coach will lead on recruitment. But the input of the people heading the recruitment department will be just as important. Without the input of the head of recruitment/Chief scout the structure will be flawed. There's no successful DoF I know of who has succeeded without the aid of a capable head of recruitment/chief of scouting.

I'm actually pleased to hear ten Hag is getting involved in helping structure the football side of the club. And I've been vocal about United hiring a head coach and not a manager for several years now. Because a head coach will embrace the Sporting director model, like we've seen at Liverpool with Jurgen Klopp. Klopp in his first summer at Liverpool, signed players who were either associated with the RedBull clubs or were in-tune with his methods in the German Bundesliga. And that helped the Liverpool recruitment team to regroup in future transfer Windows and follow a set guiding principle which was set out by Jurgen Klopp. And this was a recruitment department that was widely ridiculed by both the Liverpool fans and the media, and some Liverpool fans would later even start a petition to ask for the removal of Michael Edwards as the Sporting Director after he was said to have played a role in the failed pursuit of Virgil Van Dijk.

In the modern game it's important for a DoF to hire a head coach and Chief of scouting of his choosing. Ten Hag is a DoF hire by all accounts, and the DoF has also brought in Simon Wells and Argentine, Jose Mayorga to lead the recruitment department. He's also brought in a head of data science in Dominic Jordan which will hopefully also aid the scouting and performance departments at the club. There might be more additions in the near future but the above is how the club is shaping up structurally from what I've learnt , and all the aforementioned names need to be involved in the recruitment meeting along with the head coach. And that should hopefully contribute towards aligning/streamlining the whole process, which is the key to success.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Vanderson, a right-back profile that Barça like (and a lot)

Barça already tried last summer to sign the Brazilian full-back from Monaco for whom half of the Premier League is bidding.
Sport Witness includes a screenshot of this newspaper snippet, which matches the article above:

Newcastle United and Barcelona both are also interested in Vanderson and are making moves to sign the player.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football

Source (Tier 2):

Sport Witness includes a screenshot of this newspaper snippet, which matches the article above:

Newcastle United and Barcelona both are also interested in Vanderson and are making moves to sign the player.
Can't say I've seen him play but how does he compare with the likes of Dalot and our other potential targets like Dumfries?

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd

Source (Tier 2):

His name sounds both Brazilian and Dutch at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.