Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: TV2

Sander Berge on the Chelsea & Liverpool links:
There was a lot of interest, concrete interest, you weighed things up a bit, it had to work out for both the club and me, and it didn’t happen. It’s always nice to sit in a position and know that there were clubs that were very interested. There is nothing negative about clubs of that size being mentioned, but you shouldn’t put too much into it. It can be flared up by very little, and it is not necessarily always right, even if there were big and interesting clubs that were in the picture. Not everything on the internet is true.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Official: João Pedro signs a new 6-year contract with Watford.

Linked to a mainstay PL club but move collapses, what do you do ?
A: Wait for January
B: Sign a 6 years contract in a yoyo club. :houllier:

Kostov

Tier 2:

It's funny how these "owned" journos try to find excuses for their clubs. "complicated", "big agent fees" just stop and admit you've missed on a top talent. Same goes for us. Brighton took the risk that is always there with young players, and now will make a huge profit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why should we care about the medical department at Chelsea?

Serious question, so don't take offense if I have the wrong end of the stick, but are you a Chelsea fan, because I always had the idea you were a United fan.
I didn't post the Tweet for the medical department. I Tweeted it out to highlight that Chelsea will go after two people as part of their new footballing structure. A bunch of directors have been linked to Chelsea, all of whom have various transfer and squad-building strategies. They've been linked to several different sporting directors, and for the technical director role, they've been eyeing up Paul Mitchell.

On the bolded part, yes, of course I'm a United fan. I'm only posting the Chelsea news because they're going through a ton of changes that will affect their standing in the future and, thus, affect our top-4 prospects. They are a direct rival of ours for the CL spots, after all.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I didn't post the Tweet for the medical department. I Tweeted it out to highlight that Chelsea will go after two people as part of their new footballing structure. A bunch of directors have been linked to Chelsea, all of whom have various transfer and squad-building strategies. They've been linked to several different sporting directors, and for the technical director role, they've been eyeing up Paul Mitchell.

On the bolded part, yes, of course I'm a United fan. I'm only posting the Chelsea news because they're going through a ton of changes that will affect their standing in the future and, thus, affect our top-4 prospects. They are a direct rival of ours for the CL spots, after all.
But why do we need to have a blow by blow account of Chelsea rumours?

We get hardly anything about United, rumours, or otherwise.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But why do we need to have a blow by blow account of Chelsea rumours?

We get hardly anything about United, rumours, or otherwise.
As Roseguy said and as Zaphod mentioned a while back, this is focused on teams outside of United. Chelsea are going through tons of changes, so there are lots of major developments. I'm glossing through a ton of news from all of these teams and am only reporting major developments. It's just that Chelsea, like Barcelona in & before the summer window, have lots of major developments.

United don't really have that much going on in relation to these two clubs. Same with Liverpool, City, Real Madrid, and Spurs (to name a few examples).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Boehly himself is currently working on enquiring about Bellingham.
  • Chelsea are also eyeing up Christopher Nkunku.
  • Preliminary talks held with Kanté's camp over a new contract
  • Mendy's yet to sign a new contract with Chelsea, and there's no guarantee that Mendy will remain at Chelsea.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Rafael Leão has not yet received a renewal offer from Milan.

The Portuguese's contract expires in 2024 and the Rossoneri want to extend it, but so far negotiations have stalled.

The Italian side want to move the deal forward in October and increase his salary to 6/7M.

In the summer, Chelsea informally offered a bid in excess of 100M, but Milan have referred to the 150M clause.

The Blues are still interested.
Translation:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Oh please do feck off Mr Guardiola, we won't miss you.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It will be interesting who the Wolves can bring in? Some big names needing a team.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Whaat? Gvardiol's release clause is only £43m? We were supposedly bidding double that during the summer.
Believe that Leipzig did the same thing with Gvardiol that they did with Nkunku - extended them with a lower release clause.

It's definitely odd that it's so low but presumably this was done so no one kicked up a fuss when they weren't allowed to leave this past summer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Believe that Leipzig did the same thing with Gvardiol that they did with Nkunku - extended them with a lower release clause.

It's definitely odd that it's so low but presumably this was done so no one kicked up a fuss when they weren't allowed to leave this past summer.
I mean getting Gvardiol and Nkunku for around 100m is pretty crazy when both would command at least 80m each without a release clause. So I'm not complaining :wenger:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I mean getting Gvardiol and Nkunku for around 100m is pretty crazy when both would command at least 80m each without a release clause. So I'm not complaining :wenger:
Oh it's extraordinarily good business if we can pull it off. Still need a midfielder but it's very encouraging. Can't help but think letting Werner go back at a discount was part of all this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.