Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
its not a given fact though - many factors that you count in is yet to be fulfilled - selling 5-6 players, clearing the debt, getting new sponsors that have more value than the current deal. So your confidence in replying this as debunked and not true seems quite over the top. Unless you have a magic crystal ball that can tell who will own us and how they will manage things
Where’s that thread? I don’t think we need to sell 6 players to spend 100m in the summer. With CL our revenues are 650m - we can spend 90% of that next year on wages, transfers and agent fees under FFP. Wage bill will be around 350m - leaving 235m on the rest. Looking at our transfer spend the last 5 years and the contract lengths I work out it’ll be around 150m amortised fees already committed next year - so that’s 85m without sales we can spend - amortise the agent and transfer fees over the length of a 5 year contract and that’s a hefty amount. Osimhen for example at 10m wages and 100m fee plus a 10m agent fee is 32m of that with a 5 year deal. So that’s 2 top players with a bit of change we could sign and be absolutely fine with CL. Without CL we could afford one. If we sell Martial/Maguire/AWB/Henderson and Mctominay on top we’ve got lots to spend if our owners wish us to do so. Obviously it’ll get harder as FFP gets stricter but that’s where our ambitious new owners boosting revenue streams come in.

ROFLUTION

Where’s that thread? I don’t think we need to sell 6 players to spend 100m in the summer. With CL our revenues are 650m - we can spend 90% of that next year on wages, transfers and agent fees under FFP. Wage bill will be around 350m - leaving 235m on the rest. Looking at our transfer spend the last 5 years and the contract lengths I work out it’ll be around 150m amortised fees already committed next year - so that’s 85m without sales we can spend - amortise the agent and transfer fees over the length of a 5 year contract and that’s a hefty amount. Osimhen for example at 10m wages and 100m fee plus a 10m agent fee is 32m of that with a 5 year deal. So that’s 2 top players with a bit of change we could sign and be absolutely fine with CL. Without CL we could afford one. If we sell Martial/Maguire/AWB/Henderson and Mctominay on top we’ve got lots to spend if our owners wish us to do so. Obviously it’ll get harder as FFP gets stricter but that’s where our ambitious new owners boosting revenue streams come in.
From
This FFP thread - if confident about your calculations, you should try and have a debate in that thread instead - would be nice for all to see if its true or not. To me that thread seems more spot on though. Messier1994 dives into the numbers there

croadyman

I don’t think ETH has any intention to sell Donny, and personally I’d be surprised if we sell Martial too - especially as we need all the strikers we can afford!
Where will he get opportunities though, also Martial is taking up a space in squad when just can't stay fit on a regular basis

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Where will he get opportunities though, also Martial is taking up a space in squad when just can't stay fit on a regular basis
ETH will give him opportunities. He’ll be patient with Donny because he ‘knows his quality’ from Ajax.
As for Martial, we need a striker or two already. I can’t see us selling our only 9. He was scoring regularly before his injury. Even if he becomes a squad option I feel Erik would rather keep him for depth.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Tier 1:

He'll have some extra competition in the midfield as Forest Green just signed former United academy product Charlie McCann from Rangers.
Why has he dropped so far down the leagues? Doesn't look like a good sign, him going to league 1.

jeepers

Why has he dropped so far down the leagues? Doesn't look like a good sign, him going to league 1.
Savage? Because he’s not that good? A nothing friendly showing some neat passing - we have plenty of players who have done that and can do that. I doubt he will even have a better career than McT or even Cleverley.

I hope I’m wrong though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Be interesting to hear latest from Peach about who he thinks will buy the club
I don't think he has any connections with the higher-ups. He mostly seems to be associated with the football team. If you want more reliable takeover info, then you should keep an eye on Ducker, The Athletic, or The Times.

McTerminator

Savage? Because he’s not that good? A nothing friendly showing some neat passing - we have plenty of players who have done that and can do that. I doubt he will even have a better career than McT or even Cleverley.

I hope I’m wrong though.
Career wise Cleverly did well. He’s got a premier league winners medal don’t forget.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Makes sense really he's nowhere near ready to play for us, so 6 months in league 1 and then a full season in the championship if he impresses.

Players his age need guaranteed games and he's more likely to get that in league 1 than the championship.

jeepers

Career wise Cleverly did well. He’s got a premier league winners medal don’t forget.
I didn’t mean personal accolades. I meant Cleverley playing in the top two English leagues - Premier League and Championship. Charlie Savage would have done well if his career consisted of PL and Championship football. We’ve had more talented youngsters who didn’t even up with a Championship career, let alone a PL one (in my honest opinion).

daveskimufc

Looks like we won't be bringing in any new faces until the summer
Always half expect a late late surprise. But I do not have these expectations this year. I don't think anyone else will come in, but I trust EtH. I'm sure there's plans in motion for summer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
  • Talks occurring over several possible exits
    • Emphasis on players getting regular playing time
  • Charlie McNeill
    • Loan interest from League One & Two clubs
    • Player's decision will be based on playing time guarantee over the footballing level
  • United are open to loans for both Di'Shon Bernard and Bjorn Hardley but won't loan them out if they won't get regular playing time.
  • Loan interest in Zidane Iqbal but no guarantee that he can leave given that he can possibly get some first-team involvement.

croadyman

Always half expect a late late surprise. But I do not have these expectations this year. I don't think anyone else will come in, but I trust EtH. I'm sure there's plans in motion for summer
Yeah that's my gut feeling too,just would be nice to have another striker option who offers something different to Weghorst. Tony just can't stay fit and doesn't possess much pace either

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Yeah that's my gut feeling too,just would be nice to have another striker option who offers something different to Weghorst. Tony just can't stay fit and doesn't possess much pace either
I reckon we need someone on the younger side who can ruthlessly run at defenders to complement Rashford’s quick forward attacking runs, which Weghorst can’t provide apart from pouncing on rebounds or second balls.

Yes Tony is unreliable on both the fitness and performance front.

lysglimt

Scout
I knew fixture congestion was bad but 30 games in 10 days is a scandal :eek:
It's actually worse than that - since the gap between Burnley and Forest (21st and 27th of december) - United will play every 3rd or 4th day for exactly 2 months. And if United beat Barcelona, the same fixture congestion will continue for at least 1 more month after one weeks rest

Withnail

It's actually worse than that - since the gap between Burnley and Forest (21st and 27th of december) - United will play every 3rd or 4th day for exactly 2 months. And if United beat Barcelona, the same fixture congestion will continue for at least 1 more month after one weeks rest
I think you need to read it again

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Manchester United attacker Anthony Elanga (20) is one of the options to further strengthen PSV. The club is still working hard to boost its attack.
Whether PSV want him on loan or permanently is unclear, but there's definitely some interest.

croadyman

It makes sense that Spurs would say they are optimistic, but I suspect the reality is they know he isn’t signing a new deal and just want to get the biggest price for him
100% certain this fully hinges on them finishing in top 4 but could be totally wrong

Dannn411

If he hasn't trained since day one why won't a release decision be taken on him? I have never understood the way the club has handled this whole Jones situation. Unless there is something behind the scenes I don't know it has to be Exhibit A as to how badly-run we are.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If he hasn't trained since day one why won't a release decision be taken on him? I have never understood the way the club has handled this whole Jones situation. Unless there is something behind the scenes I don't know it has to be Exhibit A as to how badly-run we are.
Not really, can’t just terminate employment with no credible reason

Status
Not open for further replies.